Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #31
65SlashTwo
Da Pigu

Oddometer: 88
Another switcher here. Got both an RT and GSA in the garage now. The RT is for sale on the boards. I happen to think the RT ('05 to '09) is the sexiest bike on the road. '10 on...puleez a step backward with those gawdawful reservoirs poking outta the handlebars.

I thought I was weird for not 'fitting onto the RT' as some tall riders get on fine with them but being 6'2", my knees took a beating too. It does have soul....just can't tolerate that soul for too long.

My '09 GSA is more utilitarian and I came to the conclusion that it's what I need to do what I want to do....get off-pavement. Pros-Cons? You gotta figure out what you want to do and get the bike to do it. I know the throngs of GS riders that have road tires and keep it there (previous owner of mine stayed on road); good for them. As usual, YMMV!
65SlashTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Robert_W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Had a '98 RT that I put almost 100k miles on. Great bike. Never hiccuped with just regular maintenance. Can't say I ever rode 110mph all day long though?

Also have an '07 GT. Plenty of days in the 80-90mph range for a while across the west but 110? Again.

That being said my GSA gets the majority of my attention now. It rides well. Is a hell of a lot more comfy. I really don't miss the extra hp too much. It has plenty for 99% of situations. I thought cruise control would be an issue but really with a throttle lock and wrist rocker thingy it's a non issue. A set of Gerbings makes the heated seat a non issue too.

I would tell you that if hard fast riding is that important to you than the GSA is NOT the bike for you. Trust me. I learned the hard way that it's no GT. It'll do 85% of what the GT will...and 90% of the RT. The other 10-15% can be an expensive lesson. DOH!
www.kroutfitters.com
Robert_W is offline   Reply With Quote