ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto
 
pvmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: North Rocks
Oddometer: 330
Ill take one so I can fill beelizzy up. So to speak.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
__________________
Instagram@ pvmoto
pvmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #17
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist
 
Phil_Fong's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Land of Schnitzels
Oddometer: 12,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Talked me into it.......


Oh ye of little faith .....


__________________
tEAM nONG - Quorn Schnitzel Club

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
PBee
*
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 7,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Fong View Post
Oh ye of little faith .....


Nah...I just lack strength of character..
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village


PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
lentil
All round nice guy
 
lentil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Gunnedah
Oddometer: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Nah...I just lack strength of character..
If your expecting us not to comment
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Err Im a maybe <--- indesicive Give me a day or so to think about it!

They look the shiz
__________________
F5 is for wussies Command R is where the actions at!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #20
'Pirate'
'12 Tiger 800XC
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Albury, NSW
Oddometer: 101
They ain't stink proof

Guys, two mates and I got one each of these before our Cameron Cnr/Strezlecki trip last year.
They are a bloody good bit of kit, user friendly (but can be awkward to tie on when full), and we were all very happy with them, but I gotta say, be aware they most certainly aren't odour proof.
Once used, even when empty they had to be left outside overnight. No chance at all of storing in a pannier. I tried putting inside a triple thickness shopping bag with limited success. My mate was onto it and was stuffing his into a cheap dry bag, which seemed to do the trick.
Has been in the shed empty for a few months now, and the smell has gone.
Would be happy to loan mine to someone if they were after a dummy run.
Once again, other than that, full marks for a very good bit of gear.

Just my 2c worth.

Pete.
__________________
_____________
If your bike could tavel at the speed of light, would your headlight still work.....
'Pirate' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev
 
Aussie Trev's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gawler, South Australia
Oddometer: 4,810
Got your PM Oliver.

What say we keep going with the SA ADV Rider one, and your call for purchasers and see how we go. When the time comes to put the orders in, we amalgamate and see what they do so far as price is concerned. There's a mobile number for the owner on their site (saw it the other night). As I suggested, we could get them sent out in two lots and even pay for them in two lots. In today's market I'm sure they won't be hard to deal with over this and WE ARE their target audience - so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll monitor how you're going here too.
__________________
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1982 PE175Z
Full member......Quorn Schnitzel Club

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
Sean-0
Closed
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Oztraya Mate
Oddometer: 3,955
I met paul the other day... from L/C real nice guy but be assured ..fuel bladders for bike riders are the least of his buissness


5 mtr drop pfffft ... they drop tested them from 30 mtr's ..i crashed with them ...there great and very tuff


they are NOT leech proof .....also he will make them any size you like ...also a small tip to save a few bucks ...ask for no edge banding only the metal eyelets ...unless you want your's to look purdy

am getting custom made set this week 15 ltrs X2 ,,,make sure you ask for the filler spout as well
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist
 
Phil_Fong's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Land of Schnitzels
Oddometer: 12,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pirate' View Post
Guys, two mates and I got one each of these before our Cameron Cnr/Strezlecki trip last year.
They are a bloody good bit of kit, user friendly (but can be awkward to tie on when full), and we were all very happy with them, but I gotta say, be aware they most certainly aren't odour proof.
Once used, even when empty they had to be left outside overnight. No chance at all of storing in a pannier. I tried putting inside a triple thickness shopping bag with limited success. My mate was onto it and was stuffing his into a cheap dry bag, which seemed to do the trick.
Has been in the shed empty for a few months now, and the smell has gone.
Would be happy to loan mine to someone if they were after a dummy run.
Once again, other than that, full marks for a very good bit of gear.

Just my 2c worth.

Pete.

This man speaks the truth
__________________
tEAM nONG - Quorn Schnitzel Club

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man
 
Sunken Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fryertown, Victoria, Australia
Oddometer: 53
Sounds good Trev.

Thanks guys for the great input (especially those who have used them)!

So Vic guys, lets see how its looking in a week. I am sure we'll have more than 11 by then.

Thanks Sean-0 for your recommendations. I'll find out if there'll be much in it either way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Got your PM Oliver.

What say we keep going with the SA ADV Rider one, and your call for purchasers and see how we go. When the time comes to put the orders in, we amalgamate and see what they do so far as price is concerned. There's a mobile number for the owner on their site (saw it the other night). As I suggested, we could get them sent out in two lots and even pay for them in two lots. In today's market I'm sure they won't be hard to deal with over this and WE ARE their target audience - so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll monitor how you're going here too.
Sunken Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
llewdaert
Gnarly Adventurer
 
llewdaert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia
Oddometer: 253
Can a NSW'er get in on the buy??

Can a NSW'er get in on the buy?? If yes then I would like one please..
James




Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Holmgren View Post
Sounds good Trev.

Thanks guys for the great input (especially those who have used them)!

So Vic guys, lets see how its looking in a week. I am sure we'll have more than 11 by then.

Thanks Sean-0 for your recommendations. I'll find out if there'll be much in it either way.
llewdaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #26
GoneAgain
Huh?
 
GoneAgain's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bendigonia, Vic.
Oddometer: 1,300
i'm a maybe...

(for the vic buy not the SA one )



.
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #27
kipo
Beastly Adventurer
 
kipo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Port Augusta
Oddometer: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Got your PM Oliver.

What say we keep going with the SA ADV Rider one, and your call for purchasers and see how we go. When the time comes to put the orders in, we amalgamate and see what they do so far as price is concerned. There's a mobile number for the owner on their site (saw it the other night). As I suggested, we could get them sent out in two lots and even pay for them in two lots. In today's market I'm sure they won't be hard to deal with over this and WE ARE their target audience - so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll monitor how you're going here too.
Good on ya Trev, leave it up to you where we end up getting ours, on the SA list or here.

Cheers
__________________
Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks I'm a prick
"The only true wilderness is between a Greenies ears"

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #28
PBee
*
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 7,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
If your expecting us not to comment
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Err Im a maybe <--- indesicive Give me a day or so to think about it!

They look the shiz
It was an invitation.....
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUBEst 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the ANGORICHINA Village


PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #29
Wilmo
Orange Fever
 
Wilmo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: North Perth
Oddometer: 1,256
Count me in for 1......in WA
__________________
Rudall River Ride 2011 Kimberley Ride 2012
Australasian Safari 2012 Gascoyne Dash Racer 2012

Take risks and live an extraordinary life!
Wilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #30
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man
 
Sunken Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fryertown, Victoria, Australia
Oddometer: 53
Tally

This is where we are at people.

Oliver 4 -Vic
Mortaygo 1 QLD
Llamaha 1 Vic
Pvmoto 1 NSW
Llewdart 1 NSW
GoneAgain 1 Vic ?
Wilmo 1 WA

Vic 5+1?
NSW 2
QLD 1
WA 1

The postage is going to be a lot cheaper if there is more than one person per state, that means twisiting ya mates arm
Sunken Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014