Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
markusarealuis OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
2013 Husqvarna Te 449 owners thread - At least post up your photos of new ownership?

I am a noob; but I have looked on here for this particular model owners post and could not find one related to the 2013 Husky. I hope others have recently bought this specific model and can use this posting to list their reviews or suggestions.

I would like to make some power changes but I do not know exactly where to start. I have tried CafeHusky and have registered; but haven't been granted access yet.

Anyways; I like AdvRider site much better for navigation and the broad spectrum of knowledge. Plus, I am sure I will get an unbias review(s) from you guys concerning the the Husky. Here is mine! She's beaut! I love it thus far (2 miles on it....lol)

markusarealuis screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 10:34 AM
markusarealuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Jim patton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Probably

Be better off at cafe husky, I have a 2012 TE511 and I have found a great
Wealth of knowledge and help there. The huskys are not found in the numbers
Of the other brands, the husky guys really know what's up with these bikes.
Mine runs and handles great. Mine is powered up, with FMF quietcore 4
can, and the open exhaust map. Throttle only wheelies in first three gears,
Wonderful woods bike, and TT track. Grease everything, change oil often,
Maintenance it like a race bike and it seems that they are very reliable....
I only ride mine on 2 lane and trails, not so great on the highway, unless
You gear it up, seat sucks, but seat concepts seat is really nice...
Hope you like it, they are special bikes....
Jim patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,160
What kind of power changes are you looking for? A good muffler or complete pipe combo, Power Commander V and custom tune is a good place to start.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
markusarealuis OP
Adventurer

changes

I have bought the FMF Q4 pipe with power commander V programmer and it will be here next Wednesday; along with an ignition switch. I was surprised the bike didn't come with it when I bought it. Oh well, still love the way it handles. It is super high for me and I have yet to get used to saddling up. I wonder how I will mount this beast after an unplanned getoff....lol; currently I have to step onto the footpeg and launch myself over the saddle. Once perched upon the sexy redheaded beast i have to tip toe and forget about trying to back her up while seated...lol I will adjust...

markusarealuis screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 10:18 AM
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
baybueller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I am picking one up this Saturday. New to Husky so I hope this thread goes well. Its a 511 but close enough.
baybueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
baybueller
Gnarly Adventurer

just got the 13 511 home and I see this thread is not going well. I hope threads on earlier models is close enough.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
baybueller
Gnarly Adventurer

I hear there is a good Husky owners site. Any reference?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
chevmekanik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
cafehusky is the place to be, adv is great for general riding info
chevmekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
baybueller
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
blaster11
Enabler

Oddometer: 6,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post
I am a noob; but I have looked on here for this particular model owners post and could not find one related to the 2013 Husky. I hope others have recently bought this specific model and can use this posting to list their reviews or suggestions.

I would like to make some power changes but I do not know exactly where to start. I have tried CafeHusky and have registered; but haven't been granted access yet.

Anyways; I like AdvRider site much better for navigation and the broad spectrum of knowledge. Plus, I am sure I will get an unbias review(s) from you guys concerning the the Husky. Here is mine! She's beaut! I love it thus far (2 miles on it....lol)

The rear fender mod looks good what parts did you use? I gotta get rid of that butt ugly license plate holder and turn signal setup......

blaster11 screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 03:32 PM
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
markusarealuis OP
Adventurer

it seems to me not many people use this bike as an adventure bike; it may be more dirt oriented. I have joined the Cafe Husky site; and generally asked questions and commented regarding the lack of power in stock form. This was not well received and I doubt I will return much to that site. There are lots of brand loyal people with this particular bike. The site is neat and provides lots of useful information; but I would seek additional reviews of the bike before purchase.

The bike will serve its purpose for now; and I am happy with it. I have never bought a brand new bike before and wish there would have been some unbiased reviews before I bought it. However, I have not fully explored the necessary modifications to get it to run as strong as a DRZ400e.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
blaster11
Enabler

Oddometer: 6,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
The rear fender mod looks good what parts did you use? I gotta get rid of that butt ugly license plate holder and turn signal setup......
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post

it seems to me not many people use this bike as an adventure bike; it may be more dirt oriented. I have joined the Cafe Husky site; and generally asked questions and commented regarding the lack of power in stock form. This was not well received and I doubt I will return much to that site. There are lots of brand loyal people with this particular bike. The site is neat and provides lots of useful information; but I would seek additional reviews of the bike before purchase.

The bike will serve its purpose for now; and I am happy with it. I have never bought a brand new bike before and wish there would have been some unbiased reviews before I bought it. However, I have not fully explored the necessary modifications to get it to run as strong as a DRZ400e.
I would still like to know what parts you used for the rear fender mod. About your comment on using it as an adventure bike....that's exactly what my plan is, watch for my Adventurizing my 511 in the coming weeks.
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
markusarealuis OP
Adventurer

rear parts

I used some small rear LED lights $19.99 at the local bike shop. The fender I simply removed with old turn signals still attached and used the little tail piece that is under the huge whale tail once removed. I then drilled some 1/2 inch holes in the side of the little tail piece that remained and connected the new smaller turn signals. The license plate light I bought the bolt LED white lights at the same local shop $15.99 and drilled holes through the license plate and little tail piece remaining. Bingo, instant much cleaner look :). It's very easy to do and it looks really sharp now. Also no more chance of breaking off during off-roading :)

I am glad to here you are going to "Adventurize" your 511. They are such beautiful bikes; and I really do enjoy riding mine. I see you are an Iron Butt holder; that's pretty cool. I have always wanted to give that a shot. I have done 1,000 in less than 24 hours but I didn't document it and it wasn't much fun. To tell the truth I like to ride a bit slower and enjoy uncharted territory (or at least think I am exploring new ground).

markusarealuis screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 08:58 AM
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
markusarealuis OP
Adventurer

Rack bling....

Here is a rack that I will install on my Husky this evening -- getting ready for the Colorado trip Feel free to critique it; i am new to CNC machining lol...I love it....but I am tough skinned so go ahead and make some constructive inputs :)
Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,504
I have a 2012 TXC 511. I had a 2011 TXC449 which I did not end up having the best experience with and yadda yadda a 2012 TXC magically appeared in my garage. So far the new bike has been flawless.

Mine has tons of power, almost too much for the riding I do. I love the suspension, mine has the CC forks so the tip about removing 20cc of fluid from each fork leg might not apply. My suspension was almost unrideable when I first got the bike. I spoke to a factory mechanic and he recommended taking the fluid out and replacing it with 5wt and dropping the air chamber as I said 20cc. Totally transformed the forks. They are better than anything else I have ridden.

My bike has the factory Akropovic titanium pipe and that's it. I had the JD tuner on it but didn't notice any difference. I got into some drag races with a few big bikes and the only bike that beat me on the top end was a TE610 and that was only at around 95 mph and I just ran out of legs. I held my own against a KTM 500EXC ridden by a ex pro MXer and I'm easily 50 lbs heavier and not a pro anything

The bike is really tall but you get used to it.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote