ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #76
fuhgawee
Thats a road?
 
fuhgawee's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kansas City
Oddometer: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFarmer View Post
The real dilemma.

You guys will find every sand trap within a 100 miles.
Dont you know it
fuhgawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #77
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Updated the first post with more map info....for the map nerds (me).
Nebraska Map By County
Click on the county you want (Knox, Boyd and Holt is where we will be for FF), and it has every road on it, including the "primitive roads" we might end up on.
Just a quick FYI; these look like the same maps I got from NDOT for planning some time ago. Many of them are over 20 years old. Roads and bridges that are shown as open on the map, may no longer be. DAMHIK.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #78
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother
 
DirtFarmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Just a quick FYI; these look like the same maps I got from NDOT for planning some time ago. Many of them are over 20 years old. Roads and bridges that are shown as open on the map, may no longer be. DAMHIK.
Here is a more up to date one for Kansas that covers more practical concerns;



I got to quit posting in this thread, but it is the best thing going right now.

.
__________________
Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast. - Rooster Cogburn
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #79
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFarmer View Post
Here is a more up to date one for Kansas that covers more practical concerns;
You should figure the shortest possible no-pavement route that manages to nail down saloon stops in all of the wettest counties.

If you build it, they will come.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #80
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,590
I didn't know KS was that bad about booze! I knew there were some rules like Sunday off sale and stuff....but DRY COUNTIES :what:

Nebraska really is the good life

The maps do require some cross referencing with Google earth. Same as the ibycus maps I'm using on garmin basecrap. I need someone to show me how to make routes on that crap...because its got to be easier than I am making it.

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
__________________
Undertake what’s easy as if it were hard, and what’s hard as if it were easy. -Baltasar Gracian
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #81
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,590
So, I like to try and plan for a nifty lunch spot for the Saturday ride....

In looking at the map, and doing a bit of googlefoo, I think Monowi Tavern might be a winner! I will need to call ahead for sure, and give THE resident/mayor/tavern owner a heads up (warning) that we will be there. With a population of 1, I would think a group of 15+ dirty motorcycle idiots might be a bit of a surprise.

I have NO idea if she will be open, or what food might be available, but that is the plan at this point.

The route for us to be there will depend on weather, and what time we get on the road. Doing the South loop of the Verdigre DS route, and then heading up there is doable, but we won't be slacking it like last year, taking breaks just for the hell of it. I recall the heat was a bit of a factor though. Plenty of backup plans, like, eat the slowest rider for lunch...and some other ideas that are less appetizing.
__________________
Undertake what’s easy as if it were hard, and what’s hard as if it were easy. -Baltasar Gracian
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #82
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother
 
DirtFarmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I think Monowi Tavern might be a winner!


__________________
Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast. - Rooster Cogburn
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #83
fuhgawee
Thats a road?
 
fuhgawee's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kansas City
Oddometer: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
You should figure the shortest possible no-pavement route that manages to nail down saloon stops in all of the wettest counties.
In that case DF and I will be late. We'd proaly wind up popping out in western Wyoming . Make for a good RR.
fuhgawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #84
autolycos
True vulgarian
 
autolycos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Oddometer: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I didn't know KS was that bad about booze! I knew there were some rules like Sunday off sale and stuff....but DRY COUNTIES :what:

Nebraska really is the good life

The maps do require some cross referencing with Google earth. Same as the ibycus maps I'm using on garmin basecrap. I need someone to show me how to make routes on that crap...because its got to be easier than I am making it.

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
I can help with that.
autolycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #85
autolycos
True vulgarian
 
autolycos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Oddometer: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
So, I like to try and plan for a nifty lunch spot for the Saturday ride....

In looking at the map, and doing a bit of googlefoo, I think Monowi Tavern might be a winner!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxBUfZklvo Larry the Cable Guy seems to think that place is infested with bombs.
autolycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #86
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie
 
zoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Where the N stands for Nowledge
Oddometer: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Plenty of backup plans, like, eat the slowest rider for lunch...and some other ideas that are less appetizing.

Umm, I think that was me last year. And yeah, that doesn't sound too appetizing (least ways to me}.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #87
fifthcircle OP
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Umm, I think that was me last year. And yeah, that doesn't sound too appetizing (least ways to me}.
__________________
Undertake what’s easy as if it were hard, and what’s hard as if it were easy. -Baltasar Gracian
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #88
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass
 
Tallboy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: out past the west forty
Oddometer: 12,387
on the way to SHOT 1.0, RIP.



OG
__________________
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #89
crashman44b
Gnarly Adventurer
 
crashman44b's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Cornhusker State
Oddometer: 216
This is the last year that Im putting fifth fest off. I cant stand these pictures of beer,red meat and sand anymore.
crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 AM   #90
mikeegee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, and I most definitely know why.
Oddometer: 296
I'm hoping to be in, sequestration permitting of course.
__________________
meh
mikeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014