User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
I May Regret This But.....FJR Question

I was looking at a non current FJR1300AE at a local dealer, but decided to pass on it because price was too high. Because of the clutchless feature this model appeals to me after two left hand surgeries. So now I'm the high bidder on another FJRAE on Fleabay. Here is the item number....

So my question is to the collevtive FJR brain trust, how high would you go on this motorcycle. I'm fully aware this post could end up creating unwanted competition, but I'll risk that in favor of pricing/value advice. If I lose this AE there will be others, or possibly something entirely different. So now I push the "Submit New Thread" button.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
The local dealer here last fall had 09 leftovers priced at 11 grand and probably could been gotten for less. Not sure if they were the are models thou.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
For those who don't feel like checking out the auction-2007 FJR1300AE, 1744 miles, mint condition, Corbin, top case.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
______
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
How high would I go? Less than the opening bid.

Before I bought my '09 AE last June, I test rode an '07 AE with 6500 miles for $7500. That bike didn't have the top case, but it had only been on the road for just over a year The eBay bike has been sitting still since '07 or driven an average of 300 miles a year.

If you are dead set on getting the AE (I love mine), I would suggest an '08 or '09. They have a little better throttle cam for smoother operation and less hand stress.

My understanding is Yamaha auctioned a bunch of unsold '09 AE's to dealers early last year. Some dealers have those bike sitting on the floor for around $11,500

I would do it over again in a heartbeat, and I have no medical problem which impacts my use of a clutch.