ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,789
dumbass,, you missed the part where I said,,"we miss you",,that was the only part that made sense,, Oh,, and,, the 'big lug' part too,, love ya Mikey!
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #32
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chip Seal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Western Orygun
Oddometer: 1,782
St Paddy's Day

OR Mike indicates Vincent Creek is now gated.
If that prevents us from access, we will be just down the road a mile or two. There is a campground just before Smith River Falls, going west from Vincent Creek.

We will appropriate a space there if access is denied at Vincent Creek. Not a big deal.
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
tblume
deus ex machina
 
tblume's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: 541
Oddometer: 1,643
Hiya Mike- your're welcome to any of the bikes in my garage for this ride: I'll be driving down with the kids...

'93 DR 650 with 606's or 99' KLR with Shinko AT copies

G's 640 is in there too...
__________________
Stoichiometric
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
oremike
Motorcyclest
 
oremike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Creswell, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,343
Thanks Tim, I'll pass on the loaner bike this time, but as Sunday is my commute day I could possibly pass thru there on my way back to the coast in my pick-um-up truck. If so I'll bring firewood.
__________________
Mike M.
Creswell, Oregon
'14 KLR 650

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #35
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,789
really good to see your smile again Mikey. working outdoors must agree with you, you look healthy!
Hope Lucille didn't stress Barney too much ,,,OMG,,ITSA PUPPY AND IT'S TWICE AS BIG AS ME!,,,AND IT WANTS TO PLAY!
Give her about 4 more years,,she'll be a nice dog.


Hey,Chip,,, since itsa st pattys dealy,,do I hafta wear green,,or am I okay just smokin' some? I know,,green bottles,,that works!
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
oremike
Motorcyclest
 
oremike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Creswell, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
really good to see your smile again Mikey. working outdoors must agree with you, you look healthy!
Hope Lucille didn't stress Barney too much ,,,OMG,,ITSA PUPPY AND IT'S TWICE AS BIG AS ME!,,,AND IT WANTS TO PLAY!
Give her about 4 more years,,she'll be a nice dog.
Thanks Peterman I feel good, glad to know it shows. Lucille is a sweetheart, Barney needs to be reminded once in a while that he's not the only dog in the world.
__________________
Mike M.
Creswell, Oregon
'14 KLR 650

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #37
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,789
she's pure german shepherd,

she's a bitch, she's just a year old, and she does not have an "off" switch.

and she doesn't have me to trick her ass into shape except for brief visits.
Her mom's too soft ,,they vie for alpha,,waste of time,,2 bitches living together,,one must learn,,prolly the human,,,,Gawd, I hope!,,
She will be starting dog skool pretty soon. the heeling free classes,,I have some faith in success.
I will never train another one,, other than to open a door or roll down a window in a car for safety reasons. LostJohn could give us all some input.
I like dogs. can't bring myself to get another one until i resolve myself. I really miss my boy Roy,,everthang that was ever wrong with a frikken dog,,what's not to love,,
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #38
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant
 
oldmonkeybut's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Western Rain county, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Seal View Post
OR Mike indicates Vincent Creek is now gated.
If that prevents us from access, we will be just down the road a mile or two. There is a campground just before Smith River Falls, going west from Vincent Creek.

We will appropriate a space there if access is denied at Vincent Creek. Not a big deal.
OreMike was correct. Not only is there a new big ass shiny gate across the driveway. There is a new sign that says "PARK CLOSED". My neighbor and I rode off the backside of Roman Nose today and checked out the park. The park looks good, like it is being cared for. The new gate has a corresponding post/latch setup for locking the gate open. My take on the situation is this is a seasonal closure probably put in place to keep lowlifes from living there and trashing the place. All of the roads out there are in really good shape with the exception of Esmond Creek road. It has a huge layer of debris, a lot of moss and quite a few trees in the traffic lane. Did I say Esmond Creek road was SLICK...well it was!!! The road from the top of Roman Nose down West Fork has seen some recent work and appeared to have been swept....issaverynice!

I was gonna bring back a big glossy picture of the new gate and post it here for all to see.....that was a great idea all except for the fact I left the camera at the house......
__________________
In a pool of Children s Tears
oldmonkeybut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #39
pHelix
Eternal n00b
 
pHelix's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Socialist Nirvana, Orygun
Oddometer: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
I was gonna bring back a big glossy picture of the new gate and post it here for all to see.....that was a great idea all except for the fact I left the camera at the house......
Time for this smart man to get hisself a phone.


I mean, time for this man to get a smart phone!

__________________
Kevin
just beneath the surface of the mud, there's more mud here... Surprise.

'07 R1200GS, '03 DR-Z400
pHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #40
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant
 
oldmonkeybut's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Western Rain county, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Duck View Post
Time for this smart man to get hisself a phone.


