Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Ok Eddy, so you think you will go for the White LC GS? You'll post pictures right?
Osmin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmin C View Post
Ok Eddy, so you think you will go for the White LC GS? You'll post pictures right?
White is my favorite color on the new GS but I don't know...20,000 clams is a LOT of money for ONE bike...I keep bouncing around ideas of used F800GS, 800 Tigers and Teneres in my head...

As much as I would like to have one, for the price of the new GS plus $5000 in bags, real skidplate, lights, windsheilds, saddles, footpegs, GPS, etc... I could get a one year old farkled Tenere/Tiger/F800GS, keep my DRZ400S, upgrade my boys PW50 to a KTM65, get me a nice used MX bike to ride the tracks with him AND have a bunch of money left over for farkles, gear, taxes, insurance, gas and tires!

Besides, I'm not famous for keeping bikes too long and depreciation stinks!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
White is my favorite color on the new GS but I don't know...20,000 clams is a LOT of money for ONE bike...I keep bouncing around ideas of used F800GS, 800 Tigers and Teneres in my head...

As much as I would like to have one, for the price of the new GS plus $5000 in bags, real skidplate, lights, windsheilds, saddles, footpegs, GPS, etc... I could get a one year old farkled Tenere/Tiger/F800GS, keep my DRZ400S, upgrade my boys PW50 to a KTM65, get me a nice used MX bike to ride the tracks with him AND have a bunch of money left over for farkles, gear, taxes, insurance, gas and tires!

If a Tiger, F800, or S10 is the path you take, do you fear the potential that you might end up wanting to come back to a GS anyway? And if you come back to a Big GS, wouldnt it make sense to just get what your gut tells you you want (white LC goodness)?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmin C View Post
If a Tiger, F800, or S10 is the path you take, do you fear the potential that you might end up wanting to come back to a GS anyway? And if you come back to a Big GS, wouldnt it make sense to just get what your gut tells you you want (white LC goodness)?
Exactly, come on Eddy, you can only put off the inevitable for so long
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Exactly, come on Eddy, you can only put off the inevitable for so long
The inevitable? You mean the inevitable ass whipping my dear wife would want to give me! if I actually placed a deposit on one? I make okay money, but my problem is that my wife is a real, and my, CPA! LOL!

A brand new Tenere with traction control and ABS for the same money as a used F800GS is very seriously tempting!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,938
Quote:
The inevitable? You mean the inevitable ass whipping my dear wife would want to give me! if I actually placed a deposit on one? I make okay money, but my problem is that my wife is a real, and my, CPA! LOL!

A brand new Tenere with traction control and ABS for the same money as a used F800GS is very seriously tempting!
Factor in how much the Tenere will lose over 6 months, as you WILL be back!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:

Eddy,
SEE my SIG line..
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 2,038
Keep your bike for another year or so untill the inevitable problems with the LC -GS are discovered on someone elses dime.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
Undermoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Cool2 Shafted!

Quote:

You know you want a shaft drive, however nice those other bikes are, shaft drive! And the new one is liquid cooled, no longer a rational for not getting a shaft drive! (I love my 2012 GS though).

Undermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
UnderMoose,
The Super Ten is also shaft drive. The F800 and Tiger are Chain.

There are valid arguements for waiting on the WC GS. It may have its bugs the first year or two. The Super Ten is pretty solid machine and alot of people LOVE them. I would love to get some seat time on a ST.
I know I already love the current GSA, they are just outta my price range right now.

OP,
If you really like your bike as much as you say, you would have turned down the sale OR never listed it to begin with.
Buy one of everything, then sell them off as you pic what you like. The one you ride the most is the ONE to keep...that or buy a bunch and ride them all, that is my motto, but not my budget.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #26
Eddy Alvarez OP
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Last night I sold my GS. I was sad all day waiting for the new owner to show up, but once she was on his trailer, I was excited about hunting for something new. Less than an hour later, I saw this in Fredericksburg and pounced like a hungry Jaguar!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861768
I picked her up today, she is by far the cleanest used bike I have ever purchased. It came with over $5500 in the exact farkles I would have wanted, a two inch thick folder with reciepts for every single service, warranty repair, farkle, original brochure and installation manuals for the farkles. The best part is that it only has 7500 miles and it is still under warranty until July of 2015! I can't wait to take it out and see how she looks with mud all over her!

More pictures:http://bmwgscott.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2009-F800gs/27923702_LKDdZW#!i=2356743500&k=WBWSJR7&lb=1&s=X2
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
ultane
sqeezin the bag

Oddometer: 1,147
Just listen to the voices in your head... They won't lead you astray....

Sent from my party line rotary dial iPhone using Tapatalk

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,..
Is he still wrong?
ultane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #28
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
Theres a voice in your head saying, buy a Multistrada.
I know this, because i've heard this little voice as well.
Sounds to me like he's afraid of the MultiStrada. Just sayin'.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #29
gspdbill
noobie allover again

Oddometer: 404
Congrats Eddy! Looks beautiful.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

I have to admit....she is NICE!! Congrats!