User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Question Icon Suoer Duty 3 Boots

Quick question.. sorry.. Typo in topic.. It's Super Duty, not Suoer Duty..
Are these things reasonably waterproof?.. I have been through all of the info on these and it does not say that they are, but yet I can'tbeleive they will leak like a pair of tennis shoes..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,569
Get the patrol if you want waterproof. I can verify that they are in fact waterproof, very comfortable and provide great protection.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
AdrianB1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I have Superduty 2 (since 2007), Superduty 4 (bought in late 2011) and Patrol (since last summer). Superduty 2 are mostly waterproof, but not marketed in any way as waterproof. Superduty 4 are terrible in any light rain, it gets right into it. Patrol are true waterproof, but longer and less ventilated.

Superduty 3 may be quite resistant to water, but they are not waterproof. They will not leak as a pair of tennis shoes, they will offer protection on a short and light rain (if the water will not get in from the pants, that's a high probability as these boots are low), but they are not suitable for a long ride in the rain.
AdrianB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
bob393
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianB1 View Post
I have Superduty 2 (since 2007), Superduty 4 (bought in late 2011) and Patrol (since last summer). Superduty 2 are mostly waterproof, but not marketed in any way as waterproof. Superduty 4 are terrible in any light rain, it gets right into it. Patrol are true waterproof, but longer and less ventilated.

Superduty 3 may be quite resistant to water, but they are not waterproof. They will not leak as a pair of tennis shoes, they will offer protection on a short and light rain (if the water will not get in from the pants, that's a high probability as these boots are low), but they are not suitable for a long ride in the rain.
+1 on the Superduty 2's.
Been using them for several years and they are fine in the rain. Not waterproof but fine.
Last year I rode in the absolute heaviest rain I have ever seen, car or bike, ever. My feet got wet but not soaked.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #5
Noth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Back to my original question.. (not what I SHOULD buy)... the SD 3's are not waterproof, but not awful either looks like..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote