User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
HOSS77 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Oset or?

Well I was pretty much set on buying my boy an Oset for Christmas and then we were at Oshkosh for the fly in and stumbled upon these:

http://www.kuberg.com

Anyone know anything about these? Seem to be a new comer to the market. If anything there website is a bit better than Oset's. Thanks
HOSS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
LCNMRIDER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS77 View Post
Well I was pretty much set on buying my boy an Oset for Christmas and then we were at Oshkosh for the fly in and stumbled upon these:

http://www.kuberg.com

Anyone know anything about these? Seem to be a new comer to the market. If anything there website is a bit better than Oset's. Thanks

That is an interesting bike. How much were they asking for them?

GASGAS also has a new electric bike.

I guess Ian has some competition as the GASGAS and the Kuberg bike both look like copies of the OSET's.
LCNMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,466
Oset! Seems we had a Sherco copy a few years ago that would rock the market. Nothing like buying cheap and owning crap! Or you could wait a couple years to see if that Czech bike works.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,616
Oset, there are many that have owned them and some that have made some serious modifications such as BB7 bicycle brakes, different batteries, tires, etc. Proven little bikes, but you may want to install a playing card on the tire to find them when they just ride off to who knows where. Many parents have went searching for their 3 year old.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
HOSS77 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Thanks Guys. Pretty much the way I was leaning, I don't really wanna be a guinea pig for the new one.

The price point was right on track with the Oset. It seemed pretty nice. I kept asking what was different between it and the Oset and the only answer I really got was "it's better".
HOSS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
michalkubanek
n00b

Oddometer: 5
see them first

Hi Hoss77,
I am the CEO of KUBERG so my opinion is not independent :-)
I suggest you invest the time and see the bikes in reality before you make the purchase. I know you said you saw them in Oshkosh but I mean to see them next to the other bikes :-).

People who said "OSET" in above posts has only seen OSETS so their opinion is biased same way as mine.

Maybe check video with Garraham offroad training on our facebook http://www.facebook.com/kubergmotorcycles
Note that KUBERG sell also MX model.

If you do not know where to see or test the bikes - let me know I will make it happen.

Anyway - happy riding for your kid.
Michal
michalkubanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
PTRadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
My son has been riding an oset 12.5 for the last two summers. It hasn't given me any problems and taught him to ride without the noise and intimidation of a gas motor. (He started at 3 yrs old) He has out grown it now and I'm looking for a 50cc trials bike for him to ride. I'd get him the Oset 36v 16" bike but he wants to start to compete and I'd need 4 sets of batteries for him to finish a trials event! Anyway, I don't know much about the other two, but I wouldn't hesitate to recomend the oset to anyone.
PTRadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Michal -

As a rank newcomer to kids electric bikes looking to get my 5 year old on something (and contemplating being a dealer), I would be very interested in a factual side-by-side comparison between your machine and the Oset. The website is a bit lacking in details. What are the technological differentiators? Frame? Components? Battery tech? Weight?

Thanks a bunch for posting,
Justin
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,616
The Ocet guys are slowly incorporating some proven bicycle stuff into their builds. Battery upgrades are a big factor and longevity. The other bike is cool but again, compare apples to apples. Ocet uses a _____ rear brake - we use a _____ because it is _____. There will always be a better version and new competition in this market is a healthy thing. I hope you are very successful with the KUBERG. I personally don't like the seat height. The looks of the thing are for the parents. A trials type bike should be much lower and enable the kids to move around on it at a young little legged age. Your bike may be aimed at the larger motocross parents?

Check out Malcolm at @ 3.5 years old.

http://youtu.be/nvz1LPS_SHo

Good luck with the KUBERG!
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
The other bike is cool but again, compare apples to apples.
Kuberg -
12" bike for 2 - 5 years old, ~ 50lbs
16" bike for 5 - 10 years old

Oset -
12" bike for 2 - 5 years old, ~ 50 lbs
16" bike for 5 - 10 years old

I would list more stats but I can't find them on the Kuberg site. At the least I'd say we're comparing apples to apples.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
machalooney
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Oset Spider 160

My buddy sold me his 2006 Oset Spider 160, 24V

So sweet! With my son who turned 3 in June, his fingers can't reach the brake levers. I hang onto the tail and act as a brake if we're heading for trouble; seems to have it pretty good now on his own. He likes to practice crashing now too. His hands will fit perfect next summer I bet.

Another cool trick my son enjoyed was playing with the throttle with the bike on the stand. I'd show him the rear brake. Seemed to give him confidence once he hopped on knowing what happens when the throttle is turned.

After watching the Kuberg videos and looking at their site, looks like another phenomenal option especially for learning to ride with a seat, mx style.

Anyway, it's so fun to teach our kids how to ride. My daughter who is five months old will prolly inherit this bike and who knows what will be on the market in a few years.

I need some footage...
machalooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
michalkubanek
n00b

will reply soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Michal -

As a rank newcomer to kids electric bikes looking to get my 5 year old on something (and contemplating being a dealer), I would be very interested in a factual side-by-side comparison between your machine and the Oset. The website is a bit lacking in details. What are the technological differentiators? Frame? Components? Battery tech? Weight?

Thanks a bunch for posting,
Justin
Hi Justin,
thank you for your question. I will answer you in few days time - I am currently on business trip.
Best regards,
Michal
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
michalkubanek
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
The Ocet guys are slowly incorporating some proven bicycle stuff into their builds. Battery upgrades are a big factor and longevity. The other bike is cool but again, compare apples to apples. Ocet uses a _____ rear brake - we use a _____ because it is _____. There will always be a better version and new competition in this market is a healthy thing. I hope you are very successful with the KUBERG. I personally don't like the seat height. The looks of the thing are for the parents. A trials type bike should be much lower and enable the kids to move around on it at a young little legged age. Your bike may be aimed at the larger motocross parents?

Check out Malcolm at @ 3.5 years old.

http://youtu.be/nvz1LPS_SHo

Good luck with the KUBERG!
Hi,
nice video :-)
Currently we have got three models. More coming very soon. Two of the existing have very similar seat height as existing Oset bikes. I am not sure which bike you was exactly reffering to.
Michal
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
mmanniko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
There was an Oset 20 at our last trial. It is a major jump in quality and performance. My daughter rode it in the Jr competition and gave it a win.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mmanniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Hey man... mind if I ask how much you paid? I've been searching Craigslist like crazy and the options are limited.

Regarding your little guy's brake lever reach issue, see the little set screw in this picture? That is a reach adjustment. If you take that in, the lever will come in accordingly. You may have to adjust the cable tension as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machalooney View Post
My buddy sold me his 2006 Oset Spider 160, 24V

So sweet! With my son who turned 3 in June, his fingers can't reach the brake levers. I hang onto the tail and act as a brake if we're heading for trouble; seems to have it pretty good now on his own. He likes to practice crashing now too. His hands will fit perfect next summer I bet.

Another cool trick my son enjoyed was playing with the throttle with the bike on the stand. I'd show him the rear brake. Seemed to give him confidence once he hopped on knowing what happens when the throttle is turned.

After watching the Kuberg videos and looking at their site, looks like another phenomenal option especially for learning to ride with a seat, mx style.

Anyway, it's so fun to teach our kids how to ride. My daughter who is five months old will prolly inherit this bike and who knows what will be on the market in a few years.

I need some footage...