ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #31
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
Yeah.. there have been times I've ended up ordering from Slavens, Elite and Munn in the same week (and paying separate shipping) just to get all the parts in time to still be able to ride that weekend.

RM already has most my generic parts biz. I'll try to keep some OEM local, but the dealers don't do themselves any favors with barely stocked inventories and overpriced shipping.
Yep. Sounds very familiar. That scenerio has happened to me a bunch.
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #32
Dozer Dillon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
We ran into the owner of Rocky Mtn ATV a few years back while riding the Chimney Rock area in Utah. One of the riders ran out of gas by where we were parked and we fueld him up and the Rocky Mtn ATV ownwer came back looking for the rider. Nice guy, avid KTM rider and trail rider.

Utah Shared Alliance

Blue Ribbon

COHVCO

GRMA
Dozer Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #33
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 620
I like RM, but don't like their website. I can't ever seem to find what I want without spending more time than it should take.

I get most of my OEM parts from Motosport. Prices are good and if over $99, free 3 day shipping...and only $8 if under 100. Once in a while I've had to use KTMHutt's site for a kinda odd part #. Motosport's website has real time inventory thats never been wrong for anything I've ever ordered.

And they won't hold an order for something they don't have. You get 2 shipments.

On top of all that, they've had OEM parts 25% off for what seems like over a month. The sale has been extended so still going on.

dmac1 screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 09:04 PM
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #34
Fred Garvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
KTM Parts

I found good support from the forum sponsers over at ktm talk. I found one supplier and bought a lot of items and was able to work out a deal on pricing or shipping. Hope this helps.
Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #35
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,557
I've used these guys a few times...

http://www.ktmpartshouse.com/default.asp

So far I haven't found anyone that beats their prices, even when not qualifying for free shipping. I ordered a bunch of parts and 3 of the items were backordered, they split the order up and shipped what was immediately available, and when the backordered parts came in, I still got free shipping on them too.

Good customer service to boot.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
CaptRick OP
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,125
So I called Munns this AM, the parts are in stock and on the way! Should have the extensive list, a clutch cover gasket , oil sight glass, and a kick starter shaft seal before Saturday.
I called KTM Cycle hut to check the status of the same order I placed on Jan 19th, still hasn't shipped and their waiting on the gasket!!!!
Canceled that order and threw away their phone number and deleted the web site from my favorites.

When you stop chasing dreams, that's when your getting old...until then enjoy the ride
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #37
pow_rider17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Only problem I have found with doing that is they then want to stick you with the 25%, 30%, stickupthebutt% restocking fee.....all for a part THEY don't even have yet.

Glad to hear you will be on orange again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
So I called Munns this AM, the parts are in stock and on the way! Should have the extensive list, a clutch cover gasket , oil sight glass, and a kick starter shaft seal before Saturday.
I called KTM Cycle hut to check the status of the same order I placed on Jan 19th, still hasn't shipped and their waiting on the gasket!!!!
Canceled that order and threw away their phone number and deleted the web site from my favorites.
pow_rider17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #38
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post

Back in the day when I bought a lot of KTM parts. I would use Cycle Hutt's website and fiche to look up part numbers. They had a pretty good fiche. Then I would order from someone (anyone) else. I didn't like a number of things about CH including the fact that they would put bible verses in my orders.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #39
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 20,745
Saw Chip a few days ago in Dallas. He runs a great operation and even answers the phone himself a lot of the time.
Plus...you get about 15% off on most anything.

Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
CaptRick OP
On dry land 4 now.....

So kudos to Munn racing, I called the order in on Mon morning and today the big brown truck dropped them at my door!
Hooray for Munn and FUC* OFF Cycle Hut!!!!!

When you stop chasing dreams, that's when your getting old...until then enjoy the ride
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #41
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 20,745
And Monday was a holiday. Not too shabby!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #42
CaptRick OP
On dry land 4 now.....

Yea I'm impressed that they were even open on a Monday and the service was GREAT! They have my vote....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #43
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
just ordered a few parts from Munn today. I'll see how long to get them in.

There is nothing manly about tassels.
pwrtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #44
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Great thread! I do like the theory of supporting my local dealer, but the fact of the matter is, I haven't won the lottery yet. The other fact of the matter is, I have to drive 70 miles round trip to get to my local dealer to pay 30% + more for the parts, plus tax, where I can order them from RM or the like and save 38% just in price and tax, let alone fuel and time costs, and get them delivered to my door. I do purchase some needed last minute items from my local dealer, and pay out the a$$ for them, price, fuel, time, and tax wise, but until their prices start to be competitive they will not get the majority of my parts/accessory business. Hate to say that because I like the guys at the local dealers, but at the same time I don't want to pay $110 for a part that I can get online for $70 shipped to my door and not spend an hour and a half in the car.
SaharaJp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #45
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,698
Keep Ktm of aspen in mind as well. Tons of stuff in stock, very sharp staff, ground is next day in Colorado, and they are deeply involved in keeping our Colorado trails open.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote