Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #46
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzrider View Post
possibility we drill miles away offshore. we all drive cars love dirt bikes , use electricity, use synthetics, plastics did I mention motor sports. Its great to be hypocritical .( not to offend). drilling brings lots of jobs . Not walmart or tom thumb jobs . Jobs people can actually live and raise a family on. people want the trash man to pick up there garbage but dont want the dump around them. I guess its alright to use oil but not want it any where but in a bottle in the store .It makes no sense to me .we luv racing and riding but we want nothing to do with the process it takes to make the plastics, run the furnaces to form the engine parts or lubricate them. Not to mention the machinery to mine the ore to make the metal to make the engines . than the fuel to run the trucks to deliver to a port to run a ship to deliver the bike to another port, to get on some more trucks . then we get them break some shit order parts on our plastic computer. the part gets air delivered than truck delivered in plastic wrap. we finally buy fuel. drive our trucks trailers out to brox. f---in crash get a medavac by a helicopter that doesnt run on water. go to a hospital that every medical bad vial are made of plastics .even the plastic credit card you pay the bill with has touched oil in some way. There may be some solutions but as I see it there are always going to be hypocrites. Even f-in green piece drives to there meetings . and uses motorized vessels to protest . Sorry for rambling. but think about your life and all the oil everything in your life has touched .have a great day.

Troof!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #47
tenfiddy
Demotivational P C

Oddometer: 178
Bzrider. I see what you're saying there but you have to stop somewhere and ask, "at what cost"? It's tough being green and a fuel slut with a five bikes, a 500 hp car, a mud truck on 42's, and 10mpg towhoe to pull them all around sitting in the driveway. The facts as I have found them are that all oil goes into a general market and will be sold to whomever needs it. These guys rally around a claim to make America more fuel independent and thats just a load of BS. Its about cash dollar and that is the bottom line. F-everybody else. State and federal lands should not be exploited for this purpose.

If they really want to help America become energy independant, they'll invest in solid, long term solutions such as solar power to reduce our needs and protect our environment at the same time. However, big money only wants one thing... more money and they dont care how they get it.. our outrageous national debt is there because big money saw a way to get more $$$. We'll be paying it off for generations.

What if half of that money went to supplying the country with renewable energy (such as solar panels for everyone)? I'd rather be paying for that than what we are. I know that trading war dollars for a solar infrastructure is a somewhat simplistic solution to a very complex problem, I use it to illustrate that there is a better way even if it is too late.

If you haven't already, take a look at what happened in North Dakota since 2008. I'll give up my cars before I'll allow that mess to get started in my state. There needs to be SOME sacred ground.
"Unlimited foobar until epoch!"
tenfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #48
ex250mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
They should clear cut the forest and build a giant solar farm. Taxpayer funded of course :)
ex250mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #49
tenfiddy
Demotivational P C

Oddometer: 178
finally a solution we can all stand behind!
"Unlimited foobar until epoch!"
tenfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #50
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,523
I've often thought they should have floating solar panels in the Gulf.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #51
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
I've often thought they should have floating solar panels in the Gulf.
That and wind turbines . The problem is no one wants to see them. Like everything else , NOT IN MY BACK YARD. It also isnt cost effective .
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #52
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
Bzrider. I see what you're saying there but you have to stop somewhere and ask, "at what cost"? It's tough being green and a fuel slut with a five bikes, a 500 hp car, a mud truck on 42's, and 10mpg towhoe to pull them all around sitting in the driveway. The facts as I have found them are that all oil goes into a general market and will be sold to whomever needs it. These guys rally around a claim to make America more fuel independent and thats just a load of BS. Its about cash dollar and that is the bottom line. F-everybody else. State and federal lands should not be exploited for this purpose.

If they really want to help America become energy independant, they'll invest in solid, long term solutions such as solar power to reduce our needs and protect our environment at the same time. However, big money only wants one thing... more money and they dont care how they get it.. our outrageous national debt is there because big money saw a way to get more $$$. We'll be paying it off for generations.

What if half of that money went to supplying the country with renewable energy (such as solar panels for everyone)? I'd rather be paying for that than what we are. I know that trading war dollars for a solar infrastructure is a somewhat simplistic solution to a very complex problem, I use it to illustrate that there is a better way even if it is too late.

If you haven't already, take a look at what happened in North Dakota since 2008. I'll give up my cars before I'll allow that mess to get started in my state. There needs to be SOME sacred ground.
You have some good points . But I don't think there is one good answer. solar and wind still consume large tracks of land ,and aren't efficient on a large scale .You can link them . make all houses and businesses solar and wind and link them to the grid.Then you have the ( NOT IN MY NEIGHBOR HOOD SYNDROME) people don't want to see things work. They just want it to happen. They want lights but don't want a power plant in there back yard . They want a electric car. But don't no what lithium is or where it comes from . or about the swap of power. MORE strain on the grid equals more diesel burned for ships and trucks to haul coal to power plants to make more electricity . But hey you feel warm and fuzzy cause you have a electric car. No energy is free. No one answer will be correct. I like the forest and spend most of my time there .But I also make my living producing oil and gas .I know that it provides my family with a reel good living. I love riding my motorcycle .driving my 4x4 .taking my boat out . I like my job. and am proud of being a oil field hand.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #53
Hatch OP
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,895
Not. On. State. Forest. Land.
That is the goddamn argument here people. You're like a buncha politicians bringing up irrelevant shit to misdirect the conversation.
There's already plenty of drilling goin on in nw florida - on PRIVATE land. Funny thing is it aint doin all that well (pun intended)