Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #211
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,857
I hadn't seen the footpeg placement on the CX series yet. Forward footpegs are a true deal killer for me. Too bad, the whole package looked pretty good from a casual tourer/ grocery getter comfort dealio.

Nice try Honda, but you really need to sharpen those pencils.

Can I haz a new Ruckus 250 pleez?

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #212
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,783
I have been hard on Honda in recent years, but by golly, I think they are getting it right here lately. Here's something else I noticed. They have become a price leader in many categories! They are giving newer riders, downsizing riders and smaller riders some good options in many categories. And they haven't taken away significantly from their offerings in other categories. In some ways, Honda is returning to their roots, but doing so in modernized fashion. I would really like to see greater fuel capacity on their most recent offerings, and I would like to see something other than wafer thin side cases. Otherwise, I think they are offering good bikes, for a good price in categories that other manufacturers aren't.

Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #213
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine View Post
I hadn't seen the footpeg placement ion the CX series yet. Forward footpegs are a true deal killer for me. Too bad, the whole package looked pretty good from a casual tourer/ grocery getter comfort dealio.

Nice try Honda, but you really need to sharpen those pencils.

Can I haz a new Ruckus 250 pleez?
The old ruckus 250 had a foot forward riding position.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #214
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
What a disappointment, whatever happened to the honda's of the 70's, cb400, cb550, cb750, cbx, cx, turbo bikes, ect...Bikes with INNOVATION, now it's just soulless repackaged crap, how many bikes can we make with the same engine.

I suspect sales failure in 3, 2, 1

No wonder why euro bikes manufacturers are having record breaking quarters year after year.
Most of the Euros are having record breaking growth their actual sales still aren't that great. The Big Three still are the Big Three, and their sales are down because of all of the usual issues.

Except for BMW, the Euros still haven't gotten past the bugaboos of the smaller manufacturer, highly spread out dealer network, piss poor parts availablility, service issues because you can't find a dealer, etc.
Please don't tell me that "well my Triumph dealer is doing great, the ducati dealer down the street is... etc", but owning a European motorcycle is non mainstream moreso than owning a Japanese or American bike.
If I lived near a large metro area that had long established dealers, I might think M-G, KTM, or even Ducati, but with that caveat, I would have to think long and hard about parting with my dollars.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #215
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine View Post
Please don't tell me that "well my Triumph dealer is doing great, the ducati dealer down the street is... etc",...

Sorry, That isn't how forums work. You don't get to dictate what you read.

Our Triumph, Ducati, BMW stores in the Pacific Northwet ARE "doing great" We are blessed here with good dealerships. The bikes they sell don't look like the used bars of soap from the big FOUR (you forgot one)
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #216
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy74 View Post
But don't accuse Honda of going in the wrong direction when they are trying to offer bikes to others who don't want what YOU want.
Agreed.

I get a couple of grains of sand in my vagina when the whole bitching and groaning starts. You know, suspension not good enough, tank range not good enough, power not good enough, price too high, dealer too far, brakes not up to spec, too high, too low, and on.

What is the market share for cruisers in the USA? 53%? That alone points to the conservatism of the market in North America.

So even when manufacturers try to offer something different, it seems no-one buys them anyway.

And so it goes.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #217
Navin
Unwounding

Oddometer: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
Agreed.

I get a couple of grains of sand in my vagina when the whole bitching and groaning starts. You know, suspension not good enough, tank range not good enough, power not good enough, price too high, dealer too far, brakes not up to spec, too high, too low, and on.

What is the market share for cruisers in the USA? 53%? That alone points to the conservatism of the market in North America.

So even when manufacturers try to offer something different, it seems no-one buys them anyway.

And so it goes.

If they keep offering shitty bikes that trend will continue! It's a self fulfilling failure. When KTM built the 950 they had a full blown Adventure, an enduro and 2 versions of the super motard. They were all very different despite sharing platforms. Here they move a foot peg and basically call it new. Might as well just be BNG.

Where is the 47 HP motard/adv/ds 500cc single that weighs 300-325 lbs wet?

Where is the 47 HP 250cc I3 that screams to 15k RPM and weighs 325?

They dumb down to the HP limits rather that aspire to them.

Honda should stick to building dull cars, the same passion as a toaster oven company IMO.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #218
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
If they keep offering shitty bikes that trend will continue! It's a self fulfilling failure. When KTM built the 950 they had a full blown Adventure, an enduro and 2 versions of the super motard. They were all very different despite sharing platforms. Here they move a foot peg and basically call it new. Might as well just be BNG.

Where is the 47 HP motard/adv/ds 500cc single that weighs 300-325 lbs wet?

Where is the 47 HP 250cc I3 that screams to 15k RPM and weighs 325?

They dumb down to the HP limits rather that aspire to them.

Honda should stick to building dull cars, the same passion as a toaster oven company IMO.
Well I'm glad you arn't not the CEO of Honda.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #219
Navin
Unwounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
Well I'm glad you arn't not the CEO of Honda.

Are you happy with the guy who is? Think the company's founder would be?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #220
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
I have been hard on Honda in recent years, but by golly, I think they are getting it right here lately. Here's something else I noticed. They have become a price leader in many categories! They are giving newer riders, downsizing riders and smaller riders some good options in many categories. And they haven't taken away significantly from their offerings in other categories. In some ways, Honda is returning to their roots, but doing so in modernized fashion. I would really like to see greater fuel capacity on their most recent offerings, and I would like to see something other than wafer thin side cases. Otherwise, I think they are offering good bikes, for a good price in categories that other manufacturers aren't.

Come now Paul, there is no place for logic, or a positive attitude in this thread.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #221
Navin
Unwounding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o57JwibqCb8

Let me know when these guys are back from their 40 year smoke break.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #222
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
That is what they used as a template.

Feet forward Sport Bike. <<< That even sounds wrong.
That's ridiculous, unless you'll grant that Ducati used the DN-01 as a template for the Diavel.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #223
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
Honda needs a new CEO. They also need to fire every last one of their north american market research people. As a company they are capable of quality and technology that other companies can only dream about but they are just going the wrong way. Misguided like a ship without a rudder and a Captain that is sleeping.
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #224
vicster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
I just assumed the forward footpegs had more to do with giving scooter owners something familiar to lure them on to bikes than it did with the cruiser position. Looks similar to Helix, Burgman, etc. riding position to me.

Aren't these practical, economical bikes meant to be Honda's gateway drug for scooter owners to full on $$$ motorcycles??

Or am I crediting genius where there is none?
vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #225
Navin
Unwounding

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicster View Post
I just assumed the forward footpegs had more to do with giving scooter owners something familiar to lure them on to bikes than it did with the cruiser position. Looks similar to Helix, Burgman, etc. riding position to me.

Aren't these practical, economical bikes meant to be Honda's gateway drug for scooter owners to full on $$$ motorcycles??

Or am I crediting genius where there is none?

I'd bet it's less genius and more discount salaried scooter engineers who just don't know any better.