ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
b1pig OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Ray City, Ga
Oddometer: 604
the anti-shiny...

... flat black super beetle.



bought last april. still working on it. my 17yo refuses to drive it after he got rear ended in it.



pulled the rack off the top. like it better w/o it. got fenders to put on the front some time in the near future. got new weld-in "nutserts" for the fenders. another non-ending project. much like the Jeep next to it.

my little man likes it, though. every time he goes outside, he goes to the back and lifts the decklid to make sure the engine is still there.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
eric2
®egister this:
 
eric2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Austin
Oddometer: 3,580
New formerly shiny BMW painted flat black. Looks like he forgot the trunk deck

__________________
Eric
'06 R12GS, '13 s1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
I've yet to see a poor person driving a real gas hog......
lottery: A tax for people bad at math
eric2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2 View Post
New formerly shiny BMW painted flat black. Looks like he forgot the trunk deck

[image]
Probably a vinyl wrap job. I wrapped a friend's Audi S5. Took a few weeks to do the whole thing. Since it was his daily driver, we did one panel at a time. We also did the trunk lid last -- so for a while, his looked like that too.

Due to the curve across the rear and the badging (most people debadge, some want the vinyl over the badges, while others want them re-applied OVER the vinyl), it's a tricky panel to do right with regular vinyl.
cab591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
eric2
®egister this:
 
eric2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Austin
Oddometer: 3,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab591 View Post
Probably a vinyl wrap job. I wrapped a friend's Audi S5. Took a few weeks to do the whole thing. Since it was his daily driver, we did one panel at a time. We also did the trunk lid last -- so for a while, his looked like that too.

Due to the curve across the rear and the badging (most people debadge, some want the vinyl over the badges, while others want them re-applied OVER the vinyl), it's a tricky panel to do right with regular vinyl.
Interesting, is it to protect the paint? Why not use a clear vinyl? I think there's a thread in Gspot about applying them to bikes, mostly in camo colors, I might give that a try someday.
__________________
Eric
'06 R12GS, '13 s1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
I've yet to see a poor person driving a real gas hog......
lottery: A tax for people bad at math
eric2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,281


__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
rocker59
diplomatico di moto
 
rocker59's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: The Trans-Mississippi
Oddometer: 15,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2 View Post
Interesting, is it to protect the paint? Why not use a clear vinyl? I think there's a thread in Gspot about applying them to bikes, mostly in camo colors, I might give that a try someday.
Cause clear would be shiney.

You wanna murdah that bitch out, it's gotta be flat black, yo!
__________________
Rocker59 (aka guzzimike), Aux Arcs (NW Arkansas)
Moto Guzzi: LeMans 1000 CI, Sport 1100, V11 LeMans Nero Corsa
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,281
Egg shell with flat clear
__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina
 
Juanjo_NY's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: WashingtonVille, NY
Oddometer: 3,885
anti-shiny... my favorite color! ;)




__________________
cheers, Juanjo

Juanjo_NY screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 05:05 PM
Juanjo_NY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
jfslater98
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 259
Sort of unshiny



Sometimes I miss it...
jfslater98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014