ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Well didja? Do I need to remind you to be careful with that ABS sensor?
It was my first project in my new rented garage. It actually went very well! i only scraped one kunckle. Usually this job involves at least two smashed knuckles that end up filled with black grease.

I ran out of time to button it all up, but the dirty work is done. I'll finish it up tomorrow morning and be ready to roll to Filow-meth.

Hey Scott and Timbo....where do you want to meet? I'm planning on heading through Farmington, 219 thru Newberg, maybe cross the Wheatland ferry just for giggles, to 221 and figure out a way to avoid the outskirts of Salem to pick up 223.

Something like that.
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
It was my first project in my new rented garage. It actually went very well! i only scraped one kunckle. Usually this job involves at least two smashed knuckles that end up filled with black grease.

I ran out of time to button it all up, but the dirty work is done. I'll finish it up tomorrow morning and be ready to roll to Filow-meth.

Hey Scott and Timbo....where do you want to meet? I'm planning on heading through Farmington, 219 thru Newberg, maybe cross the Wheatland ferry just for giggles, to 221 and figure out a way to avoid the outskirts of Salem to pick up 223.

Something like that.
Nice job, guess I better dust off the BMW. I'll send y'all a PM.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
JustAnotherMike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thinking about heading over that way. Not sure if I will make it to Hoskin's yet... Does anyone know how long does this celebration at Hoskins usually lasts? Let's see, making a list: chunk of wood, eats, beverage of choice, Marley music, wet weather gear, camping table and chairs, extra Buell parts, dreadlocks, mosquito repellent (lol).

"Remember, wherever you go, there you are" ~ unknown
JustAnotherMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #19
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherMike View Post
Thinking about heading over that way. Not sure if I will make it to Hoskin's yet... Does anyone know how long does this celebration at Hoskins usually lasts? Let's see, making a list: chunk of wood, eats, beverage of choice, Marley music, wet weather gear, camping table and chairs, extra Buell parts, dreadlocks, mosquito repellent (lol).
Leave the Table and Chairs at home and throw in a tow rope .... The place is normally vacant by 1500ish, but that is totally up to those in attendance. I don't think the Gestapo kick you out of the park until dusk....

Wet Weather Gear.....what is that for? It ain't gonna rain.............................................. ................................much.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #20
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherMike View Post
Damn I get you Mikes mixed up. Are you the blue Super Tenere Mike or the black Super Tenere Mike? Ahh screw it, you MIKES are interchangable . My first time to this shindig also. Wondering if I should bring the bear spray?

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
peterman OP
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
geeez,,

Itza frikken PARK people,,paved roads and parking lots,,flush toilets, covered structures with seating capacity for over 50, benches, tables, hiking trails, blue sky and sunshine!

It is a walk in the park!
last year we hung around a while, ate some tasty snacks, visited with friends, and rode to the coast to get home the long way,,it is what you make it.
I will say this,, there are likely to be a faqir contingent of other rider folk who may not be as hooligan or ruffian like as some of the ADV family. Manners are in order when addressing these fine folk.Don't be yelling profanities and spitting beer on somebody's grandma,

,,,cuz it's likely she can kick yer ass!
See y'all sunday!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,871
Bob Marley

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
Itza frikken PARK people,,paved roads and parking lots,,flush toilets, covered structures with seating capacity for over 50, benches, tables, hiking trails, blue sky and sunshine!

It is a walk in the park!
last year we hung around a while, ate some tasty snacks, visited with friends, and rode to the coast to get home the long way,,it is what you make it.
I will say this,, there are likely to be a faqir contingent of other rider folk who may not be as hooligan or ruffian like as some of the ADV family. Manners are in order when addressing these fine folk.Don't be yelling profanities and spitting beer on somebody's grandma,

,,,cuz it's likely she can kick yer ass!
See y'all sunday!
This is funny!
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #23
JustAnotherMike
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Damn I get you Mikes mixed up. Are you the blue Super Tenere Mike or the black Super Tenere Mike? Ahh screw it, you MIKES are interchangable . My first time to this shindig also. Wondering if I should bring the bear spray?
Black Tenere. Damn, you guys is all funny.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #24
peterman OP
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
smug mug stuff,,

Thanks Chip Seal for doing nothing, not hosting, and not starting any long lasting traditional gathering!

I liked it!

was good to see my brothers from the big city,Zacky and ScottPDX,, and meet some new folks,,justanotherMike and his buddy who haS NOT SIGNED ON HERE YET!,come on Dave,,commit! choose a screen name and wade on in here,, the water's fine!
Thanks to everyone who showed up to ride, I had fun going up there, even tho, I had no idea where I was a couple times,,
for the day,the only complaints I heard were mentions of a lack of reggae Marley music,,where's the frikken Marley tunes?,, I have several,, but all on cassette tapes,,
I had 'double" fun on the ride home,,,,;>)

peterman screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 06:25 PM
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,989
Ya that was fun. Too bad nobody showed up.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,424
Y'all didn't believe me. We really did have some sun on the way down!

There were AT LEAST 600 people there. Nice ride today!
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #27
JustAnotherMike
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
Thanks Chip Seal for doing nothing, not hosting, and not starting any long lasting traditional gathering!

I liked it!

was good to see my brothers from the big city,Zacky and ScottPDX,, and meet some new folks,,justanotherMike and his buddy who haS NOT SIGNED ON HERE YET!,come on Dave,,commit! choose a screen name and wade on in here,, the water's fine!
Thanks to everyone who showed up to ride, I had fun going up there, even tho, I had no idea where I was a couple times,,
for the day,the only complaints I heard were mentions of a lack of reggae Marley music,,where's the frikken Marley tunes?,, I have several,, but all on cassette tapes,,
I had 'double" fun on the ride home,,,,;>)
" I had fun going up there, even tho, I had no idea where I was a couple times,," Damn, for some perverse reason I wish I had been riding with you today Peterman - as I have "discovered" some of my favorite rides while lost... Then again, after meeting you today, the saying "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

Hope every body had a safe ride home - enjoyed meeting up with you all today... that goes for oldmonkeybutt's dad - Frank too - is he called old "dinosaur" monkeybutt?

Scottpdx, next time we be sharing your beverages. Kz

Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #28
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

The ride from Portland started a little on the wet side, but Easy and I were both just loving being able to ride the bikes.

Zac and I got in early, and found this character already got coals together, the espresso machine running and party hat on. Way to go and, thanks for the set-up.

Lots of pretty bikes made the ride.

Nice picnic shelter at Ft. Hoskins.

More wood, than fire pit, butw managed.
http://s789.beta.photobucket.com/use...aaf86.jpg.html

Weiners were consumed.

Bike just kept showing up.

Nice group of riders.

More cool bikes.

The ride home was great. There was very little traffic and we managed to skirt the edge of valley and find some nice high speed farm lands. Even managed to throw Bald Peak into the mix in our lazy meanderings north.

Nice to see everyone again. Next time...camping...and more fire.

-= Scott

Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #29
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,997
More fire, camping.

Brookings, April fools.

Yep.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840707

tblume screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 12:40 PM
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
keizerdave
n00b

Oddometer: 2
newest member

Peterman,

I'm in....partly as a result of your subtle coaxing and more a result of this group being as fun as the 'mikes' have said. Looking forward to upcoming adventures.

dave
keizerdave is offline   Reply With Quote