ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Welcome!

Really nice Tornado!

Tell us, where are you from?
How many Km does it have in the odometer?
What use do you give to the bike? (Touring, enduro, etc)
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #32
Evandro
n00b
 
Evandro's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: São Francisco do Sul Santa Catarina BRASIL
Oddometer: 4
thank you

I'm from São Francisco do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil
My city and the island is approximately 200 km after Florianopolis.
The tornado that with 27,000 km run it use to go to work and short trips

I hope someday to go to Argentina and get to know the country and see DAKAR

Sorry for my english made ​​in GOOGLE
Evandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #33
VDG
Beastly Adventurer
 
VDG's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Oddometer: 1,341
Fresh rubber - front- on my Tornado. Will be testing this Saturday.
Rinaldi RT 36 - 80 x 90 x 21

VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #34
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evandro View Post
thank you

I'm from São Francisco do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil
My city and the island is approximately 200 km after Florianopolis.
The tornado that with 27,000 km run it use to go to work and short trips

I hope someday to go to Argentina and get to know the country and see DAKAR

Sorry for my english made ​​in GOOGLE
Sorry for answering so late!

Put here some photos of your trips! It would be great to see a Tornado on its natural enviroments! hehe!


Nice tyres VDG! I have used Rinaldi's R34 in my previous NX 150, they were good for the street but have nothing to do in the dirt in comparison with the Metzeler Enduro 3 the Tornado has..
Hope they are fine! Please tell us how you feel them and if they are a good option for our bikes or not...
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #35
VDG
Beastly Adventurer
 
VDG's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Oddometer: 1,341
Saturday May 18th, I did a short trip and had a chance to test the new front tire. The tire did great on asphalt and dirt....however have to take care with the rocks....the tire is a little bit smaller than the original....Put the first 185 miles on it....not bad...






Quote:
Originally Posted by VDG View Post
Fresh rubber - front- on my Tornado. Will be testing this Saturday.
Rinaldi RT 36 - 80 x 90 x 21


VDG screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 06:00 PM
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #36
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDG View Post
Saturday May 18th, I did a short trip and had a chance to test the new front tire. The tire did great on asphalt and dirt....however have to take care with the rocks....the tire is a little bit smaller than the original....Put the first 185 miles on it....not bad...




Sorry for the delay in the answers!
Tell me VDG, how much did you pay for that GiliMoto tank?
Do you know if they ship to Argentina?

And another questions for you all guys..
As we all know, riding in the roads/routes at night isn't really pleasant with the Tornado's stock lights... Have you came up with any solution to this problem in your bikes?

I'm thinking about putting some cree/aux lights, (Hallogen round ones with H3 12v 35w bulbs) or putting a bigger bulb to the headlight, something such as a 60/55w H4...
I've heard from other users that the last thing I listed is really effective, but I don't really know if it would affect or not the integrity of the headlight itself...
Any comments on this?
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #37
VDG
Beastly Adventurer
 
VDG's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Oddometer: 1,341
Hello Leo,
The tank came together when a brought the bike. Therefore a new one it is about R$ 367,00 (reais) and about 183,00 ARG (pesos) + shipping. I don't know if they ship to Argentina. I've just sent an e-mail to Gili questioning if they ship to Argentina. Might have an answer by Monday. I keep you posted.
Here is the Gili link in case you are interested to buy the tank.

http://www.gilimoto.com.br/index.php...&product_id=83

Regarding lights, a don't have much to say. I have avoid to ride / travel at night.

I found the subject on this forum (in portuguese). Hope it can help you.

http://forum.tornadeiros.com.br/view...=farol+tornado

Regards.
VDG.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
Sorry for the delay in the answers!
Tell me VDG, how much did you pay for that GiliMoto tank?
Do you know if they ship to Argentina?

And another questions for you all guys..
As we all know, riding in the roads/routes at night isn't really pleasant with the Tornado's stock lights... Have you came up with any solution to this problem in your bikes?

I'm thinking about putting some cree/aux lights, (Hallogen round ones with H3 12v 35w bulbs) or putting a bigger bulb to the headlight, something such as a 60/55w H4...
I've heard from other users that the last thing I listed is really effective, but I don't really know if it would affect or not the integrity of the headlight itself...
Any comments on this?
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #38
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDG View Post
Hello Leo,
The tank came together when a brought the bike. Therefore a new one it is about R$ 367,00 (reais) and about 183,00 ARG (pesos) + shipping. I don't know if they ship to Argentina. I've just sent an e-mail to Gili questioning if they ship to Argentina. Might have an answer by Monday. I keep you posted.
Here is the Gili link in case you are interested to buy the tank.

http://www.gilimoto.com.br/index.php...&product_id=83

Regarding lights, a don't have much to say. I have avoid to ride / travel at night.

I found the subject on this forum (in portuguese). Hope it can help you.

http://forum.tornadeiros.com.br/view...=farol+tornado

Regards.
VDG.
Thanks a lot VDG!
It's a really nice gesture of yours to do so..

