User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #46
PBee

Oddometer: 8,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by barra View Post
I remember when women used to wear t shirts with no bras. Those were the days .
It's a condition of entry isn't it?.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleGra View Post
hey..you didnt include my air thread in that list...your trying to marginalize me...
I prefer Butter.............

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011. N
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #47
cabes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleGra View Post
hey..you didnt include my air thread in that list...your trying to marginalize me...
Mea Culpa - Mea Culpa - Mea Maxima Culpa
cabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #48
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,528
30 seconds to take a helmet off - huh? how many straps does your helmet have?

I rode away form the servo the other day without paying. A half an hour later I remembered and rode back and paid. The guys had a giggle as I was very apologetic. H said dont worry mate we know you and we would have made you pay for it next time you were in.
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
In your opinion,not mine.Reminds me of the time my mother,after Cemo,was TOLD to take her hat of at the local Leagues Club.People should mind there own business.
thats ok carcass , one dickhead at a leagues club.

now you can scare the shit out of bank tellers/servo attendants etc.

keep wearing that full face.

maybe next time they will point the gun at you

you forget that time i answered the door(even though you were closer to the door) and there was a revolver in my face.

the time out riding in the bush as i'm faster than you, i was the one that got the rifle pointed at them,

oh me and sparrow.

oh the time at bathurst easter races.

2c worth

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #50
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagueout View Post
By memory this "rule" came into being here in nsw in the mid 90's. I consider it a "condition of entry " situation, i.e. if i want their goods/services i must comply with said "condition of entry", but all that aside, my real motivation is that i much prefer to put the poor underpaid bloke/girl behind the counter at ease, they are usually harmless indian students or recent migrants doing massive hours and here in sydney are a regular and easy target for violent assault/robbery. I just cannot fathom the confrontational attitude that some punters here are exhibiting, ffs why make enemies when you have the opportunity to make a friend. To be honest, by the time my 30 litre tank is empty i'm only too happy to get my helmet off and generally busting to use the toilet at the servo.
I ride every day, my KLE500 needs filling every two or three days [15 litre tank], my Wee-Strom gets over 425km to the tankful around town without the warning light coming on.

On a long ride removing my helmet while stopped is no issue as I buy food, a drink and visit the toilets at most stops so I'm going to be stationary for longer periods.

But on my ride home from work I'm stopped for no more than three minutes in total, and at the counter for maybe 60 seconds at most of that same three minutes, therefore I have no need or desire to remove my helmet.

And how many times do I have to state..... I have NEVER been asked to remove my helmet!.....so I don't know what others are doing to have the request made to them.

Maybe I just don't look threatening like some bad arsed bikie dudes do.

I'm getting old and only ride "little" adventure touring bikes I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan View Post
30 seconds to take a helmet off - huh? how many straps does your helmet have?

I rode away form the servo the other day without paying. A half an hour later I remembered and rode back and paid. The guys had a giggle as I was very apologetic. He said don't worry mate we know you and we would have made you pay for it next time you were in.
Now for a sign like this on the pump I would either comply and remove my helmet, or ride off without buying from that servo.

It is a clearly stated condition of using their business at the point of SALE, not after they have authorised the pump for you- thereby entering in to a "contract of sale" with you, then when you enter to pay they hit you with the added "condition" of having to remove your helmet.

I think signs like this are how things should be handled [but should read "all concealing head-wear", not just "helmets" as it discriminates against motorcycle riders].

And 30 seconds to get my helmet off?
Probably at least that.
Visor up, tinted visor up, sunglasses off [tinted visor is not a dark tint], flip face up [double latch on the Nolan N104 so it does take a bit to get it open], strap undone, helmet off head, ear plugs out and in to a container so I don't lose them....I can easily take more than 30 seconds to get my helmet off.
Then the reverse process can take even longer putting it all back on comfortably.

I'd spend three times the amount of time getting the helmet on/off compared to what I do standing at the counter paying for my fuel.

I have no issue with removing my helmet, as long as the condition is clearly stated at the pump, and does not single out [discriminate against] motorcyclists only- it should include all forms of concealing head-wear.

And more hoodie wearing teenagers have held up servos in Sydney than any helmet wearing bikers ever have, we are just a pack of pussies and posers- not criminals.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #51
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by barra View Post
I remember when women used to wear t shirts with no bras. Those were the days .
No you're talking!

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #52
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockrocket View Post
You sound a bit self righteous and judgemental to me.
You should look at what you have been saying and get back to me on what you think of yourself then.

You are saying I'm among a minority and giving riders a bad name by upholding my legal right to keep my helmet on?

Yes you are giving riders a bad name, you have already said that you were once acting like such a tool that a complete stranger that had nothing to do with the situation at hand felt the need to give you a touch up.

While spouting that your personal opinion on the topic is the correct one?

You are confusing the things you have written with the things I have written again.

I am following the RULES when I have my helmet on, in fact I'm even following the LAW by wearing one.

No you are not, a service station is private property that you can use the services of if you follow certain conditions. removing your helmet before entry is one of these conditions.

In society people should be judged on who they are, not what they wear or what they believe.

And how we act. and by your own admission you have been acting like a selfish little prat.

"never judge a book by its cover", "innocent until proven guilty", they are things that enhance a true society, not some narrow minded person who thinks his opinion on the subject is the only right one.

So we agree that you are narrow minded.

My helmet stays ON by MY choice, not taken off because some wanker who doesn't even work behind the counter assumes I'm a criminal while sitting in his corporate office overseas somewhere.

Well you really should remove it because it is a condition of entry into the servo.

And by keeping it on, you are acting like criminal and/or wanker.

You OPINION is exactly that, not a RULE, not a LAW, so I'm acting legally with what I (and others) do by keeping my helmet on.

This doesn't make any sense...

You do realise that you are among the minority by choosing to act like a tool at servos, instead of using a bit of common courtesy and removing your helmet.

Don't come crying to me when you have no rights left and it becomes illegal to even own or ride a motorcycle.

What are you talking about now?

Seriously dude, are you just trying to bait me by just typing random shit?

I'm standing up for my rights BEFORE they are taken away from me.

No your not, you are just acting like a tool.
I should have known that people who gets upset about treating other people with a bit of respect and courtesy by just doing a few simple things like removing their helmet before entering a shop, would get all pissy at me for making fun of them.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post

you forget that time i answered the door(...........) and there was a revolver in my face.

the time out riding in the bush as i'm faster than you, i was the one that got the rifle pointed at them,

cheers
So I'm not the only one who has experienced those things

I have actually been shot at.....twice once when hunting and once when riding at night in outer eastern Melbourne on a bike that looked like a cop motorcycle.

My Mrs. was scared for months after the incident at our front door a year or so back, in the middle of the night.
I opened the door and immediately dived for the floor when I saw a bloke who had taken a "shooting stance" pointing something at me, the Mrs. called the cops while hiding behind a solid brick wall in the lounge room.
The bloke was picked up a short time later, not sure what transpired with him after that as the cops were still looking for a weapon at that time.

And even though she went through seventeen months of chemo, she was never once asked to remove her hat or head scarf when she had no hair [it seems not everyone is paranoid about people wearing stuff on their heads ].

Ain't life exciting

"All roads lead to now."

Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,403
Err before it all goes pear shaped maybe keep it on track and civil (not saying its gone over yet but its getting close) or we can send it all over to CSM in JM where you can argue semantics of law and courtesy untill the internet breaks.

If you think youve been wronged send me a pm and ill get back to you!

Leith

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #55
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
Err before it all goes pear shaped maybe keep it on track and civil (not saying its gone over yet but its getting close) or we can send it all over to CSM in JM where you can argue semantics of law and courtesy untill the internet breaks.

If you think youve been wronged send me a pm and ill get back to you!

Leith
Take your helmet of and post that tough guy...

PM sent.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #56
jacksonracingcomau
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
try it at your local bank and see how far you get, bit of curtesy goes a long way. in the middle of summer when you pull up at a servo you can't get all your gear off quick enough when you are sitting still.
In the bank I roll cigarettes and put them in my mouth, some stupid tart always tells me I can't smoke in there,

makes them forget about the crash helmet rule, they usually smile when you tell them it's not alight.

Why would I take my shorts, T shirt and thongs off in a servo ?

actually that might be offensive
jacksonracingcomau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #57
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
I should have known that people who gets upset about treating other people with a bit of respect and courtesy by just doing a few simple things like removing their helmet before entering a shop, would get all pissy at me for making fun of them.
So you consider what you have written as "making fun" of me?

You can't even get facts straight.

Service stations are NOT private property when they are open for business, they are a place of permitted public access and the same rules apply as any other public place.

I've had the exact discussion with a cop while I worked in service stations and wanted a customer banned from coming on the premises [a court restraining order was the only legal way he could be stopped because of the public aspect of the business being open for customers].

After all your little yellow comments in my post I will respond in kind and say.....

Fuck off, you only have your opinion and it does not give you the right to slag off at me in the way you have.

And as for losing legal rights...I was a hunter and gun owner in Victoria and had to hand in my legally owned guns.
But the criminals still have all the guns they want, so being "stomped on" by the Government with a change to the law didn't fix the problem of illegal guns in the community, it only penalised the law abiding people.

So don't assume you will be left your full freedoms as a motorcyclist if you don't stand up for them in the first place.

"All roads lead to now."

Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #58
Russ

Oddometer: 15,522
Personally I prefer FYYFF to Fuck Off
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #59
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
Take your helmet of and post that tough guy...

PM sent.
nah he looks betta with it on

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #60
Doonie
Monarch 92

Oddometer: 641
When they say I'm supposed to take my helmet off cos it's the law, I say, "No it's not. Do you want my money or should I leave?"

They always take the money.

Doon.