User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
redwineracing OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Europe The second leg

Our time is nearly up here in the USA and we have our return flights booked and the freight for my bike sorted. So I have now started thinking about my solo trip around the EU. I have learnt a lot while out here in the U.S. But the second part of my trip is going to be a lot different as I will be camping, I will also be travelling alone as my partner has to return home. And then there is the language differences. I shall probably be leaving mid to end of September it depends on how long it takes for my bike to get back.
The unpaved roads out here have been fantastic and plentiful, what are they like in the various countries of the EU? Any advice on rules and regs for riding forest, fire, logging roads etc? Would be great.
Thanks Martin.
redwineracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:46 AM   #2
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,975
As far as I'm aware, off-roading (aka green-laning) is illegal in Germany, Switerzland and Austria -and probably a few more countries within the EU.

There's no need to worry about the language difference but, if you want to, get one of those free foreign language apps for your phone - I use dict.cc. Learning a few basics will really endear you to an locals you meet though - yes, no, please, thanks, a beer, another beer, more beer :)
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote