Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
Cool2 Adventure-Spec Triumph Tiger 800 + XC Parts - Crashbars, Bashplate, Side Stand, Rack

These have been a long time coming but we are happy to release our new range of parts for the awesome Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC.

As with our much loved parts for the BMW F800GS, KTM 950/990 Adventure, KTM 690 Enduro and Yamaha XT660z Tenere, this range is all hand made by craftsmen in the North of England. If you are not familiar with our parts, a quick read through the F800GS and KTM 690 threads linked above should give you an idea of their quality.

So without further ado....

Crashbars: - approx $300US

At Adventure-Spec we believe the most important additions to a bike are those that let you go beyond the 'safe' routes without worrying about terminally damaging your means of exploration, ie you or your bike.

Our new range of parts for Triumph's Tiger 800 and 800XC have been designed and manufactured with this principle as the primary focus.

Manufactured by CNC tube bending machines using a non-standard high tensile steel we are able to keep the seam running along the inside edge of the bars increasing strength dramatically over standard bent tube.

Completed with our usual high standard of TIG welding (unlike other inferior MIG welded products) and then triple powder coated for superb corrosion resistance these bars not only complement your bike but provide tough expedition tested protection.

We doubt you will find any better.

Bashplate: - approx $235US
A 4mm thick Adventure-Spec sumpguard. Designed for offroad and adventure use this guard is made with the same attention to detail and quality material as all Adventure-Spec products.

Luggage Rack: - approx $85US

Adventure-Spec's rear luggage plate provides a sturdy platform to attach all manner of bags and luggage to.

With a generous complement of slots and holes it can accommodate all types of straps, bungees, webbing, ratchets etc. The side slots are parallel to work better with wide straps and allow tighter fastening.

All slots and holes have fully chamfered edges to prevent damage to straps and luggage. The whole plate is deburred and has smoothed edges for further slash protection

The rack is supplied with machined and annodized spacers to allow straps to easily pass beneath the plate.

Side Stand Big Foot: - approx $40US

Motorcycle side stands are often no use on soft ground or sand. The stand just sinks into the ground under the bikes weight and the bike topples over. Not good.

This side stand fat foot increases the surface area on the stands base, preventing it from sinking into the ground and keeping the bike upright.

It also looks great with laser etched Adventure-Spec logo.

Lowering Links: - approx $60US

For the shorter in the leg rider the towering seat height of most Adventure and Dual Sport bikes can make them extremely difficult to ride, particularly low speed manouvering.

These lowering links (25mm or 35mm), in combination with the Tiger's adjustable seat height, offer enough droop for most riders. To keep the steering geometry consistent push the forks up through the yokes a similar amount to the drop offered by the links.

Thats all for now, but we have put together a bundle that saves big on these parts and more from other manufacturers for the Tiger 800

We've have been shipping our parts around the world daily since 2008 so you can be confident the ordering procedure should be painless. Due to our direct sales model we can offer a very high quality product at reasonable prices.

The parts are all in the warehouse apart from the first production crashbars which are coming in from the finishers tonight.

All the images above link to the products on our website, where there are many more images and more details.

Ask us any questions here and we will do our best to get you an answer.

What do you think?
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate

wonky screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 10:53 AM
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,683
nice looking equipment.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Better late than never!
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
wonky OP
Team F5 !

The crashbars are in stock now (along with all the other parts) and ready for immediate shipment.

Shipping to US takes 2-3 work days

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
wonky OP
Team F5 !

We took some more shots of the crashbars as people have been asking for bare images...

We have also been asked how close to the tank the bars are at the top. We forgot to measure! We're pretty sure its about an inch, not more, they're pretty snug and it does not look as if you would want them any closer...

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Just got your Hard Parts Bundle -- wow -- great stuff

I posted a little review and photos on the Farkles thread for anyone interested...

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=705

ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Seve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
I posted a little review and photos on the Farkles thread for anyone interested...

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=705

Great review, thank you.

I was looking at a similar option for the Tiger. I thought the crash bars looked superior to the OEM and even the offerings from Altrider, although I may be wrong.

Can you tell me what dimension / diameter the crash bars are?

I know the altrider models are 1".
Seve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve View Post

Can you tell me what dimension / diameter the crash bars are?

I know the altrider models are 1".

They are 1" -- all but two short cross bars on the bottom of both sides are 3/4" and quite short. You can just about make it out in the photos above.
ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

Oddometer: 1,666
Looks like great quality built products!! Kudos to you all

One thing that prevents me from buying the crashbars is the top mounting tab. IMO This would have been the perfect crash bar system if the bar mounted to the frame AWAY from the top end. Looks way to vulnerable in the event of a hard enough lay down. The stock Triumph bars bent and actually touched the case on mine, looking to replace ASAP.

Forgive the crude MS paint design...

Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote