Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #31
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,138
Oliver has put in a lot of work here and has just about got this bulk buy over the line. The SA one isn't far off so maybe we should let both enterprises go their own ways rather than complicate things and the owner doesn't seem interested in too much discount. We haven't really pushed the SA one yet, and with the Flinders Classic coming up we should gather some further interest up there if we've still got some space for purchasers.

Although someone wasn't totally in agreement with 'we are the target audience' comment, I'm guessing these 12 lt bags are not aimed at trucks, cars or scooters - so I still think we are the people they are trying to sell them to it's just whether they want to sell them in bulk or not.

I do pick up on some negative comments about them though, smell??

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
If this guy isn't willing to look after us, are there alternative brands we can look at? I've seen fuel bladders in a shop at Dubbo NSW. I could always call them and find out the brand. Perhaps they'd be more willing to come to the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
westy525
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thumb

Oliver, 1 more for NSW, Count me in for the no frills fuel spout version

Allan
westy525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Oddometer: 53
Tally

Looking good people.
Lets see if we can get a few more in QLD and WA to make distribution costs lower for those people.
We have only had this posted a few days so I won't hurry to close it and order just yet. Gotta give everyone a chance to at least see the thread.

Oliver 4 -Vic
Mortaygo 1 QLD
Llamaha 1 Vic
Pvmoto 1 NSW
Llewdart 1 NSW
GoneAgain 1 Vic ?
Wilmo 1 WA
Westy525 1 NSW

Vic 5+1?
NSW 3
QLD 1
WA 1

As far as the guy looking after us goes, he is giving us the bulk discount that he offers on his site for 11+ orders. As to weather I can get him to go a bit further, well that all depends how many of us are ordering. The more of ya, the hard I can twist the throttle, er, I mean his arm

As far as eyelets vs standard, I am really cautious to open this buy up to any options guys!! I am afraid I'm guuna have to keep it simple. There will be some wanting this and some wanting that so to speak. Thats why he charges 150+GST for "one of this, one of that" type orders. There is (from what I gather) more functionality with the full edging and fabric loops. Now we only stand to pay more if we are divided so lets stand together and get them all with the loops for the same ultimate price.

You guys need to let as many mates know and I'll get us as sweet a deal as I can.

Going well guys, keep em comin
Sunken Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #35
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
one for me pls.

thats nsw

thankyou
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #36
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
1 more for me please.
2 in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,180
I'll opt in if there's still room. WA

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #38
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Oliver has put in a lot of work here and has just about got this bulk buy over the line. The SA one isn't far off so maybe we should let both enterprises go their own ways rather than complicate things and the owner doesn't seem interested in too much discount. We haven't really pushed the SA one yet, and with the Flinders Classic coming up we should gather some further interest up there if we've still got some space for purchasers.

Although someone wasn't totally in agreement with 'we are the target audience' comment, I'm guessing these 12 lt bags are not aimed at trucks, cars or scooters - so I still think we are the people they are trying to sell them to it's just whether they want to sell them in bulk or not.

I do pick up on some negative comments about them though, smell??
In regards to the target audience, the recreational side of things seems to be a smaller part of his business when looking at all the other products he makes for the commercial sector.

The bladders do leech a very small amount, but nothing to be really concerned about unless you very sensitive to smell. In normal circumstances I couldn't notice it, unlike fuel in the dromedary water bladders (emergency use only but leech like a sieve). It may be different in a closed saddle bag etc.

There is a small hole in the side of the cap to relieve pressure build up buy undoing partially. I use snaphooks through the loops to attach to rings on straps attached to a duffel bag behind me. Makes getting the bladder on and off easier

I have found him easy to deal with and willing to stand by his products. He even sent me the first iteration of the enduro back with two water bladders but no fuel bladder free of charge. Thought it was someones else order but was informed they were clearing remaining stock of these units for the updated version.

Now do I need another one?, will have a think.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #39
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Tally

Looking good guys. We now have 12 in and 1 maybe. Thats the magic number right there. No reason to close the doors just jet though especially if we have a few drop out we still want to be over 11. It will still get easier if there at least a few in each state to be a central point to mail to (where possible). I am happy to send to individuals if needed but its going to be easier and cheeper for everyone if central person in each state. Personally I am quite looking forward to meeting a few other ADVers in my state
I can feel a day trip comin on.

Oliver 4 -Vic
Mortaygo 1 QLD
Llamaha 1 Vic
Pvmoto 2 NSW
Llewdart 1 NSW
GoneAgain 1 Vic ?
Wilmo 1 WA
Westy525 1 NSW
fallingoff 1 NSW
squilly 1 WA

Vic 5+1?
NSW 4
QLD 1
WA 2

Keep letting fellow ADVers know, keep em rollin in.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #40
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Bump

Spoke to Andy Strapz today to see if he wanted in on the group buy too. He gets em at the bulk price as a retailer so he didn't jump at it but he seems a great fella. He stocks things he has really tried and knows work. I like his business and can't wait to go check it out in person next week.

These four fuel bladders I'm getting are to kit out two bikes for a six month trip to Cape York that me n a mate are leaving on in late march. My mate is talking about Africa after the Cape. I told him one thing at a time

What crazy long haul adventures are you boys plannin with your L/C bladders?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #41
Jeffro66
Mild adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bribieisland4x4 View Post
I personally cant see how a bladder would pass a 5 m drop test. But I maybe wrong.
Looking at the website I they are sold as fuel bladders (there also sell water bladders), also, if me and my bike drop 5m the bladder will be the least of my worries
Jeffro66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #42
Jeffro66
Mild adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Opps. Sorry, forgot to say that I will have one as well.
Jeffro66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #43
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,698
When I organized a bulk buy I found it easier to send item direct to purchasers anywhere in Australia using these satchels from Auspost. Adds about $11 to the purchase price. They have an online program that will print the shipping details ready to slip into a sleeve on the satchel and let you pay br credit card. You can track the satchels online if you lodge them at your local post office. Doesn't have to be eBay stuff that you are sending. The tracking option is a bonus that doesn't come with over the counter satchels from the Post Office. Saves disputes about items not arriving.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/australiap...tore-satchels/

Put me down for one.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Sleepy John screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 12:08 PM
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #44
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,577
Put me down for one.

BTW, plenty of fuel up the cape, gut I guess it depends on the way your going.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #45
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Tally

Thanks for the great advice Sleepy John! I'll follow that one up when postage time comes around.

What goes around comes around huh, you did a bulk order a while back and now someone else is doing one. I like it

Oliver 4 -Vic
Mortaygo 1 QLD
Llamaha 1 Vic
Pvmoto 2 NSW
Llewdart 1 NSW
GoneAgain 1 Vic ?
Wilmo 1 WA
Westy525 1 NSW
fallingoff 1 NSW
squilly 1 WA
Jeffro66 1 NSW
Sleepy John 1 QLD
Chop Chop 1 QLD

Vic 5+1?
NSW 5
QLD 3
WA 2

Come on Vic boys, there are almost more orders from NSW now, whats going on :P I feel like I am holding up the team here