ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,549
I was waiting for this.

I have lived here all my life, born and raised. I was also a cop!
Seems like 97% of the crime is.............. You guessed it drug related.

Sooo, stay away from the drug dealers, and the areas that they hang out. I love my neighborhood.
I talk with all my neighbors. They all know me and they all come over every christmas for food and beer.
I walk my youngest boy to the bus stop everyday, and watch out for all the other little ones. My older son
has been in public schools, and is attending all honors classes. My best friends two daughters went to
public shcools, one just got a full ride scholarship, the other is almost done with her 4 yr degree, in only
3 yrs, with a 4.0 gpa, I might add. But that simply comes down to parent involvement, not so much the schools.

Oh my daughter in-law is an attorney, she went straight to law school right after her graduate degree, her first full time job was practicing law at the age of 25. Attended Albuquerque Public Schools.

I bugs me to hear all the bashing of Albuquerque, yes it has it's issues but I don't know of any other city with the equal amount of population, that does not.

But, the number one reason not to move to Albuquerque is: "The Riding Sucks" !
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck

Oddometer: 1,127
Whoa, good thing Dr. E didn't live in Gallup, lord knows what he would have said about this crime ridden, dirty, drunk filled down of little significance. Whew. There is also no good riding here.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,592
Portland and Seattle (PNW) are really safe places also, might get lucky and get another Ted Bundy as your neighbor.

Good points Dion!

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Canyonlands Adventure Ride 2013 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,017
I dunno.. All the guys I met down there last year were real jerks. No hospitality whatsoever. Even saw one dude run another guy over and just laugh about it. Dressed in funny looking gang-style colors. Sketchy for sure.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #20
plusone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Well, looks like I'm going to risk it and head that way next Thursday (2/28) and leave by Sunday.

Any volunteers for tour guide next Saturday 3/2, give me a taste of the local trails?

Are you guys getting snow down there like we are up here?

P.S. the DR has been running just a touch lean and hot here on the plains so I figure I need to step up the jetting one notch, we won't be getting up to 12k' anytime soon so I would rather put the jetting back to what I was running for the Koko and Moab.
plusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #21
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Hope you like balloons

Didn't get squat for snow on the north end of Rio Rancho, but I had to clean about two inches off my truck in the city this morning when I got off work.

Someone is always riding here, with the extra moisture it should be really nice.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,038
My main hobbies are motorcycling and single track mountain biking. ABQ is a wonderful place to live for that, and you get to do it (in different places, depending on the season) pretty much year round with some week to two week long exceptions (today is such a day, we received 3" of snow in the foothills of ABQ this morning). The climate is generally good, but high winds are becoming more and more of a problem over the last several years. Climate change? :shrug all I know is it's really windy a lot more than it used to be. Spring time is the absolute worst with about two solid months of high winds nearly every day. Drives me crazy every year. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the climate, and it will be an improvement over Denver.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #23
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusone View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to risk it and head that way next Thursday (2/28) and leave by Sunday.

Any volunteers for tour guide next Saturday 3/2, give me a taste of the local trails?

Are you guys getting snow down there like we are up here?

P.S. the DR has been running just a touch lean and hot here on the plains so I figure I need to step up the jetting one notch, we won't be getting up to 12k' anytime soon so I would rather put the jetting back to what I was running for the Koko and Moab.
I would love to show you around, however I will not be in town on Saturday. If you plan on coming out here again
shoot me a pm.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
plusone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDad View Post
I would love to show you around, however I will not be in town on Saturday. If you plan on coming out here again
shoot me a pm.
Thanks DirtDad
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
plusone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok, so I have been reading about a riding area just West of Rio Rancho. The plan is to head that way on Sat (3/2/2013) for my first taste of NM riding. I will be on a white/blue DR350 with Colorado plates. If anyone is interested in meeting up shoot me a PM or post up. I generally ride at a moderate pace and can handle technical trails. Thanks

plusone screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 08:39 PM
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusone View Post
Ok, so I have been reading about a riding area just West of Rio Rancho. The plan is to head that way on Sat morning (3/2/2013) for my first taste of NM riding.
That's this stuff:
http://youtu.be/vGJp8016N3g?hd=1

http://youtu.be/wh0foL4QESQ?hd=1

Really fun area, but I was thankful to have a local guide. Bring a GPS with a backtrack function if you're solo. All those canyons looks the same.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,592
I'll be in Moab or I'd give ya the 10 cent tour You'll like it if you don't mind sand.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Canyonlands Adventure Ride 2013 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
selaznog
Avoiding pavement

Oddometer: 2,737
If I'm around I'll try to meet you out there. My 2T could use a workout. Post up the time in this thread. Disclaimer: moderate pace it the best you will get from me.
selaznog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
plusone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
That's this stuff:
http://youtu.be/vGJp8016N3g?hd=1

http://youtu.be/wh0foL4QESQ?hd=1

Really fun area, but I was thankful to have a local guide. Bring a GPS with a backtrack function if you're solo. All those canyons looks the same.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Riding in NNM

Good riding all around NNM, the many spots are CDR(SF) Rowe(SF) Buckman(SF) Alcalde(SF) Cow Creek(SF) ,and Rio Rathole(Abq) Cedro(Abq)