ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Well, I've got this on may calendar and I'm looking forward to it. I've been riding every weekend and getting pro coaching and feeling like I can tackle the intermediate level and, given my MTB DH background, some adv/int stuff....except really soft deep sand (no problems in the stuff that doesn't swallow me up in a split second). So if you feel like having me around, that's great, and if you think I'm going to be a drag on the good times, just say the word. I wont cry about it....really

12 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
catfish OP
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin69 View Post
Catfish, that sucks. I remember the last one I went to a couple of years ago. There were only 4-5 riders total. No one else showed up and it was windy and cold. I have that weekend off but, I don't know how adventuresome I feel. I haven't rode too much this past year and I wouldn't want to hold you back. I was actually thinking of heading south but, on my 650 not my 400.

Hi Jason, its been a while. Yeah, our group is pretty fickle socially. If everyone thinks everyone else is coming, we get 15-20 folks. Otherwise, they got to wash their hair or something! I suspect the $4/gal. gas doesn't help either.

Any interest in riding & camping somewhere else? see below ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r'elise me View Post
Well, I've got this on may calendar and I'm looking forward to it. I've been riding every weekend and getting pro coaching and feeling like I can tackle the intermediate level and, given my MTB DH background, some adv/int stuff....except really soft deep sand (no problems in the stuff that doesn't swallow me up in a split second). So if you feel like having me around, that's great, and if you think I'm going to be a drag on the good times, just say the word. I wont cry about it....really

I appreciate your reply & interest. Would you still be interested in a change in venue?

I've ridden the mountains around Cal.Cty for almost 20 years. The technical trails are what bring me back, but I've been back MANY times. My head is now leaning in the direction of trying something new.

Like maybe camping near Lake Isabella and riding the local singletrack & Piutes up to the snow. Adv-friends have been telling me about these trails, but I have not ridden them yet. Maybe its time!!!

Anyone interested in camping/riding near Lake Isabella that weekend? Hmmm ... I guess I better check to see if any camping is open in March, huh?

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
catfish OP
Squidicus Adventurous

OK, time to put this thread out of its misery. Sorry, but this ride is officially CANCELLED.

I'm going to ride the Green Hill with some other FFs that weekend.

Seeya on the trail,

Catfish ...
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
OK, time to put this thread out of its misery. Sorry, but this ride is officially CANCELLED.

Seeya on the trail,

Catfish ...
Catfish, if you like technical type trails, you will like the green hill.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
catfish OP
Squidicus Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Catfish, if you like technical type trails, you will like the green hill.

I'm looking forward to it!

Catfish ...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 876
too bad

Thought this ride had some potential ! Been thru Randsburg, Fremont, El Paso's..Cal City is the only place I haven't seen I think.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Quote:

Seeya on the trail,

Catfish ...
That really sucks for sure! Oh well...
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #23
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Hi Jason, its been a while. Yeah, our group is pretty fickle socially. If everyone thinks everyone else is coming, we get 15-20 folks. Otherwise, they got to wash their hair or something! I suspect the $4/gal. gas doesn't help either.

Any interest in riding & camping somewhere else? see below ...

I appreciate your reply & interest. Would you still be interested in a change in venue?

I've ridden the mountains around Cal.Cty for almost 20 years. The technical trails are what bring me back, but I've been back MANY times. My head is now leaning in the direction of trying something new.

Like maybe camping near Lake Isabella and riding the local singletrack & Piutes up to the snow. Adv-friends have been telling me about these trails, but I have not ridden them yet. Maybe its time!!!

Anyone interested in camping/riding near Lake Isabella that weekend? Hmmm ... I guess I better check to see if any camping is open in March, huh?

Catfish ...
A really cool place to camp is Greenhorn Summit. Perfect for a plated bike and only 20 minutes or so up the hill from the lake. The riding up there is incredible. I have not been there for more than 10 years. You can ride a bunch of cool trails all the way to the Kern River. The Summit campground was clean, quiet and no riff raff.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #24
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Sorry to hear this is cancelled. I was looking forward to it, but I know herding cats is a tough gig. Let's try for something soon though. Looking forward to meeting more pps in the sport and building up my skills.

12 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2

Oddometer: 458
Cool2

Quote:
I'm looking forward to it!

Catfish ...
You made a good choice to hook up with Perry - PCvance.
Bring your survival gear...

He knows a lot of fun trails up there and is just a cool cat.

The weather seems to be going your way too!
Should be fun up there