Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,175
Safari Tank & Hose Question and Air Flaps?

Good afternoon gents

Doing some servicing on Maya (air filter etc) and just have a damn good lok at how everything is after a few thousand km.

Some observations, the tank sit hard against the LHS top pipe, it is maybe squashed or compressed slightly however I am not sure what they look like from factory.

This is it, anyone confirm if this is how it is supposed to look?

The mark on the tank

Also the small rubber non return flaps were jammed against the fuel cross pipe, given ours has been running warmer than I would have thought this may be part of the problem as they can't open, again has anyone had this issue, is it worth taking and leaving them off or does this make the fan way less efficient?

Our bike has heat covering on the cross pipe, maybe worth removing this and putting the flaps back on properly?

Will leave the flaps in the sun to straighten them as one is kinked badly, straightened it a bit but not good enough.

Any input on the better way to go would be great, many thanks Andi
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Spartan
It's All Attitude

Oddometer: 193
I just had my Safari tank off and it also slightly compresses the radiator hose. Not enough to be concerned on my bike. The tank also rubs hard on the left side frame, I need to do something about that.

The fuel crossover hose runs close to the rubber flaps. Im not sure what the purpose of the rubber is but I would not remove heat covering on the hose since hot air from the radiator passes through there.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I just had my Safari tank off and it also slightly compresses the radiator hose. Not enough to be concerned on my bike. The tank also rubs hard on the left side frame, I need to do something about that.

The fuel crossover hose runs close to the rubber flaps. Im not sure what the purpose of the rubber is but I would not remove heat covering on the hose since hot air from the radiator passes through there.
Our tank rubs hard on the LHS too, also against the radiator side tank on the RHS so I will look at adjusting the tie bracket at the bottom.

Looks like the flaps are there to let air through and they probably close when the fans come on and stop back sucking if you can put it that way.

Given ours were jammed I might leave them off and see if the bike does indeed run cooler on the road, at worst I will just put em back on if the fans are inefficient.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote