User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #46
lamoufle OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
zambia times

the story continues in zambia, where the policewomen are just ...

Last days i met a dutch guy who is drinving like crazy this f***** little moped

his name is Steven and he is working on a ngo to help people farming. He ask me if I wan to join him on villages, for sure

the only thing it didn't tell me was that the dirt road was a very very sand road And as usual, when my bike smell sand, it just fall, again and again and again.

After six fallas i ws totally exhausted, my energy has gone, so Steven ask me 'He Maybe we can switch the bike ?" Ok let's try !! 1 meter later, Steven was laying in the sand, it was so good to see him falling !!!
I was with the little moped and have some much fun, full throttle and when i see sand i just go go and go so easy so crazy!!! Steven 5 falls later start to be a little upset about my bike!
So after maybe 2 hour of really hard dirt track, we arrive a the chief palace,
that a cool place ?

Steven try to understand how to drive on sand ..

The chief is not very sympatic, he wants money, sugar, cooking oil, and don't even accept to take a picture with us

Anyway with have lot of villages to see...

I deflate the tyre for the 3rd or 4th times of the day, and suddenly the bike start to be conforable I cruie on the sand playing a great game.

We met a lot of people, crazy kids playing everywhere and enjoying cameras

After 2 hours of tchatting with a lot of farmers, it's time to go back, and something happen, maybe because of the light rain, maybe because of the tyre well deflate, but a f**** great bike moment, we race like crazy 80km/h in the sand, the mud, the grass, on the track, offroad, we just smile like kids under our helmets !

Steven wants to have his second chance so we switch again, and i really love this moped !!! just have to go full throttle

A really great day of biking and meeting fabulous people, 6 falls for me, 5 for steven but without taking account of the mileage!

Amazing day I am suppose to leave Livingstone tomorrow, but this crazy dutch man, made me some new proposals

L'aventure Africaine en français: http://lililagirafe.fr
lamoufle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #47
BUMOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Keep having FUN! Ride safe.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #48
WHYNOWTHEN
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 562
If you are riding the M10 between Sesheke and Mongu, go say Hi to my sister. She runs Mutemwa Lodge. It is a beautiful place!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #49
lamoufle OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
'cause you have a bad day ...

there are days you just prefer to be on your bed, and this day, was definitely one of us

We have a fantastic plan with Steven, go for 70km on tarmac and then go on dirt, close to the zambezi as possible and cross all villages. In theory it will be perfect!

But something went wrong! We were fed up with tar after 50k and decide to go dirt, it was sandy as usual so after some dance with my really deadful k60 tyre, i stop for deflate time, i deflate too much the front....
200 meters after the first sand, the tyre has slice around the rime and cut the valve Well done !
Ok anyway i know that i am a stupid boy and made a lot of stupid mistake so i carry spares!
So we took off the weel and it will be an easy fix

Did I say i was stupid ? stupid enough that I pinch the tube between the tyre and the rim We try all we can do but we were done and has to use the tyre levers

and you know what happen when 2 stupids guys have left their brains away and try to put a new tube ???? Nothing ! New tube is like old tube, flat

We were in middle of the bush, after 1 or 2 hours in the sun, and try to think on a smart solutions... We decide to get the wheel to town, fix it and get the bike tomorrow
We let the bike in front of a hut to be sure nobody with a front xt660z rim can get it

That's when mens from the huts decide to show us their experience

Steven fall asleep, and i try to take some notes of what i did wrong, they take off the tyre and seek for hole. 1 hole, then 2 and then 3 and 4 and 5 6 and eventually 7 !! Did i say we were stupid and with no water ?
So they cut an old bicycle tube and glu it on my new fucked tube. 1 hour later they put the tyre on the rim, and inflate it with an old cycle pump.

They were so proud they insist we took them on photo to keep a souvenir ...

[2 weeks after and 2 inflate after i buy a new tube and keep this as spare... a good idea to have a bad tube as spare ]

Sun was already down and there are no lights on the moped, so we decide to speed our machines to town , my bike is equipped with high light that cost a kidney (fortunately not mine!) so it should be ok... But as this day was a crazy bad day my lights decide to die

So we drive at night in this potholes road with plenty of trucks with no lights, it was just pure happiness

We safely arrive in town and decide that just pizza and beers can save our souls

Anyway, we will not abandoned our plan so fast, tomorrow is another day

L'aventure Africaine en français: http://lililagirafe.fr
lamoufle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #50
littlebike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Laugh Tomorrow is another good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoufle View Post
there are days you just prefer to be on your bed, and this day, was definitely one of us

We safely arrive in town and decide that just pizza and beers can save our souls

Anyway, we will not abandoned our plan so fast, tomorrow is another day
Trips in Africa are always interesting and promising. Don't let the fate and mishap counter your plans

Thanks for sharing
littlebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #51
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,594
C'est un bon reportage...

Bon chance ....

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote