User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
bloodline OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
KLIM womens line

Can anyone confirm they will have something along the Badlands Pro level for women in the new line?

I know the line exists and I know they already have the product on hand but I can't find out if they will include a product of that level.
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Atomic Moto

Hey there,

I would definitely ask the guys at Atomic Moto to help you out, they give fantastic service there and kinda specialize in Klim gear.

Cheers.
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
had not heard that rumor, my wife will be tickled! she is constantly complaining about the lack of high quality womens gear for small women. (5'6, 115 lbs)
and she lusts after my bablands gear!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
RideThereNow
Fortunate One

Oddometer: 87
Womens Klim gear comment

My wife is 5'9" and 115 lbs and is very happy with her Klim mens's gear, it seems like mens and women's sizing with this gear is about the same since you really need some room for layering and this isn't a styling exercise. I would follow the Klim sizing chart that Revzilla posts AND talk with them if you're not certain.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I know that they made an effort to do some market research regarding women’s specific gear about a year ago. However the poll was so poorly executed it disappeared shortly after they published it. Women’s specific gear is a necessity for those who think that men’s gear should fit.. Narrower shoulders for a certain torso length, wider hips, longer legs for a certain waist, are all complaints that I hear repeatedly from the women I ride with. RUKKA has it figured out.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,952
Klim gear does not fit curvy women. Period. If you're built like a boy with slim hips, the guy versions are fine. I wish someone would come out with a serious line of women's gear that is more affordable than Rukka.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
Can anyone confirm they will have something along the Badlands Pro level for women in the new line?

I know the line exists and I know they already have the product on hand but I can't find out if they will include a product of that level.
I saw the 2013 catalog at this years bike show, the KLIM dealer showed me the pictures of the women's badlands pro line. It was black with purple stitching. Supposed to be coming some time this spring... planning on purchasing it for my wife. I was told that only the badlands pro was coming in a women's version.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
gsweave
Yinz, blinkers are on.

Oddometer: 11,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
Klim gear does not fit curvy women. Period. If you're built like a boy with slim hips, the guy versions are fine. I wish someone would come out with a serious line of women's gear that is more affordable than Rukka.

The women at revzilla would love to help ya...

http://www.revzilla.com/womens-motorcycle-gear

my wife loves her Rev'it womens gear as much as her Rukka
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #9
bloodline OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windquest View Post
I saw the 2013 catalog at this years bike show, the KLIM dealer showed me the pictures of the women's badlands pro line. It was black with purple stitching. Supposed to be coming some time this spring... planning on purchasing it for my wife. I was told that only the badlands pro was coming in a women's version.
Well, damn. My wife is not a purple (or pink) kinda woman. I'm glad they are doing the badlands pro, though.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
Gitana
A work in progress

I don't understand why motorcycle apparel companies think that women want ANYTHING in pink, purple or baby blue. Basic black and gray is fine. Then if I want to be girly, I can add a tee shirt that's pink, purple or baby blue. And some perfume. And full makeup. And some long nails and a lovely jewelry ensemble to complete the look. NOT.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
bloodline OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsweave View Post
The women at revzilla would love to help ya...

http://www.revzilla.com/womens-motorcycle-gear

my wife loves her Rev'it womens gear as much as her Rukka
My wife has a rather pricey suit from Rev it and revzilla. It's not in the same league as Klim and we have decided that any gear that comes with an additional layer to be waterproof is a waste of money.

Adding the layer in the jacket is not a big deal but adding the layer in in the pants, on the side of the road, is absurd. It's also about like wearing a plastic bag.

I can just open and close vents on my Klim gear for almost every condition that we encounter on a long ride. Her Rev it stuff requires stopping and that sucks. Most of the time, she just ends up soaked and cold because it's too much trouble to stop.

I'll also add that the "thermal" layers that come with rev it gear suck. They stay in the closet, always.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
I don't understand why motorcycle apparel companies think that women want ANYTHING in pink, purple or baby blue. Basic black and gray is fine. Then if I want to be girly, I can add a tee shirt that's pink, purple or baby blue. And some perfume. And full makeup. And some long nails and a lovely jewelry ensemble to complete the look. NOT.
Quote:
Well, damn. My wife is not a purple (or pink) kinda woman. I'm glad they are doing the badlands pro, though.
To be fair, the black suit with purple stitching(fairly dark purple) was actually not very noticeable. I would venture that you have a hard time telling the difference between the men's and women's suit from 10 feet.

Time will tell when they eventually release some pictures....
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
Gitana
A work in progress

There is no comparison to Klim gear. It is well made, easy to adjust. Love the stuff.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by windquest View Post

Here's a link to an article on the Enduro 360 website.

The trim stitching looks more pink than purple to me.

http://www.enduro360.com/2013/02/18/...m-womens-gear/

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
Gitana
A work in progress

Pink? :puke

How could a serious gear company like Klim possibly think serious women riders want PINK?
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650