Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #31
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,112
For those who do not facebook it's worth a look, here's a letter outline they have drafted.

FOR THOSE OF YOU NEED/WANT REFERENCE - HERE ARE SOME TALKING POINTS FOR YOUR LETTER SO WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE - IF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU FEEL NEEDS TO BE ADDED PLZ FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME : R.A.G.E Action Communique - initial talking points

It evident from the proliferation of R.A.G.E. membership communication that the proposed 2013 Rate Application put forward by SGI to the Saskatchewan Rate Review Panel is unacceptable as proposed, and requires further input and discussion by impacted parties.

At this point, immediate communication of this concern by R.A.G.E participants to the appropriate governmental agencies is critical. It is every eligible voter/taxpayer's civic responsibility to communicate with their elected members of government, and the government agencies responsible for providing services and policy. It is important to remember your/our government is elected for the sole purpose of carrying out, or administering the will of it's electorate, which is us "the people". This is not a responsibility either party should take lightly!!!

Having said that, a number of R.A.G.E. members have collected and reviewed input from the R.A.G.E. populous to date and condensed what we believe to be the salient points, expressed as a list below:

A) Recovery of costs associated with motorcycle accidents in Saskatchewan is key to the Rate Review purpose.

B) The May 1st 2013 Review dead-line for the Rate approval is unacceptable, and must be revised as it does not permit adequate time for public dialogue, research and analysis prior to any rate rebalancing or fiscal cost recovery beyond the proposed 2.27% rate increase for all vehicles.

C) The rate increase for vehicles/motorcycles be consistent with the proposed four wheel rate increase of a 2.27% maximum.

D) Fiscal recovery by levying a rate increase across the board directed at motorcycles or vehicles of any type is inherently flawed.

E) R.A.G.E proposes that the remaining cost short-fall be re-examined and re-directed toward specific high-risk individuals responsible for the cost escalation.

F) The proposed uncapping treatment for motorcycle be rescinded and rate cap treatment be approved across the board.

Recommended Immediate Action
Compose a letter appropriately voicing your concerns/displeasure with the 2013 Rate proposal, the proposal approval time frame, and the proposal's in appropriate schedule of cost recovery, or rate rebalancing to:
- The Premier
- The Minister responsible for SGI and Crown Investments Corp.
- Your MLA
- The Saskatchewan Rate Review Panel

( do not forget to request a reply )
"Why do thy think that their rubber is so much more valuable than everybody elses? Is it excised from the whelted buttock of some high ranking supplicant at madam Swartz's House Of Pain? Is it pre-soaked with the quim of alien virgins? Do they hand deliver it and fit it for me whilst plying me with Bolinger and tickling my baw sack with a Dodo feather?"- Bonkers the Dog
squiffynimrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #32
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

"The Rate Review Panel has released a notice of their intentions to review the Saskatchewan Auto Fund proposed rate adjustments.

There are five ways to make your views known:

You can attend the public meetings, email the panel, send a voice message, mail a letter or respond on their website.

email input@saskratereview.ca

voice message 1-877-368-7075 (Saskatoon 306-934-1948)

mail P.O. Box 1301, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3N1

www.saskratereview.ca

The Panel will hold public meetings at the Regina Delta on April 9th at 7:30 p.m. and at the Saskatoon Travelodge on April 22nd, also at 7:30.

The Panel will also commission a detailed, independent technical study of the application.

The final report will be delivered to the provincial government by June 12th.

It is then the provincial Cabinet that would make the final decision on the rate request."
"Why do thy think that their rubber is so much more valuable than everybody elses? Is it excised from the whelted buttock of some high ranking supplicant at madam Swartz's House Of Pain? Is it pre-soaked with the quim of alien virgins? Do they hand deliver it and fit it for me whilst plying me with Bolinger and tickling my baw sack with a Dodo feather?"- Bonkers the Dog
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #33
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

https://www.change.org/petitions/sgi...katchewan#news
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #34
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

FYI. More pedestrians killed or injured than motorcyclists every year from 2004 to 2009.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #35
Rinty
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 537
The motorcycle injuries spiked in 2006, and I wonder if this is what is creating the attention. But the tables say nothing about who caused these accidents, and this needs to be analyzed by the stake holders.

