ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
azbrown OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Lake Havasu riding- any advice or takers?

Myself and some friends from Prescott are contemplating a weekend trip to the lake house (not mine unfortunately) for a weekend of dirt biking and lake time. Any recommendations on good LHC riding? We all ride both 2-strokes and 4-strokes and will almost certainly leave the smokers at home and bring out the 4-strokes. So likely looking for some good desert riding or even dual sport type riding for a full day. We generally like to bang out some good mileage as we're more about the riding and less about stopping to "chat", etc... We'll likely ride all day Saturday, spend 1/2 the day Sunday in the boat, then head home to Prescott. Any locals that might to hook up for a day of riding and 1/2 day of boating??
azbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,460
There is a bar to the southeast from there
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
There is a bar to the southeast from there
makes for a good 14 mile loop.
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
makes for a good 14 mile loop.

thats all day for a noob
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
resqd1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
find anything good? I am going ot be out there in July, I know it will be hot, but looking for some early or late riding maybe
resqd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
xxxshiftxxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbrown View Post
Myself and some friends from Prescott are contemplating a weekend trip to the lake house (not mine unfortunately) for a weekend of dirt biking and lake time. Any recommendations on good LHC riding? We all ride both 2-strokes and 4-strokes and will almost certainly leave the smokers at home and bring out the 4-strokes. So likely looking for some good desert riding or even dual sport type riding for a full day. We generally like to bang out some good mileage as we're more about the riding and less about stopping to "chat", etc... We'll likely ride all day Saturday, spend 1/2 the day Sunday in the boat, then head home to Prescott. Any locals that might to hook up for a day of riding and 1/2 day of boating??
I grew up in the area.

In LHC you have standard wash, which is the main area most people stage from and ride. its just south of town on the 95. You will see a quarry and trails on the left (east side) of the hwy. Plenty of trails and single track can be found out there. Some very fun fast sand washes also.

If you want to check out the desert bar, you can ride to it from standard wash by heading east out of wash until you run into a wide graded dirt road that runs north south, take that south towards lake alamo then take a trail west to swansea(sp) ghost town to shea road then a trail to Cienega Springs Rd to desert bar. There is one water crossing at Bill Williams River that varies depth. It will be a all day thing riding from havasu to desert bar and back. Just make sure u have reliable GPS and such and plot out a track in Google Earth or something because its easy to get lost.

If you wanna drive to desert bar and unload the bikes and ride that area just head 95 south towards parker then park off of Cienega Springs rd and unload. Plenty of trails around there.

double check to make sure desert bar is open, it should be open high noon to sunset labor day to memorial day and closed during the summer.

let me know if you need anymore information.
xxxshiftxxx is offline   Reply With Quote