User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Rides from the Blue Mountains, NSW

Having not racked up to many dirt kays in the last few months, I'm keen on making a bit more out of my weekends.:
Open invite to anyone that wants to tag along.

To get started,a loose plan for some destinations i'll be wanting to get to over a couple of different weekends throughout the next couple of months, will be leaving Mt Victoria or Lithgow petrol stations and go thru Six foot track to Jenolan, Kanangra Wall, Cowmung, Mt Werong, Wombean Caves. Find some interesting way down to Araluen, Moruya heads.
Also the Oberon to Canowndra region has some interesting options.

I'll be doing either day rides, or overnighters camping/cheap pub, depending on planned route,other commitments etc

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to see who's interested, where you want to go, how long etc, and we'll see what we work out.

I'll be on a DR650 with a fuel range of about 250kms, I can strap on a 5litre jerry if I need extra.
live4daride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
D-Rally
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Definitely keen with a bit of notice I can make an escape from the wife and kids for a day ride or overnighter.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Scotty4x4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Hey.

A good ride would be caves to caves. Wombeyan to Janolan caves. When we have done it in the 4wds we meet at wollindilly station(camping only) on the Friday night and left Saturday morning and went to yerrandrie national park and camp near the old goverment house. They are options to stay in the old ghost mining buildings there to for the non campers. And then on the Sunday go through dingo dell camp ground and then a climb out to kangara walls the. Janolan caves for the finish.

Not to sure fuel wise distances tho. Only done it in the 4wd.

Another great area near Oberon is Abercrombie national park and camping at the beach or silent creek. Couple of small river crossing and steep climbs. Bit tricky in the wet on bikes cause most of tue hills are clay based.

Another was mount horrible through the turon gates as you suggested the other day.

Just a couple of ideas.

I'm happy for any type of ride over weekends and keen to even meet up Friday nights and start Saturday to get that bit more distance in some trips.

And give me more practice on what I should be carrying.. Tubes...
Scotty4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
If the rides aren't to tight and technical I can bring the tanker for fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4daride View Post
Having not racked up to many dirt kays in the last few months, I'm keen on making a bit more out of my weekends.:
Open invite to anyone that wants to tag along.

To get started,a loose plan for some destinations i'll be wanting to get to over a couple of different weekends throughout the next couple of months, will be leaving Mt Victoria or Lithgow petrol stations and go thru Six foot track to Jenolan, Kanangra Wall, Cowmung, Mt Werong, Wombean Caves. Find some interesting way down to Araluen, Moruya heads.
Also the Oberon to Canowndra region has some interesting options.

I'll be doing either day rides, or overnighters camping/cheap pub, depending on planned route,other commitments etc

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to see who's interested, where you want to go, how long etc, and we'll see what we work out.

I'll be on a DR650 with a fuel range of about 250kms, I can strap on a 5litre jerry if I need extra.

Which bit of the six foot track are you planing to do, most of it walking track only though private propety, there is a fair bit up around the top of the range in the forest areas that you can do on a bike, but the last leg into jenolan would not be worth the shit you would get yourself into, the last bloke I know who did that ended up in court with a pile of charges against him and it cost him the price of two brand new bikes, there is a heap of caves guides houses on the other side of the valley and they can hear you fart on the six foot track, I know because I use to live there.

Pat D
CrazyZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
D_A
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
I don't know about tracks through the central Blue Mountains area, but up behind Lithgow there's some nice dirt roads in an area called Black fellow's Hand. The glow worm tunnels (old railway tunnels) are worth a look if you're into naturey type stuff and not hard to get to.
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyZ9 View Post
Which bit of the six foot track are you planing to do, most of it walking track only though private propety, there is a fair bit up around the top of the range in the forest areas that you can do on a bike, but the last leg into jenolan would not be worth the shit you would get yourself into, the last bloke I know who did that ended up in court with a pile of charges against him and it cost him the price of two brand new bikes, there is a heap of caves guides houses on the other side of the valley and they can hear you fart on the six foot track, I know because I use to live there.

Pat D
i used to live there too back in the 90's. good old burma rd. when were you there?
Husaberg 350
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simosez View Post
i used to live there too back in the 90's. good old burma rd. when were you there?

I was the eleco there form 78 till 86, live down the bottom for a few months then up at forest lodge untill I brought the farm, Simo that name rings a bell.
CrazyZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
I've subscribed guys, not letting you get away that easy. Always keen for a ride.

Spent today playing with my project DR650 You checked your NSU (Neutral sender unit) bolts yet live4daride Could be time.
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 993

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
PeterGSA
NSW Adv Rider

Oddometer: 115
Yep, I'm in for day rides and overnighters, so long as there's pub stay. I don't have any camping gear and have no interest buying any.
More than happy to see the pics and RR on the camping weekend rides.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #12
toecutta
06 R1200GS Adventure

Oddometer: 137
subscribed... watching... interested

toecutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #13
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I was just about to put something up for next weekend,2nd or 3rd March, with Wombeyan Caves in mind, looks like PVMOTO has beat me too it.( see Sydney to Yerranderie via Wombeyan caves) :) I'll try and tag along with that group. Scotty, let me know if you do decide to go, cause then i'll bring a spare tube!

If some people are wanting to go from the Mountains, thru Kowmung and onto Yerranderie, and meet the other there, that could be an option, not sure if i'll do an overnighter yet. Anyway, we'll firm up plans as this week goes on.
live4daride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #14
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
We'll just combine. If u have a route in mind then we'll just run with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
Scotty4x4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4daride View Post
I was just about to put something up for next weekend,2nd or 3rd March, with Wombeyan Caves in mind, looks like PVMOTO has beat me too it.( see Sydney to Yerranderie via Wombeyan caves) :) I'll try and tag along with that group. Scotty, let me know if you do decide to go, cause then i'll bring a spare tube!

If some people are wanting to go from the Mountains, thru Kowmung and onto Yerranderie, and meet the other there, that could be an option, not sure if i'll do an overnighter yet. Anyway, we'll firm up plans as this week goes on.
I have a front and a rear tube now spare... And I changed the rear back to a heavy duty one.
Scotty4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote