Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #31
klondike1
Nobody in particular

Oddometer: 457
Nope use mine on the 800 and GSA. no issues at all. Some bikes may not be able to have all the feature another may have BTW. Unless things have changed. No iphones work with the Gs 911. Proprietary software yes. Would be great if it did.
2007 BMW F800ST(Blue Boy)
www.danieljenkins.ca
klondike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Still would like to see a GSA or even a BMW specific tech day Stephan! A webinar would be even be incredibly useful for most of us. Once everyone sees how easy it is to use I'd be willing to bet orders would increase substantially.
I plan a Tech day in the spring. All are always welcome. The GS911 will be available for anyone to use and learn on.

They are not bike specific, but have a limited number of models that they can cover. Check out the web site for more info.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 625
I guess I missed an important software update on the GS911. If I read this correctly I can now activate my spare wheel sensors with the GS911 without having to go to the dealer.... Can't wait to try this.... Thanks Very Much Stephan, been waiting a long time for this feature!

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I plan a Tech day in the spring. All are always welcome. The GS911 will be available for anyone to use and learn on.

They are not bike specific, but have a limited number of models that they can cover. Check out the web site for more info.

Jim
The tech day is awesome of you Jim. I checked the mileage and Alexandria is 870 miles and 13 hours from my door. May not work for me...How 'bout that webinar Stephan?
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
DDT Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
911 and iPhone...

I've read about the reasons why the damn iPhone is not compatible with the 911 BT interface...

I wonder if the 911 development team have looked into an intermediary device like this:

http://www.ot-2.com/
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #36
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post
I've read about the reasons why the damn iPhone is not compatible with the 911 BT interface...

I wonder if the 911 development team have looked into an intermediary device like this:

BMW bikes do not use OBD II protocols so it wouldn't work.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
jzeiler
ADWrencher

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post

I wonder when Apple will allow data over BT? Then your iphone will work.
2009 K300GT
K4AN
jzeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #38
TuefelHunden OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Gs911 BT arrives today. Looks like I'll be playing with the new toy tomorrow and won't be able to go ride in the rain and snow showers

Installed the software on this PC and my netbook plus my Droid X2. There were times of extreme anger causing me to revert to my military vocabulary, but all is well now. Have reset my service date and am ready to go on to bigger and better things.

TuefelHunden screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 01:56 PM
TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #39
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post
Gs911 BT arrives today. Looks like I'll be playing with the new toy tomorrow and won't be able to go ride in the rain and snow showers

Installed the software on this PC and my netbook plus my Droid X2. There were times of extreme anger causing me to revert to my military vocabulary, but all is well now. Have reset my service date and am ready to go on to bigger and better things.
Did you end up breaking things or was the malcontent limited to MV? I'm still in the market for a GS911 and am wondering what to expect...
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #40
TuefelHunden OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Did you end up breaking things or was the malcontent limited to MV? I'm still in the market for a GS911 and am wondering what to expect...
No , I did not break or damage things. It loaded up fast and easy on my PC, but the PC is in the house and not near the bike. When I put it on the netbook, I had issues with permissions that had nothing to do with the GS911 but aggravated my normally laid back composure (yea right). Putting it on the Droid X2 was NOT intuitive. I had some issues with GMAIL to get the app on board and then I found that it was a "foreign" app which needed a setting changed. Yea, everyone knows you have to do that A bit of searching and all was well with world. Once installed all was right with the world. The following are my opinions:
1. Major benefits are setting service interval and dealing with error codes.
2. Most of the other things are really nice to have "IF YOU ARE A DIY KINDA GUY".
3. The emergency stuff is a bit over rated. Maybe if you run the Gobi or Kalahari it is justified, but the average guy isn't going to be able to do much even when you know what the problem is because how many extra parts do you carry?
4. I'm glad I got it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #41
MoodyGS
Going round the bend

Oddometer: 159
Steve Jobs owned a BMW

What no comparability to apple products?
Steve will be rolling in his grave
MoodyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #42
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post
No , I did not break or damage things. It loaded up fast and easy on my PC, but the PC is in the house and not near the bike. When I put it on the netbook, I had issues with permissions that had nothing to do with the GS911 but aggravated my normally laid back composure (yea right). Putting it on the Droid X2 was NOT intuitive. I had some issues with GMAIL to get the app on board and then I found that it was a "foreign" app which needed a setting changed. Yea, everyone knows you have to do that A bit of searching and all was well with world. Once installed all was right with the world. The following are my opinions:
1. Major benefits are setting service interval and dealing with error codes.
2. Most of the other things are really nice to have "IF YOU ARE A DIY KINDA GUY".
3. The emergency stuff is a bit over rated. Maybe if you run the Gobi or Kalahari it is justified, but the average guy isn't going to be able to do much even when you know what the problem is because how many extra parts do you carry?
4. I'm glad I got it.
Thank you for the report! It brings to light a few other intricacies I'd not considered. I'm going to a local tech day this weekend where one of the participants will have one on hand. Looking forward to seeing it in operation.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #43
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 625
GS911 keeps getting better!

Got home yesterday, hooked up the netbook to the GS911, did the latest update and went out in the garage to do the second set of TPMS sensors for my cast wheels. Went into the advanced menu, wrote the new ID as per instructions and voila! Done!!!
Can't thank Stephan enough, saved me $$$ ( dealer charge ) and the dealer some too cause he wouldn't buy the tool (wand) needed for the new computer to activate the sensors. He told me it was close to $1000 and with just me wanting it done it wasn't worth the hastle....

Got playing around with some new features and have to say the Kombi coding is interesting. Now you have the ability to change the computer to read the odometer in miles or kms as well as changes most of the readouts like range, temp etc, but only thing it won't change is L/100 to MPG!
Again, Thanks Stephan!

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote