ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
hooligan-in-idaho OP
n00b
 
hooligan-in-idaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 9
My new (to me) ride.

Hello all,

I'm pretty new here but have been dying to get into the adventure riding scene for a long time now. I just got this 01 Yamaha XT225 a few days ago and I'm loving it. Even though it's February I'm out riding as much as possible and spending the rest of my time learing about my new ride and planning some cool little day trips for when the weather improves.

The bike has 10k miles on it now and still pulls hard when I want it too (for a 225 anyways ). I'm assuming these little engines will go for a long time with regular maintenance. Can anyone vouch for that?

Anyways, any advice or tips on the bike itself or any possible upgrades would be most appreciated.

Here is a pic of the bike from todays short little jaunt.

hooligan-in-idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 9,511
Nice bike!

Thanks for sharing it.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
dickensheets
smprparatus
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Oddometer: 195
Yep I'm a lover of that little scoot. Go across the country on a 225 and you'll get some nods. Enjoy.
dickensheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Unstable Rider
Beans n brats
 
Unstable Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: 10,000 Lakes
Oddometer: 2,304
Nice slender machine that aint top heavy I bet.

There will always be a use for a bike like that.
__________________
.
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
bomber1965
Duel
 
bomber1965's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan-in-idaho View Post

Anyways, any advice or tips on the bike itself or any possible upgrades would be most appreciated.



Hand guards keep your levers from getting broken and your fingers from getting smashed.
bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
hooligan-in-idaho OP
n00b
 
hooligan-in-idaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
Hand guards keep your levers from getting broken and your fingers from getting smashed.
Exactly. Hand guards are on the top of my list. I've just got to find a set that will work for this bike.
hooligan-in-idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Western Canada Dream
Oddometer: 293
Sweeeeeet !!!. It looks easy to run that unit off road. Little bikes have fun wrote all over them.
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler
 
ThumpnRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Eye Duh Hoe
Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan-in-idaho View Post
Hello all,

I'm pretty new here but have been dying to get into the adventure riding scene for a long time now. I just got this 01 Yamaha XT225 a few days ago and I'm loving it. Even though it's February I'm out riding as much as possible and spending the rest of my time learing about my new ride and planning some cool little day trips for when the weather improves.

The bike has 10k miles on it now and still pulls hard when I want it too (for a 225 anyways ). I'm assuming these little engines will go for a long time with regular maintenance. Can anyone vouch for that?

Anyways, any advice or tips on the bike itself or any possible upgrades would be most appreciated.

Here is a pic of the bike from todays short little jaunt.

Stay in touch if you want to do some trails in the spring. There are several fun trails surrounding Boise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike :With plastic buy two.
'93 XR650L A few stock parts left...
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
hooligan-in-idaho OP
n00b
 
hooligan-in-idaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Stay in touch if you want to do some trails in the spring. There are several fun trails surrounding Boise.
Sounds good. Would be good to ride with someone with more off-road experience. Thanks for the offer!
hooligan-in-idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014