User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,321
AMA Pro Roadracing: Daytona!

Ok, so the series is going to hell in a handbasket, no tv deal and none in sight, but that doesn't really matter -- It's spring, its warm in Florida and there's going to be roadracing at Daytona. The track sucks for motorcycle racing and the town will be crammed with Harleys making potato-potato sounds, but did I mention that there's going to be racing at Daytona? I'll be there starting at practice on Thursday and will be tweeting from the track as often as possible (Twitter handle: Yooperbikemike -- follow me early and often)

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Jake Zemke For Daytona 200

Zemke to fill in for the injured Garrett Willis

Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,144
Have fun, Mike.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346
Happy for Jake but seriously bummed for Garrett. Really looking forward to all the races at Daytona.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,355
So, our coverage of DMG/AMA racing will be in these pages?

Works for me. At least I can find that.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
wulfgar
L.E.O.

Oddometer: 310
I'll be staying at the track starting this Sunday night trying to figure out what-in-the-world to do all week..........
wulfgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
So, our coverage of DMG/AMA racing will be in these pages?

Works for me. At least I can find that.
SPEED is covering the Daytona races.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
SPEED is covering the Daytona races.
Yeah, but the 1st Superbike race is tape-delayed 5-6 hours and the 200 and the second Superbike race won't be broadcast until SUNDAY. Adios, Speed.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgar View Post
i'll be staying at the track starting this sunday night trying to figure out what-in-the-world to do all week..........
Quote:
free demo rides: Outside of the famous daytona international speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles from top manufacturers with free demo rides march 9-16. Riders must have a dot-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driverís license in order to demo.

∑ motorcycle marketplace: Hot leathers is the now the official bike week apparel and accessories provider for daytona international speedway. Bikers and fans can find the nationís top parts, accessories and apparel companies throughout the hot leathers motorcycle marketplace display area.

∑ k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona: Head to k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona with your friends for a cold budweiser and great food at the budweiser cool your pipes zone. Located in the midway outside turn 4, k&g cycles thunder alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.

∑ hooters bikini contest: The annual hooters bikini contest is back and will take place in k&g cycles thunder alley outside of turn 4 at 2 p.m. On saturday, march 16.

∑ hot leathers fashion show: Do not miss the showcase of the most up-to-date styles in motorcycle apparel. Donít miss the hot leathers fashion show in k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona outside of turn 4 on march 16 at 1 p.m.

∑ the indian motorcycle spring dash at daytona: Experience the ride of a lifetime- take your own bike for two laps around daytona international speedwayís 3.56-mile road course. The eighth-annual dash around daytona on saturday, march 16 runs immediately after the daytona 200 (approx. 4 p.m.). Tickets are $30 per bike and include a commemorative patch. Professional photographs are available.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
wulfgar
L.E.O.

Oddometer: 310
Thanks for highlighting the more enlightening topics.........
wulfgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Adios, Speed.
Adios Speed and Fueltv
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #12
DestinationUnknown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I'll be down this weekend for the SX races. I would like to stay all week and catch the AMA Roadracing but not sure that I wouldn't get burnt out before next weekend. Looks like a lot going on all week per the schedule on the Speedway's website.
DestinationUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #13
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,622
One surprising thing to me is that Velocity hasn't been mentioned in the mix since they have a lot of moto-head content.

I suspect the single biggest problem with mc racing coverage is that it's pretty expensive to do; and without the proven big enough audience it's hard to draw the advertisers and make the necessary money. There are many smaller niches covered, but they're all relatively cheap to do.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 2,970
This is killing me and HLDMC. We've traditionally have gotten together to watch this stuff live while eating and drinking in the new riding year. We've been flexible with their changes from Sunday to Saturday to Saturday night (?!) and back to Saturday. Tape delayed to Sunday night WTF!?

How sad is it that we almost get better coverage from El Dakaro than from in-country races like Daytona?

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
This is killing me and HLDMC. We've traditionally have gotten together to watch this stuff live while eating and drinking in the new riding year. We've been flexible with their changes from Sunday to Saturday to Saturday night (?!) and back to Saturday. Tape delayed to Sunday night WTF!?

How sad is it that we almost get better coverage from El Dakaro than from in-country races like Daytona?
Talk about sad, UK based MotorsTV is showing the 200 *live*