ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
lonerockz OP
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Bay Area 1000-in-24 hour rides

Howdy folks, I'm in this year's Iron Butt Rally and as part of my training I've organized several 1000 miles in 24 hour rides for people that want to get there Iron Butt Certificate.

These are not "group rides" per say, we will all leave and arrive at the same place, but folks will be released every few minutes. I'll be bringing up the rear to help out any folks that are in need of any assistance. I've been doing these and more difficult rides for a few years and have no need to actually finish, so if someone needs gas, or brakes down I'm under no pressure to keep moving.

Dates are as follows:

March 30th - Firm Date
Mandatory Pre-Ride meeting Wednesday 3/27 8:00pm - Location TBD.
Route 122mile range: http://goo.gl/maps/NLUBF

April 20th - Tentative Date

May 4 - Firm
Mandatory Pre-Ride meeting Wednesday 5/1 7:00pm - Location TBD.
Route TBD

Please PM me with you email address and I will add you to the evite for the ride of your choice.

If you have questions post away!

PS if you some crotchety old safety nazi that's convinced anyone that attempts this kind of ride will die and there soul will be sent to eternal damnation... move along... nothing to see here...

PPS I've been organizing this on another well known Bay Area forum. Lots of questions have been asked and answered there. PM me if you want that link.
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,044
Your March 30th looks like a better route than the one I did on my SS1000. I went 80 to Reno, south 395 to Santa Clarita and 5 back to the Bay Area. Wanted to stay on major slab in the wee hours for gas and in case I had to make up for time.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
lonerockz OP
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Thanks VTwin. Yeah the route is designed to be as easy as possible, and to allow folks that are not having fun to bail out half way through. Just a quick trip back to the bay from Sacramento.
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote