Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Ozark Vacation Plans: Input Desired

Hi All!

Honey Buns and me are planning our 2013 vacation time. I have three weeks available. We've already reserved the first week of September for a return to Colorado for more dual sporting, along with some steam train indulgence. The plans for this one are going well. That's one week.

I also intend to use one of the weeks in "day trips". That is, watching the weather and hitting a Monday that looks to be a great day to ride/whatever. Tomorrow is my first "day trip" vacation: I'll be dual sport riding all day up in the Poteau Mtn Range.

However, we are looking at taking the third week of October and doing the Ozarks, possibly a short road trip aboard our Pirate Bike as well as some dual sport riding. Neither of us would mind renting a nice cabin in a strategic location and dual sport out of it for a few days. That cabin part is the part that's got us open to suggestions:

We have done the cabin/ride thing on the western side of the Ozarks using Byrd's Camp. I'm fairly familiar with the region around Cass/Oark/etc. However, we wouldn't mind seeing some other portions of the Ozarks, especially those over around where "bohawk" rides/explores. Or what about the Jasper area? Neat stuff up there?

Is there stuff out in the "bohawk" region or Jasper region that's a little more rough than smooth forest roads, but not the degree of off-roading that Honey Buns might not enjoy too much? (For that type of "off roading" think: Mill Creek "Blue Loop" and the like.)

ANY input and online map/resources you can point us toward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

V-man
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,304
get ahold of Chris (ADV Middleagedmissle) and check out his cabin on the white river at calico rock

oh, and tell him I said howdy hi!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Vinduroman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Thanks Doc... that's exactly the kind of input we're looking for!

V-man