hi Rade,

any update on the HID options?

screen looks great..
Haggisbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #92
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 997
Better yet, why not a modern LED light set up.

Max
Old 11-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #93
ÖÖ.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 257
I got mine installed. Still some fine tuning to do but looks good so far.

Thanks Rade!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #94
Haggisbasher
n00b

Oddometer: 6
that looks great..!

what lights did you fit? are they HID or LED's? did you fabricate a bracket to mount / adjust the lights?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #95
ÖÖ.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 257
Upper light is Hella High beam xenon and lower is Hella Bi-halogen with D2S xenon bulb. I got the mount from Rade. But the way I mounted it I have to take the whole light assembly off if I want to adjust the lights. Fortunately low beam cutoff is sharp and I'm using legal 35 W bulbs. It's not anywhere near as blinding as my old 55 W HID in stock headlight setup. I adjusted it a little low if there is only rider on. 168 N rear spring helps a bit to keep the bike level when loaded. I hope it's not rising too much but it needs to be tested.

Some crappy light pattern photos if anyone is interested. I'm planning to take proper ones with real camera but these I have now.

Low beam

High with only the lower lamp

High with both lamps on. I had to shorten the shutter speed because the light was too bright. Not good for comparison photos.

High beam lamp has also parking light in it. I put a cheap Chinese LED bulb into it. Just to get some street cred.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #96
620rossco
Full on Yob

Oddometer: 260
My setup arrived as well. Really pleased with it but working so won't be able to fit it until next week. Quality of the screen is great. Combined with 6litre underseat tank,

Good on you Rade
620rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #97
Haggisbasher
n00b

Oddometer: 6
hi Rade,

do you have a screen & lamp mount available? confirm its 90mm hella units that fit the mount & screen?

thanks.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #98
rade OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggisbasher View Post
hi Rade,

do you have a screen & lamp mount available? confirm its 90mm hella units that fit the mount & screen?

thanks.
Hi Hellas are special, but you see above by OO... if you play a bit you can fit in there.
Tricky about Hellas is their screw-thread. I had 3 diferent Hella types and on each was different screw-thread. So it is all about fitting the hellas screws to my Alu bracket. Postion of the screws are all the time the same only the screw-thread.

I am ready to sell: g Rally Screen, Plexi, Alu bracket and electric connector for 189 EUR.

You have to buy your self the Hellas (below are types approved for Europe):
Option 1:
as upper halogen spotlight: Hella 1K0 247 043-007 (1)
to lower whole halogen low beam: Hella 1BL 247 042-007 (1)

Option 2:
to upper position day time light: 2BE 010 102-001
to lower whole bi-xenon: 1AL 009 997-001

few Hellas pix.:

If you are not Hella maniac I have "mine plug & play option":

- High beam is no-name but HID
- Low beam is Trail tech

Total costs for this kit: gRally Screeen, Plexi, Alu bracket, Electric plug and Halogen+HID lights is 299EUR.

Cheers:-)
rade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #99
GJ990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Moved from incorrect thread to where it belongs

Got mine installed at last. Some setbacks, but all’s well that ends well. Ordered from Rade in the Czech Republic but the 1st screen (white fiberglass) got damaged in transit. Rade sent a new one, no charge and I paid for the shipping. Good service from him.

The 2nd screen that made it here is carbon fiber. The bracket fits directly to the OEM light fitting but the wiring and connectors don’t. This is due to the Hella lights here in the US. The H9 has a different connector than on Rade’s wiring harness. No sweat, except I couldn’t find connectors for the H9 either! Simple solution; replaced the bulbs with H11 of which the connectors are common and Bob’s your uncle. Also 55w vs the H9's 65w and since I'm not using a relay this is a good thing.

The H9/H11 need to replace the connectors on the Harness:

The plug that connects to the KTM is correct, just need to move some of the pins to their correct spot. Then connect Blue and Brown/black to high beam, green and brown/black to low beam and white and brown/black to parking (which I did not do).

Here are the European Hellas (1st) with their US counterparts as prescribed by Hella themselves:
247 043-001/007 (EU) = 008191051 (US) high beam, 12V
247 042-007 (EU)= 008193021 (US) low beam, 12V

Positives:

• Well made
• Less buffeting/cleaner air
• Further forward so you don’t hit it when coming down hard
• More space for GPS
• Looks good too
• Better lights!

Negatives:

• Some of the pre-drilled holes don’t line up perfectly
• Blocks my Sunpass transponder. Who new carbon fiber would be different than plexi in this regard?
• Need to change connectors for the lights (no big deal)
Overall very pleased with the screen and would recommend it without hesitation. One last note: The alu bracket is made for European Hellas and I had to make my own brackets to fit the lights which makes it impossible to adjust the lights from the front. For me it will be a manual process. This is not an issue for me personally and I will send Rade a detailed update on what I had to do to make them fit.

Just want to thank BMacW650 for his help also. He assisted me in getting the whole thing wired up. Very helpful, knowledgeable and patient! Awesome dealings with 2 upstanding inmates here.

Here are the pics:

Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #100
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ990 View Post
No sweat, except I couldn’t find connectors for the H9 either!
Pico makes a true H9 connector. Part# 5341. You can buy them on eBay/amazon etc. According to Pico the wiring is ~10.5" long. I've not found anyone else who makes a true H9, if anyone knows of one, especially with longer wiring, LMK. Lots of people sell the "universal ones" that need trimming (and lose polarity key).

http://www.picowiring.com/pdf/Cat-35.pdf

I bought the other kit (that Sheepshagger used) from the Stefan dude in Germany including his bracket which is also designed for the Euro lights. Wonder if I'll have similar issues fitting the US lights. I assumed packaging was generally the same.

crazybrit screwed with this post 02-25-2014 at 02:59 PM
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #101
BMacW650

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
Pico makes a true H9 connector. Part# 5341. You can buy them on eBay/amazon etc. According to Pico the wiring is ~10.5" long. I've not found anyone else who makes a true H9, if anyone knows of one, especially with longer wiring, LMK. Lots of people sell the "universal ones" that need trimming (and lose polarity key).

http://www.picowiring.com/pdf/Cat-35.pdf

I bought the other kit (that Sheepshagger used) from the Stefan dude in Germany including his bracket which is also designed for the Euro lights. Wonder if I'll have similar issues fitting the US lights. I assumed packaging was generally the same.
My local o'reilly and autozone both have H9 connectors with pig tail wires. It's hard to get OEM style connectors with terminals and seals to make your own though.
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #102
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
wow thats sweet pitty that want the stock ktm setup
Old 03-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #103
rade OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
KTM 990 950 rally carbon screen bi-xenon

Finally I finished my gRally screen with 2x chinese (no-name) bi-xenon projector lamps into plug and play kit :-)

The set-up is following: as parking are on only the angel eyes, as low beam only the lower xenon, as high beam both xenons at once... The kit is plug and play... you only mount few screws and plug in the original plug into the original connector :-)

The complete set: screen, alu holder, 2x bi-xenon and plexi is 299EUR. I have few ready for shipment.
rade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #104
tokenboy
Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
I assume this is the pretty one coming my way

Thanks Rade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade View Post
Finally I finished my gRally screen with 2x chinese (no-name) bi-xenon projector lamps into plug and play kit :-)

The set-up is following: as parking are on only the angel eyes, as low beam only the lower xenon, as high beam both xenons at once... The kit is plug and play... you only mount few screws and plug in the original plug into the original connector :-)

The complete set: screen, alu holder, 2x bi-xenon and plexi is 299EUR. I have few ready for shipment.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #105
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,160
When you fire high beam would the top xenon need to heat up?