I've been reading the thread of "tornadeiros" you posted here...
It is said there that any good quality 55/60w H4 lamp will do the job well without causing any problems to the battery... So I think I'll give an opportunity to that option and see what happens..
I asked a mechanic friend via Facebook and he told me there should be no problems...

Thanks again! I'll post pics of the results!

Now I'm away from home, in about two weeks, when I came back, I'll see if I can do the job.
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #39
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,431
I've been to Brasil a couple of times and the Tornado has always been around. Couple of things I've noticed...

1. Brazilians beat the living shit out of their bikes, meaning they are ridden every day in brutal climates. Often, Brazilian families will only have one motorcycle as their "car". So I gather they are tough!

2. They come in a lot of different configurations....or is it possible they vary from year to year? Also, are they E-start only? I didn't notice a kickstart. If so, it's hilarious that the half of the dual-sport Hondas are kick-only in the USA.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
MEN are able to kick them.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I've been to Brasil a couple of times and the Tornado has always been around. Couple of things I've noticed...

1. Brazilians beat the living shit out of their bikes, meaning they are ridden every day in brutal climates. Often, Brazilian families will only have one motorcycle as their "car". So I gather they are tough!

2. They come in a lot of different configurations....or is it possible they vary from year to year? Also, are they E-start only? I didn't notice a kickstart. If so, it's hilarious that the half of the dual-sport Hondas are kick-only in the USA.
I have never been to Brazil, lets wait for the Brazilian buddies to tell us about that..

About beeing just e-start, you are right.. It's a little bad if you think about having problems with the battery.. But it isn't so difficult to push start it because it isn't a really heavy bike..

And a question, what are you refering to when you say that "they vary from year to year"?
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #42
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
I have never been to Brazil, lets wait for the Brazilian buddies to tell us about that..

About beeing just e-start, you are right.. It's a little bad if you think about having problems with the battery.. But it isn't so difficult to push start it because it isn't a really heavy bike..

And a question, what are you refering to when you say that "they vary from year to year"?

I mean the styles I saw there seem to vary...some with knobs, some with road tires, different fairings, etc. Some seem to be more dual-sport, and some more street. Let me see if I can find some pics.

Whoops, never mind my bad. Completely different bikes.

In Brazil you see a ton of bikes like this.......


...which is obviously very different than this...
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #43
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I mean the styles I saw there seem to vary...some with knobs, some with road tires, different fairings, etc. Some seem to be more dual-sport, and some more street. Let me see if I can find some pics.

Whoops, never mind my bad. Completely different bikes.

In Brazil you see a ton of bikes like this.......


...which is obviously very different than this...
It seems you found it out by yourself.. hehe!

The Honda CG is the third world version of the CB 125 that you may have had in USA, and it was so reliable that they still make them in Brazil... The main difference is that instead of using the OHC engine of the CB, they use a OHV engine that shares a lot of parts with the former OHC, but with other way of moving the rockers and the valves..

Here in Argentina, mostly in big cities, you would see a similar scene to the one you described in Brazil (lots of people riding really charged in 125cc bikes) but instead of little bikes, you'd see them in cubs... (C90, 110cc bikes and all their Chinese copies)
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #44
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
It seems you found it out by yourself.. hehe!

The Honda CG is the third world version of the CB 125 that you may have had in USA, and it was so reliable that they still make them in Brazil... The main difference is that instead of using the OHC engine of the CB, they use a OHV engine that shares a lot of parts with the former OHC, but with other way of moving the rockers and the valves..

Here in Argentina, mostly in big cities, you would see a similar scene to the one you described in Brazil (lots of people riding really charged in 125cc bikes) but instead of little bikes, you'd see them in cubs... (C90, 110cc bikes and all their Chinese copies)
none of these bike come to the US. we had a xr250r dirtbike awhile back that was not street legal. some states allow this bike to be tagged. it is kick start only and has many differences.
a 125cc street bike is rare. we have 125 scooters but not motorcycles. our motorcycles start at 250cc with many seeing that as a too small. the most common 250s found on the roads are dual-sports. since many of our roads carry speeds of 60mph larger motors are desired.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 06-10-2013 at 04:00 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #45
Leo.G
Is still learning
 
Leo.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Marcos Juárez, Córdoba, Argentina
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
none of these bike come to the US. we had a xr250r dirtbike awhile back that was not street legal. some states allow this bike to be tagged. it is kick start only and has many differences.
a 125cc street bike is rare. we have 125 scooters but not motorcycles. our motorcycles start at 250cc with many seeing that as a too small. the most common 250s found on the roads are dual-sports. since many of our roads carry speeds of 60mph larger motors are desired.

Well, researching a little, it seems that I confused about the CB in the USA, it was in the UK, sorry!

This is the machine I was talking about..



Greetings!
__________________
2010 Honda XR 250 Tornado
Leo.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014