I mean, time for this man to get a smart phone!

I have a phone...it makes phone calls. Sometimes it even takes a message for me. It has the same problem the camera does. A large percentage of the time it forgets to come along with me. If I had a smart phone I wouldn't get anything done
__________________
In a pool of Children s Tears
oldmonkeybut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #41
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,789
call in, call out only,,

I always carry my little cell device,,I just never turn it on.
who ya gonna call?
I lived a fair bit so far without being connected 24/7,, I still write letters just to keep the postal workers employed.
i pads, and such,, too much monthly money, too much attention required, too much a frikken distraction,,i'm going for a ride. I'll take my $9.99 tracfone along with me,,but you can't call me even if you do have the secret number cuz the danged thing ain't turnt on. good night.
I prefer notes wrapped around arrows, (flaming arrows if you really want to get your point across!),,and shot over the castle walls, or something along the lines of pony express, but with dirt bikes,not horsemeat,,and a lot slower,,so ,,forget the express attitude.
Carrier Buzzards! they can pack a load!
Uhh, and another thing!
Your bunghole, Motoplaner,,,!!

You know what to do!
See to it!,
Woodford's,,I will if you will!
,Like I like!
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV

peterman screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 10:01 PM
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #42
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chip Seal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Western Orygun
Oddometer: 1,782
Vincent Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
OreMike was correct. Not only is there a new big ass shiny gate across the driveway. There is a new sign that says "PARK CLOSED". My neighbor and I rode off the backside of Roman Nose today and checked out the park. The park looks good, like it is being cared for. The new gate has a corresponding post/latch setup for locking the gate open. My take on the situation is this is a seasonal closure probably put in place to keep lowlifes from living there and trashing the place. All of the roads out there are in really good shape with the exception of Esmond Creek road. It has a huge layer of debris, a lot of moss and quite a few trees in the traffic lane. Did I say Esmond Creek road was SLICK...well it was!!! The road from the top of Roman Nose down West Fork has seen some recent work and appeared to have been swept....issaverynice!

I was gonna bring back a big glossy picture of the new gate and post it here for all to see.....that was a great idea all except for the fact I left the camera at the house......
Park is closed until May 17th!
Seasonal closing for all BLM Parks.
Budget etc.
Will recon this weekend.
ADV Adventure Spirit will set alternate plan in motion!
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #43
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan
 
YamaGeek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: western oregon
Oddometer: 5,830
Hey Mikey.....

Well Since this event is fairly close I took it upon myself to check out the park situation at Vincent. It was a pretty day for it, the little cub's new motor is breaking in well and made a quick trip of the nearly 100 miles round trip.

Going up Smith river road..





The Smith river is running pretty cold, high, and semi-clear right now.



..really pretty tiny beach along the way



And I arrive at Vincent creek park. But as MonkeyButt man sez, it's locked up..





oddly enough Smith River Falls park, ( which was the alternative?...) is also locked up ..



So..I'm not sure where you all are planning this little get-together. I'd like to do a run up for this.

Fawn Creek park is open but it's neither as nice nor sunliit as either of the two other ones.. Kinda Bummer...
__________________
____________________________________________
We're here because of a love most exestential. (toothy)


YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
tblume
deus ex machina
 
tblume's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: 541
Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
OreMike was correct. Not only is there a new big ass shiny gate across the driveway. There is a new sign that says "PARK CLOSED". My neighbor and I rode off the backside of Roman Nose today and checked out the park. The park looks good, like it is being cared for. The new gate has a corresponding post/latch setup for locking the gate open. My take on the situation is this is a seasonal closure probably put in place to keep lowlifes from living there and trashing the place. All of the roads out there are in really good shape with the exception of Esmond Creek road. It has a huge layer of debris, a lot of moss and quite a few trees in the traffic lane. Did I say Esmond Creek road was SLICK...well it was!!! The road from the top of Roman Nose down West Fork has seen some recent work and appeared to have been swept....issaverynice!

I was gonna bring back a big glossy picture of the new gate and post it here for all to see.....that was a great idea all except for the fact I left the camera at the house......
In the spirit of "He who hath smelt it, hath verily dealt it" I sugges OMB ranch as the alternate.

No host, nothing provided, he and Shelly and Willy won't even be there, or will they...?

I'd offer my place but the riding and fire pits suck in south Eugene.
__________________
Stoichiometric
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #45
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblume View Post
In the spirit of "He who hath smelt it, hath verily dealt it" I sugges OMB ranch as the alternate.

No host, nothing provided, he and Shelly and Willy won't even be there, or will they...?

I'd offer my place but the riding and fire pits suck in south Eugene.
We could go bother the peacocks at Mildred Kanipe park?
I think they allow picnic fires there don't they?
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014