Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #46
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Slammer View Post
Spent 4 days camping with night time temps around 20 degrees. The trailer was great. We used a small electric heater all night long and we used the Mr Buddy heater to warm things up initially when we got back to camp and in the morning. Worked great.

Did a little shopping today...

An electric blanket for the boys when we're at a campground plugged in and I want to keep the guys a little warmer. They said they were fine, but I was still a bit concerned.

A folding dinette bench/bed from blazinbelltech. A bit pricey (especially the shipping), but should work well. Also got a table pole with two base mounts. I'll probably make my own table top.

An aluminum storage cabinet for above the window from neo storage solutions.

An AC/DC TV/DVD combo and mount from TVformyRV.

Still researching where to buy some LED bulbs. The trailer has 5 lights each with 2 bulbs for a total of 10 bulbs. They are 921s. Any good leads on where to buy them; radio shack?

I'll post some pics as it comes in and I get the chance to install everything.
LED'S

http://www.superbrightleds.com/
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #47
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
That is one hell of a lot of choices. How do I know which one to pick? Seriously, I did a quick search for the bulb number (921) and 17 different bulbs showed up...

I guess I need a 360 degree? Is one bulb that much better?

PA Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #48
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
That is one hell of a lot of choices. How do I know which one to pick? Seriously, I did a quick search for the bulb number (921) and 17 different bulbs showed up...

I guess I need a 360 degree? Is one bulb that much better?

If the light has to shine all around I'd pick WLED-xHP15-TAC

I'd call them and explain what you are doing and get their suggestion.

I can say my dash LES lights are great except for the high beam is way brighter than I expected but I'll live with them v/s the old lamps.

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #49
sailer
trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer: 796
I just bought my 1st toyhauler last year got a 30 ft XLR. she loves it but it is way to big and it is like towing a house.

as soon as I have a chance want to trade it for either the 18 or 22 VRV.

saw one at a RV show and look really soild and well built.

now that you had a chance to use it, what do you think of it ?

as far as a suggestion of what you you might want is out door shower.

basicilly just black (so it will heat water ) badder bags on the roof with shower head and a on/off spring value on a pull line.

it work well on the boats, back in the day
Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #50
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

Got my TV/DVD combo installed...

PA Slammer

PA Slammer screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 09:46 AM
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

Whats the deal with using tapatalk?

So on my phone I go to the full site of SMUGMUG copy image URL.

I come here using Tapatalk, hit the link button and try "insert URL" and "insert image link" and neither will show the pic. One simply gives the link for you to go to. The other is a broke image inserted. What do I need to do to use my phone via tapatalk and update posts with images?

PA Slammer
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #52
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
I know it's not that big a deal, but...

My guess with three young boys, the bathroom carpet will get hosed down more than the garage part!
Nice...

As far as the bathroom goes, it's your choice, but Any flooring store (i.e., their dumpster) should have a small scrap piece of thick vinyl flooring- easy to cut around the toilet and much easier to keep clean... That will insulate as well if not better than the outdoor carpet.

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #53
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,686
Quote:
Whats the deal with using tapatalk?

So on my phone I go to the full site of SMUGMUG copy image URL.

I come here using Tapatalk, hit the link button and try "insert URL" and "insert image link" and neither will show the pic. One simply gives the link for you to go to. The other is a broke image inserted. What do I need to do to use my phone via tapatalk and update posts with images?

PA Slammer
reply > select the gear looking thing > image Link (not url link)
at least on an iphone
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #54
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

THIS MAY BE FOR YOU SMUGMUG EXPERTS...

this one is from my phone, I was able to "copy link URL" and used "insert URL" while in tapatalk
http://paslammer.smugmug.com/Cars/To...2913&k=pJ2WHXq

this one is from my phone, I was able to "copy link URL" and used "insert image link" while in tapatalk

The issue seems to be in SMUGMUG while on my phone. I CAN NOT "copy image URL". I can only "save link", "copy link URL", "Save image" or "view image"

the below insert is from my laptop and from smugmug I was able to "copy image URL" and then I used the little mountain and sun icon to insert...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #55
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

PA Slammer
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #56
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

Well... I had to take apart the side walls to see what I would have to drill into and found that Livin Lite VRV is just like every other RV and trailer dealer in America... shitty. Do these people really think that this stuff will go over looked? Check the following pics. An entire 16 inch section from floor to ceiling had NO insulation in it, neither did the area around the plug and the rest was fitted like crap!

I called and discussed this with them. They said they would reimburse me for any insulation I would buy... Seriously? It'll cost me probably $20-$30 in insulation. However, I'm now going to have to rip apart the rest of the walls to make sure the insulation is correct. That'll cost me tons of time! What a piece of... Companies with this type of shotty workmanship should be strung up.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #57
Les Peterson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
And this is why I will be building my next RV if I ever get to that point. I also bought what I thought was a "quality" trailer and was wrong as well. At least your walls are welded up. My frame wasn't up under the belly liner. It was just tack welded and forgotton. Thank god I found that before taking it off road.
Insulation is cheap but they should also pay for your labor. Either that or buy it back. The last thing they need is someone bad mouthing them on the internets.

Quote:
Well... I had to take apart the side walls to see what I would have to drill into and found that Livin Lite VRV is just like every other RV and trailer dealer in America... shitty. Do these people really think that this stuff will go over looked? Check the following pics. An entire 16 inch section from floor to ceiling had NO insulation in it, neither did the area around the plug and the rest was fitted like crap!

I called and discussed this with them. They said they would reimburse me for any insulation I would buy... Seriously? It'll cost me probably $20-$30 in insulation. However, I'm now going to have to rip apart the rest of the walls to make sure the insulation is correct. That'll cost me tons of time! What a piece of... Companies with this type of shotty workmanship should be strung up.
Les Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #58
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

I truly don't understand why someone would risk their business on issues like this. Build it right, sell it for a fair price. It's an easy business model.

PA Slammer
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #59
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,302
I totally agree PA, You saw some of the TERRIBLE workmanship on my trailer from Haulmark which is a national company and some of the things they did were just plain poor workmanship, not to hijack the thread or turn it political but it is why this country is failing. I tell my son over and over again if you are not giving 110% you are not doing what I expect of you. It's a shame just a shame...
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #60
dwayne
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,139
While you are in there, it might be worthwhile to create a thermal break at the "studs" to whatever interior panel you are using interface.

Aluminum is HIGHLY thermally conductive.

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: