ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #196
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,310
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #197
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Ahh, you guys suck! This looks fun. I can never resist a hillclimb challenge. I probably wouldn't be invited cause I suck at hillclimbs. That one looks like 4th gear with a road jump near the top. I would be begging but I have appointments on Fri & Sat. Take video
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #198
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post

you piute ben?
Its a different Ben, I just wanted to chime Have not seen puite ben for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

RIDE ON!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #199
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Its a different Ben, I just wanted to chime Have not seen puite ben for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

RIDE ON!
Sean, are you coming? Or house thing going on still?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #200
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,975
Cool2

What kind of oil should I run for a hillclimb?

I'ma gona try baby oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?

theGrinch screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 08:21 PM
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #201
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Sean, are you coming? Or house thing going on still?
Family coming in from S.A., Uruguay. My plate is full for the next week, you can catch me @ all the popular tourist spots this coming weekend hoping scott can put another secret ride together soon Whats with all the drama queens btw?

RIDE ON!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #202
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Whats with all the drama queens btw?

RIDE ON!
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #203
mr. thumbs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excndez View Post
then riding an enduro Sunday
TWMC??? I think you met my buddy Brian on a plan and told him about this club. Unbeknownst to him I was the the VPa few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excndez View Post
Not my first rodeo chief!!

There were a couple of ole boys that would arrange Piute rides and take newbs out and punish and demoralize them. I think they were donkey and tigger, or eyore and winnie, something like that. We had some fun with them one day when they tried to give us the "treatment". I thought we were gonna see a grown man cry.
Do you know Kiwi, the mouth, Endoquest, the german a or mr. lucky??
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #204
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. thumbs View Post
TWMC??? I think you met my buddy Brian on a plan and told him about this club. Unbeknown st to him I was the the VPa few years ago.

Do you know Kiwi, the mouth, Endoquest, the German a or Mr. lucky??
Don't forget The Bombardier, his bro The Worm, pork chop and the infamous Bonehead!

Aw what debauchery that we used to have....a little excerpt from one of our annual jawbone Spanksgiving fest.
Brought to you by Endoquest!!

Jawbone Spanksgiving 2004
Dateline: Jawbone Canyon, California. November 21st, 2004

Cut to the chase: I am with a dozen riders heading to the Piaute Mountains on a cold and overcast desert morning. A twenty-mile dusty road ride with gallons of gas strapped to our sides brings us to the southern tip of the Sierra Nevada range.
We top off the tanks and head up into the trees and steep hills that form the transition between desert and mountain.
Our dubious ride leader, a.k.a. The Bombardier, knows the area fairly well and has a plan. It’s his usual plan, take a bunch of guys out and try as hard as possible to punish them, without mercy. Whooppee!
Most of our group are very experienced riders and don’t have too many problems but, as the day progresses, the speed average drops significantly and the drops-of-sweat-per-minute average increases significantly.
By 11:00 the first flakes of snow become apparent. “Oh, how nice” I says The Worm as he bulldogs his bike down a cliff. “Quite right” I concur.
The hours go by as we brave the plummeting temperatures, increasing snow and exceedingly gnarly terrain. Some of the hills are very difficult and require “outside assistance” and lots of pushing. Whooppee!
By 3:00 one of our flock has gone missing, fuel is getting low and we’re still heading away from camp. Hmmm. The first inklings of impending doom are brought to mind.
A good friend of mine, who happens to be visiting from New Zealand (I’ll just call him “Tim”) is on a borrowed CR500AF with very little fuel left. The very last hillclimb out of a long canyon has proven impossible to a few of our riders and we decide to break off from the group and backtrack through the long canyon.
Its 4:30, getting dark and the snow has already covered our own tracks. I assemble the last of the riders and head down to the bottom of the canyon only to find Tim’s bike, sans rider, and footprints in the snow leading up the creek side trail.
Due to a freakish and cruel twist of fate, the light on my KTM has become very dim so the need to get out of the canyon becomes, ah, shall we say, quite pressing. Oh, and the other two bikes don’t have lights either.
After half a mile or so I find Tim, walking up the steep-walled canyon, very happy to see us. We confirm that the best course of action is to leave the bike and ride out, two-up, and get to a road and hopefully find the rest of the group to lead us homeward. We were still 30 miles from camp.
A quick note about riding two-up: It’s bad enough if you’re on level ground in the daylight and fine weather. Unfortunately I have neither of these luxuries and the extremely uncomfortable position forced upon both of us leads to further misadventures. Whooppee!
At certain points of the canyon trail the snow is a foot deep and the crashing begins. With twice the normal payload, the KTM wallows in the snowy turns and forces Tim to “dismount” on a regular basis. Finally, we get to the top of the long canyon trail and hit the relative comfort of the dirt road (covered with snow and ice, of course).
It’s now dark and still snowing and apparently the battery on the KTM is not charging at all, hence the complete lack of light at this time. Whooppee!
We round a few turns and are delighted to see the orange light of a small fire in the distance and make haste to its source. In an unusual act of kindness, my “friends” have waited for us. Whooppee!
There, in the cold, wintery heights of the Piute Mountains, elevation in the 7 to 8 thousands of feet, we begin our long journey home. It was about 25 degrees and all of us were in full “survival mode”. Don’t do anything stupid. Don’t run out of gas. Don’t crash too many times.
Since I was without light, I had to “mooch” a beam from another good friend, Mr. Sweatpea.
Within a few minutes my hands were completely numb and my legs had begun to cramp. One of the worst facets of riding two-up is the fact that you cannot stand up. At certain points I simply have to stop and straighten my legs, which hurts even more. Whooppee!
The road is deceiving. Although covered with fresh snow most of the time, there are sections that are completely icy underneath. The result is immediately obvious as we two-wheel slide or crash. At one point I manage to take out both the Worm and Sweetpea in the same crash. This is truly pathetic, I thought to myself. But an adventure nonetheless! Whooppee!
Bombardier finds a “shortcut” that puts us back onto trail. The agonizing continues but we are finally descending. An hour later and we arrive at camp and our “stray” rider is present.
And to think, this is just my first day of Spanksgiving Week and I have seven more! Whooppee!
The next day Tim and I spend 5 hours driving as far as we could, riding two-up down to the thirsty CR500, riding back out and driving back. Life is good, huh?
I’ll tell you about the rest later. Cheers.

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #205
mr. thumbs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,006
^^^^^^^^
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #206
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,922
Braaap Bros and the Banned Brothers frolick in the hills for a snowy gangbang

RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #207
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Your such a tease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
Braaap Bros and the Banned Brothers frolick in the hills for a snowy gangbang

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #208
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Charles your vids always make me wanna riiiiide! Yeah!!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #209
HAPPYTRAILSINC OP
single track rider

Oddometer: 1,003
I always hear javi in my mind when we start down some of those hills " dont go down anything u cant get back up"!!! he used to tell me
ive heard of the stories of peeps being stuck out there overnight, its a deciving place, it can be clear on one side and snowing and cold over the next ridge

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #210
HAPPYTRAILSINC OP
single track rider

Oddometer: 1,003
found a better hill to challenge all of u since u think my hill is too easy
http://youtu.be/p6CSb5HbwAc

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote