Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
MitchG
Iron Collector

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmt View Post
I live under 10 minutes away from Argyll and in the last 18 months I have bought two bikes from the brands they sell - both of them I ended up buying over the phone from Vancouver dealerships for a reason.

Will I buy a bike there: NO
Will I buy parts there: NO
Will I have stuff serviced or repaired there (either under warranty or at my cost): NO

I will occasionally stop in on my way by and perhaps buy some fluids or bar straps but that dealership is as greasy as they come IMO and I would go to Kelowna before I went to Argyll for service.
Funny...I've never heard Argyll talked about like that although from my experiance I'd have to agree. I purchased 2 bikes from them, but the third came from Kelowna for a reason. Almost impossible to book service last summer so they must have a large client base. HD has their pirates, BMW has their Starbucks Boys, but what do you call Ducati posers?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
wos
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
I went into Arggh-yl with a female coworker a few years back. She was in the market for a new bike and new exactly what she wanted. The salesman kept turning to talk to me and being very patronizing to her. I had to walk away and eventually he was unwilling to talk about getting the bike she wanted out of the pile so she could sit on it. The japanese bikes are stacked in so tight you can't see much more than the headlights on em. Eventually she took her cash sale to GW cycle in Calgary. They set up shipping with a friend of hers and they even threw $2000 worth of gear for her to try on.
There business mentality has lead me to talk 3 people out of buying Ducati's.
wos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
Labrador Louis
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Duc Tales

I had an ST3 that I just loved. After I had it brutalized by Argyll, I took it to Sport Cycle. The service went OK, but they put my wheels on with an impact gun which eventually caused an axle failure, and a ride home in my Pick Me Up Truck.

I loved that bike, but I couldn't find anyone to do the specific service that I couldn't do myself. I traded it for a Dakar, that I can wrench on. But I sure miss that bike.

Motorcycle love is tough. (Kind of like Hockey Love if you're an Oiler fan!)
Labrador Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
xcountry41
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
ya but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrador Louis View Post
I had an ST3 that I just loved. After I had it brutalized by Argyll, I took it to Sport Cycle. The service went OK, but they put my wheels on with an impact gun which eventually caused an axle failure, and a ride home in my Pick Me Up Truck.

I loved that bike, but I couldn't find anyone to do the specific service that I couldn't do myself. I traded it for a Dakar, that I can wrench on. But I sure miss that bike.

Motorcycle love is tough. (Kind of like Hockey Love if you're an Oiler fan!)
If you're true you find a way!!,(to keep lovin the oilers that is!)
I've vever stepped foot in Argyll but I take it they are Edmonton's version of Blackfoot, reputation wise. Back in my day it wasn't to complicated in Edmonton There were a couple of good family owned Icons like United cycle,Scona cycle,and Alberta cycle ,a couple of niche type enthusiast shops like Western motocross,and a cool Ossa shop in Beverly that I can't remember the name of. I bought my Tiger from Echo cycle and so far am pretty happy for the most part with them. who else in Edmonton and Calgary have good solid reputations? I've been out of the loop for 25 years.
xcountry41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #20
desmodab OP
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 243
I called Aargh-yll yesterday and finally made appointment. I first tried their online service booking page on their website. On Wednesday I entered all my information and submitted it, then later in the day I got an error message saying that it had "failed". I forwarded that message to "service@argyllmotorsports.com" and "sales@argyllmotorsports.com" on Thursday and got no response at all. After 3 days of trying "electronically" I finally called them. I spoke to a guy in service (who shall remain unnamed, for now) and he clearly could not have given a shit less. He seemed bothered and slightly annoyed that I was trying to get a Ducati serviced. I explained that the dealer was closed here and I would have to ride it up from Calgary and that my plan was to do this Friday after work so they could service the bike on Saturday for me. He outright and bluntly rejected that and commented "we don't have the Ducati tech in here all the time and especially not in weekends so that's not gonna happen".

So all in all I am concerned. I LOVE this bike but so far the Ducati service experience has completely sucked. I heard they are close to signing another dealer in Calgary, maybe that will help. I am moving to Victoria in a few months so I guess I'll have to start all over again out there. I know they just opened a big new dealer in Richmond outside Vancouver and there is a small dealer in Victoria itself so hopefully one of those works out for me, but hope the improve the Alberta situation for the rest.

I'll post how the Argyll service goes once it's done.

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,385
How dare you try to book an appointment in a manner that is convenient for you! You obviously don't understand the motorcycle business. :screwy:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
..... I am moving to Victoria in a few months so I guess I'll have to start all over again out there. I know they just opened a big new dealer in Richmond outside Vancouver and there is a small dealer in Victoria itself so hopefully one of those works out for me, but hope the improve the Alberta situation for the rest.DD
The dealer in Victoria is great. Savage Cycle. Small is sometimes better.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
desmodab OP
Oversized Canuck

Cool - thanks deuce, that's great to hear.

Canoehead- aren't you supposed to be in Hawaii or something??
Old 04-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #24
Kayne
n00b

Oddometer: 2
new Calgary Ducati dealer is Bow Cycle North (just off highway 1 and Bowfort Road on west side of town)

http://www.bowcyclecalgary.com/
Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #25
desmodab OP
Oversized Canuck

Great news, those guys are good. Thx for the update Kayne

DD
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #26
Gener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Hope the new dealer works out

I bought my multistrada from Ducati Calgary; they seemed great at the time. Too bad it didn't pan out, but hopefully the new shop will get their deal done and be able to provide warrantee and recall service. What happened to the servicing staff from Pegasus Rd?

I hauled my bike to the Netherlands for a four year work assignment. I now have a dealer about 25 minutes away. Unfortunatly I've only managed to rack up a couple thousand kms here (so far)
Gener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
desmodab OP
Oversized Canuck

This thread is a bit stale but just to close it off, I had my 12k service done at Bow Cycle. They moved are now just off Hwy 1 right across from COP and I thought they were great. The mechanic is Jason from Ducati Calgary and he remembered me. I had no trouble getting the bike in, they were courteous, professional and did good work. Prices were reasonable, if not a bit less than Ducati Calgary too so all in all I am quite happy. Of course now that we have a good dealer here I have decided to move to Victoria!

Anyhow, hope it works out for the rest of you guys - cheers, DD