Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
By now I can report that everything went fine so far. It is not easy to get in contact with them by mail, but I guess those guys are simply not "office people" like maybe most of us are - who check their mail more or less continuously every day. So best is to call them.

The money transfer worked after I got the necessary information directly from their bank, but again I don't blame Freedom Cycles for that, 'cause I guess they don't have many customer in Europe who buy a bike in cash (full amount, without a loan).

About a week later they send me a proof of ownership, which I will need to fix insurance.

The last step now is to get them mount new tyres on the bike (which I will of course pay them for), which I got sponsored by German manufacturer Heidenau. I will then be able to start the trip on fresh rubber and hopefully be able to finish it on the same set.

So in summary: sometimes a bit slow, but no really serious problems.

However I will be incredibly glad (and probably be shouting out my happiness!) once I start the engine and ride the bike out of Halifax!
I'm not sure how it works in Nova Scotia, (every province is different) but here you would also need a "safety inspection" slip, to transfer the bike, even if it is new. Some of the guys from out east should be able to tell you...
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Oddometer: 5,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
By now I can report that everything went fine so far. It is not easy to get in contact with them by mail, but I guess those guys are simply not "office people" like maybe most of us are - who check their mail more or less continuously every day. So best is to call them.

The money transfer worked after I got the necessary information directly from their bank, but again I don't blame Freedom Cycles for that, 'cause I guess they don't have many customer in Europe who buy a bike in cash (full amount, without a loan).

About a week later they send me a proof of ownership, which I will need to fix insurance.

The last step now is to get them mount new tyres on the bike (which I will of course pay them for), which I got sponsored by German manufacturer Heidenau. I will then be able to start the trip on fresh rubber and hopefully be able to finish it on the same set.

So in summary: sometimes a bit slow, but no really serious problems.

However I will be incredibly glad (and probably be shouting out my happiness!) once I start the engine and ride the bike out of Halifax!
If you're near lunenburg, and want to check out some sights, drop a pm. My Grandfather was a Swede, A Stendahl from Helsingborg. I'd be happy to show you around, if you're in to some sightseeing, or trails, or whatever.

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
Engineer John
Engineer

Oddometer: 21
NBDSC New Brunswick Dual Sport Club

If you're passing through New Brunswick you could ride with us for a day or two.

We're the New Brunswick Dual Sport Club and we have riders from all over southern NB and some from the North and even Maine.

Have a look at our web site www.nbdsc.ca

There is a big ride planned for June 1st and 2nd in Nackawic NB.

John

Engineer John screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 07:05 PM
Engineer John is offline   Reply With Quote