ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
STFU OP
Found
 
STFU's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: SeaCoast, NH
Oddometer: 390
Tiger 955i exhaust?

Well, I'm rather pleased with my newly acquired 2005 tiger, but... I can't help feeling like I'm riding a sewing machine. Where is the magical triple everyone boasts about? It makes ok power and is pretty smooth, but seems the lack the soul that I crave.

Before I bail out early and hunt for a xb12x, does anyone have sugestions for a good pipe that I can readily find these days that will help wake up the beast inside of this thing?
__________________
Tiger 955i
450 EXC
450 XC-F
XR250R
TR200 FATCAT!
STFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFU View Post
Well, I'm rather pleased with my newly acquired 2005 tiger, but... I can't help feeling like I'm riding a sewing machine. Where is the magical triple everyone boasts about? It makes ok power and is pretty smooth, but seems the lack the soul that I crave.

Before I bail out early and hunt for a xb12x, does anyone have sugestions for a good pipe that I can readily find these days that will help wake up the beast inside of this thing?
They come quiet due to regulations. Put a proper pipe on that thing and you'll never look back....once you go triple
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
GEORGE K
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Gig Harbor, Wa.
Oddometer: 45
955i exhaust

I had a 2006 Tiger 955i. I put the Triumph Off Road exhaust on it and the software load. It became the spectacular, howling, hard accelerating, bike that I came to love...
GEORGE K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE K View Post
I had a 2006 Tiger 955i. I put the Triumph Off Road exhaust on it and the software load. It became the spectacular, howling, hard accelerating, bike that I came to love...
No finer sounding motorcycle engine than a triple, with a good exhaust, being thrashed to within an inch of it's life. Sheer audio heaven....
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 739
My buddy had a Two Brothers carbon fiber slip on sitting in his garage, so I had a connecting pipe made at a muffler shop for $90 and we just slipped it on and it really has a low growl, but not obnoxious. I love it.
My other buddy who rides an 01' just put on a Blue Flame exhaust, and it sounds awesome.
You can find something that will work, you may have to have a pipe made for a slip on though...check with some local muffler shops and see if they can do the work for under $100...
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer
 
lvscrvs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: norcal
Oddometer: 611
you can also modify the stock exhaust to make it like the tor pipe...

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/ind...72545#msg72545
__________________
Ginormous Beasts go to the Eastside

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
lukeman
Cool Hand
 
lukeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC
Oddometer: 436
I'd pick up a used Off Road Pipe if you can find one. I have one on mine right now, sounds great. Not obnoxiously loud, sounds just right.
__________________
┌────────────────────────────────
2010 - DC to Gaspé, QC
2008 - DC to Panamá
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
My buddy had a Two Brothers carbon fiber slip on sitting in his garage, so I had a connecting pipe made at a muffler shop for $90 and we just slipped it on and it really has a low growl, but not obnoxious. I love it.
My other buddy who rides an 01' just put on a Blue Flame exhaust, and it sounds awesome.
You can find something that will work, you may have to have a pipe made for a slip on though...check with some local muffler shops and see if they can do the work for under $100...
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
regg
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
Oddometer: 73
Thunderbike??

Does anyone know anything about the Thunderbike Exhaust from New Zealand?

regg screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 07:33 PM
regg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
STFU OP
Found
 
STFU's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: SeaCoast, NH
Oddometer: 390
That carbon pipe looks good on there, maybe I will go that route. For now, I'm going to tap out the baffle and see what it does for me. Also removed the restrictive plastic piece in the airbox.

Now I just need to get my hands on a cable so I can flash a new map to the ecu.
__________________
Tiger 955i
450 EXC
450 XC-F
XR250R
TR200 FATCAT!
STFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
motoretro
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 488
Not sure if they're still around although "Micron" use to make a very nice sounding exhaust for the Triumph triple. Had one on my 97 Trident as did a friend on his Sprint. Not raspy, just a nice deep, clean sound.
Motoretro
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014