I don't know if it comes from the Hurt Report, but the number that I have read is 80% of motorcycle / car & truck collisions result from the negligence of the car / truck operators; the left turn thing being the most common.

I hope the consultations come to something more than a bunch of angry riders yelling at the bureaucrats. Someone needs to present some good data, which is professionally analyzed. And pump the hell out of it in the media. Wall's a smart guy. The amount of revenue from riders, as a percentage of the overall operating budget, is probably insignificant, and this is probably not a fight he needs to pick.
Rinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #36
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
I did two short work stints in Sask. last year. I was scared by the drivers in Saskatoon and Regina. I think the idea of no fault insurance means they can run into anything. Passing cars going over hills, around corners (blind) was common as was speeding.

We retired in 2008 and moved out of Ab. We should have moved to Sask. but even than insurance was crazy expensive. We considered Ont. but bike insurance was through the roof so we took a pass there too. Private auto insurance is the way to go. None of the public insurance schemes work.
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #37
jasonmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Just dug this out last night as it was time to change the pink cards in the bikes; still some time away from riding locally but I hate forgetting. 2011 Husky TXC449, 2011 Husky TE630 and a 2012 Kawi Ninja 1000. Flipping over to All Perils would add ~$200/year to the premium and I am still mulling that over.

Edmonton address, have had a Class 5 and 6 license since I was 16 (24 years) with no reportable tickets for quite a while. Have a couple of houses and a selection of trucks (4), sleds (2), quads (2), bikes (3) and a RV with TD. SWMBO insures her car and 3 off-road bikes separately with similar rates for the bikes.

jasonmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #38
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieA View Post
I did two short work stints in Sask. last year. I was scared by the drivers in Saskatoon and Regina. I think the idea of no fault insurance means they can run into anything. Passing cars going over hills, around corners (blind) was common as was speeding.

We retired in 2008 and moved out of Ab. We should have moved to Sask. but even than insurance was crazy expensive. We considered Ont. but bike insurance was through the roof so we took a pass there too. Private auto insurance is the way to go. None of the public insurance schemes work.

Works great for BC government. Fuckers pull 1 billion$ a year off ICBC's profits, just use it as another form of taxation. Which is my prediction with Saskatchewan, as tax revenue dwindles, and government workers' pension promises loom ever closer and bigger in scale.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #39
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

I pay roughly $200/year per bike for insurance in N.B. That is basic coverage with $1mm liability. That is one of the only good reasons to live here.
2004 Honda XR400R
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #40
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,265
holy crap!! I"d tell you what I pay south of the border but it would piss u off. ouch, I feel for you guys. thats brutal.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
skrider OP
2011 Strom

Oddometer: 35
Premier of Sask weighs in... seems like the pressure here has turned political.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ates-1302.html
skrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #42
Rinty
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrider View Post
Premier of Sask weighs in... seems like the pressure here has turned political.
As I said in post 36, this is probably not a fight he needs to pick....

The insurance bureaucrats probably don't have the bigger picture that Wall has. Also, Saskatchewan is the only province in Canada (and probably the only jurisdiction in North America) that has a budget surplus, so Wall may not be worried about any biker insurance "deficit". It may even be that some sharp number cruncher on his staff has picked the insurance weenies' numbers apart, and discovered that there isn't a deficit, or it's lower than they say it is.

Rinty screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 01:20 PM
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

A partial victory.................

http://www.leaderpost.com/cars/pulls...784/story.html

A cap on increases, but it only extends the pain. I foresee several years of 15% increases until they get to where they wanted.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
Rinty
Studly Adventurer

Well, the problem has not gone away, and the stakeholders still need to get their own statistician to thoroughly analyze SGI's numbers.

It may be that the investigation has to go underneath the stats, and review some accident reports to comfirm their accuracy.

This is one of the problems with a public insurance system: the affected ratepayers end up butting heads with their government, and it's a mismatch.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #45
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
This is one of the problems with a public insurance system: the affected ratepayers end up butting heads with their government, and it's a mismatch.
You are also stuck with full coverage insurance and it's excessive cost. I have never had more than basic liability insurance on a motorcycle. I had one stolen once but that was my fault for parking it in a obvious place where it was visible. This was in 1978 and it was a 1977 Kawasaki KE175. So I think I'm money ahead and I'm more careful without all the extra insurance.
2004 Honda XR400R