ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #31
azgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Hey Gary I'm betting you were the oldest rider there on the oldest bike
Yes and Yes. You missed a great ride.
azgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
dezrat57
New River, Arizona

Oddometer: 161
Hey Az Gary..
great ride...did you know our new friend Kevin on the Berg..who was following you in Buckhorn Wash stopped and told me to pass..he could not keep up with you...12yrs your junior......Don't tell ur Bride..
dave
dezrat57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrat57 View Post
Hey Az Gary..
great ride...did you know our new friend Kevin on the Berg..who was following you in Buckhorn Wash stopped and told me to pass..he could not keep up with you...12yrs your junior......Don't tell ur Bride..
dave
I have ridden with Gary and he can really scoot. I was planning on this ride but I'm still battling this flu. Looked like a good group. I did buckhorn a couple of weeks ago. Did you guys stop by Isaac Bradshaw's grave site?
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #34
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
What is a Trailtech Striker?
That piece O' Sh*@ :

It works for 25 minutes. I am calling the company tomorrow to see what they have to say. I am so angry for waisting my time on it and did it by the book to work only 4 few minutes ...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #35
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Pic

Ditto on the great ride gents! Eddy post that pic of Dave coming up out the river bank when you get get a chance.
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
That piece O' Sh*@ :

It works for 25 minutes. I am calling the company tomorrow to see what they have to say. I am so angry for waisting my time on it and did it by the book to work only 4 few minutes ...
Get rid of it! Your better off not knowing how fast your going
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
Ditto on the great ride gents! Eddy post that pic of Dave coming up out the river bank when you get get a chance.
I'll post some pics later on cool ride all together.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgary View Post
Thanks for the ride Eddy. I had a great time with a great group of guys. Hope I didn't slow you guys down too much. I'm going to take some Advil now.
U welcome Azgary.

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 12:50 PM
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #39
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
Ride report and pictures started here.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20863349

Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
That piece O' Sh*@ :

Eddy, I have the Trailtech Endurance model and it has worked great for over a year. The tech did email me telling me there was possible problems with certain serial numbers including mine and to send it back for a new unit. Took 4 days mailing time and I had a new unit. I have found they are very nice people to deal with.
That is likely why you missed the Power Lines as you were upset about the "Striker"...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #41
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Is Aaron putting together a video of the ride.

My friends in the jeep we met asked why did I not stop to say hi. I said "have you ever tried to stop a high-speed train"! Was not going to happen...

Did talk with some of my friends with the local Search & Rescue and they said the gates have been up and locked since the first of the year. That is patented land so they have a right to close the road if they so choose.

There is that steep rocky jeep trail I spoke of and some horse trails down to the river from that area, so I guess I'm going to have to find a new route for that Hassayampa loop.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
dezrat57
New River, Arizona

Oddometer: 161
An alternate route would be great...even if it took burning it in some time....the trail down hill from the locked gate you pointed out...is it passable??
also the guy at the gate mentioned his "boss" is a nice guy..(was running a track hoe in the river bottom as we passed) and that someone just stop and talk to him...any takers???
if I was closer I would do it...the guy at the gate cooled down after talking..

thx
dave
dezrat57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
Eddy, I have the Trailtech Endurance model and it has worked great for over a year. The tech did email me telling me there was possible problems with certain serial numbers
I called today they'll send me new speed sensor asap.
Quote:
That is likely why you missed the Power Lines as you were upset about the "Striker"...
i just got carried away with the rythem and missed that turn.
Quote:
Is Aaron putting together a video of the ride.
He's suppose to. I'll post them soon as i get them (few vids)...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #44
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
An alternate route would be great...even if it took burning it in some time....the trail down hill from the locked gate you pointed out...is it passable??
also the guy at the gate mentioned his "boss" is a nice guy..(was running a track hoe in the river bottom as we passed) and that someone just stop and talk to him...any takers???

thx
dave
I understand they are strip-mining the river about a 1/4 mile further upstream from our/your jump-out point. Not certain of laws regarding the access of a flowing stream such as the Hassayampa River. I'll check the area out soon.

The other trail to the East would bring us down to the river above the mining point and we would still have to deal with that issue. I'm guessing some of our crew on Sunday may have had a very difficult time with that trail. I have done it a few times but it's about 1/2 mile of a twisty sand wash and a long white-knuckle kind of steep, off camber, rocky climb with a damn wire-gap in the middle, just for fun. Lots of great scenery in the area and old mines stuff along the river.

I know of the property owner and could likely get a combination but I prefer not to put myself in a situation like that. I'm gussing in a few months the gates will again be opened - - - like it has been the past 34 years. Lot's of locals use that trail as there is very limited acces from the South side of the river.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #45
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

thx
dave
Dave - - - found a Pix of the White Mine Trail (alternate route) i spoke of. This is the 1/2 way point at the wire-gap. You can see the verticle drop with this section and this only shows a bit of the trail.