ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Hueychief
FNG

Oddometer: 75
SMJ,
Where did you pick the bike up from?
I'm watching as the supply of KTM 990R's are slowly dwindling down on cycletrader. My yearly bonus arrives in March and hopefully there will be some left.
I get to Colorado when able and have taken a job back in the US and should be able to spend ALOT more time there in the future.
You're gonna love that bike.
Jeff
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
smj OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueychief View Post
SMJ,
Where did you pick the bike up from?
I'm watching as the supply of KTM 990R's are slowly dwindling down on cycletrader. My yearly bonus arrives in March and hopefully there will be some left.
I get to Colorado when able and have taken a job back in the US and should be able to spend ALOT more time there in the future.
You're gonna love that bike.
Jeff
I picked mine up from Elite KTM up in Loveland. I noticed the same thing, and was happy to be able to pull the trigger on mine. I also noticed many of the dealers placing adds on Cycletrader had dealer prep & handling charges (some of them nearly $1000) to add on above and beyond the listed price. At Elite, the price is the price, you have to pay State tax, but no other dealer fees. The other thing was that the cheaper priced bikes were always, always, sold already. I tried for a a month and a half and couldn't get one. Anyway, that was my buying experience. Oh, yeah, I recomend asking for heated grips to be added when you buy - they are very nice to have! Pick a good one, then drop me a line when you hit Coloardo - we'll go for a ride! stevej
Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
sonoran
null device

Oddometer: 23,125
Congrats on the new ride... you're gonna love it!

Let the farkling begin!
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
smj OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Ah, farkling begins as soon as the XR is sold... Wish I could keep them both, but not going to happen.
I also agree with everyone, even with only a couple hundred miles on the bike so far - I think I am really going to like this bike! Very excited about it..