ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #226
jules083
Beastly Adventurer
 
jules083's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond, Ohio
Oddometer: 3,027
I agree with off road ability. I recently went to a county fair and the parking lot (field) was a mess. There was a guy on a tractor pulling cars out, I made it through the whole lot on my road king. Couldn't back up so I had to go the long way. Spun the whole way and couldn't really steer, but made it ok. Lots of duck walking and helping the bike with my feet though. People were laughing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
COBDR and UTBDR on my klx250:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #227
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel
 
ParrotheadJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Margaritaville, UT
Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Cruisers actually do great off road as long as you don't need ground clearance. Their low center of gravity, low seat, and easy to reach bars make them easy to handle. They obviously don't have the suspension or ground clearance, but they are a lot better off road than a more sport oriented bike.
I've had this bike on dry, well maintained dirt roads and apart from the washboard and deep, loose sand, it was a walk in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
I agree with off road ability. I recently went to a county fair and the parking lot (field) was a mess. There was a guy on a tractor pulling cars out, I made it through the whole lot on my road king. Couldn't back up so I had to go the long way. Spun the whole way and couldn't really steer, but made it ok. Lots of duck walking and helping the bike with my feet though. People were laughing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The important thing is that you made it without the tractor
__________________
Just show me the way to the bar and a nomad who knows
- Jimmy Buffett
ParrotheadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #228
vicmitch
Gnarly Adventurer
 
vicmitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Cruisers actually do great off road as long as you don't need ground clearance. Their low center of gravity, low seat, and easy to reach bars make them easy to handle. They obviously don't have the suspension or ground clearance, but they are a lot better off road than a more sport oriented bike.

I'm with you Jerry

vicmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #229
Byork
Novice
 
Byork's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: N. IN
Oddometer: 229
Pics

Well I finally stopped long enough to take some pictures. Went to the Tippecanoe River State Park this weekend for a picnic and ride. It's only 20 min from home, but we took 2 hours getting there.




__________________
'06 Vulcan 900
Byork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #230
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel
 
ParrotheadJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Margaritaville, UT
Oddometer: 1,230


I took this just outside of Castle Dale, UT this past Thursday during my lunch break. We were doing some training down in Orangeville, so I figured I'd try to get a decent pic of my bike with this corral after wanting to do that for about a year or so I don't think it turned out too bad, especially for a stitched panorama using iPhone pics and a little bit of tweaking with FastStone Image Viewer
BTW - Click for full size
__________________
Just show me the way to the bar and a nomad who knows
- Jimmy Buffett
ParrotheadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #231
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Oddometer: 855
Nice photo, Jeff. Here's one I took a couple of weeks ago on Wentworth Springs Road east of Georgetown on my new (to me) VStar 650 Custom:

gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #232
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel
 
ParrotheadJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Margaritaville, UT
Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
Nice photo, Jeff. Here's one I took a couple of weeks ago on Wentworth Springs Road east of Georgetown on my new (to me) VStar 650 Custom:

Thanks and that's a nice one you've got there, too
__________________
Just show me the way to the bar and a nomad who knows
- Jimmy Buffett
ParrotheadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #233
Byork
Novice
 
Byork's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: N. IN
Oddometer: 229
My pictures just got trumped by Jeff and Gumshoe. I'll try harder next time
__________________
'06 Vulcan 900
Byork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #234
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel
 
ParrotheadJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Margaritaville, UT
Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byork View Post
My pictures just got trumped by Jeff and Gumshoe. I'll try harder next time
Nah - your pics are still good
__________________
Just show me the way to the bar and a nomad who knows
- Jimmy Buffett
ParrotheadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #235
Byork
Novice
 
Byork's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: N. IN
Oddometer: 229
Going to work

Not much to see on the way to work today, so I just stopped a couple times in the road.
Perfect weather here the past couple days. 50's in the morning, 70's in the afternoon. Almost like fall weather I imagine we'll get back in the 90's again soon...




__________________
'06 Vulcan 900
Byork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #236
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel
 
ParrotheadJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Margaritaville, UT
Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byork View Post
Not much to see on the way to work today, so I just stopped a couple times in the road.
Perfect weather here the past couple days. 50's in the morning, 70's in the afternoon. Almost like fall weather I imagine we'll get back in the 90's again soon...




Lookin' good
__________________
Just show me the way to the bar and a nomad who knows
- Jimmy Buffett
ParrotheadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #237
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Oddometer: 855
I like photos of bikes on long, lonely roads...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #238
bdonley
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Central California coast
Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
I like photos of bikes on long, lonely roads...
Well, ok then.....
bdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #239
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Oddometer: 855
That's awesome. Care to share where? Looks like Monterey or Pacific Grove...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #240
Redcloudisalive
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 21
I am very pleased with my Triumph Rocket III Roadster. It is simply a hoot to ride.
__________________
Kawasaki KX450F; Husaberg FE 501; KTM 690 Enduro R, 990 Adventure "Baha"; BMW R1200GSA "90 Jarhe"; Triumph Rocket III Roadster; HD CVO Road Glide Ultra
Redcloudisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014