User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,631
Modifications.... damn you Ritmo Serino

So what are my options for cover plates when I ditch the airbox on my R100 RS?

I checked in on Boxer Metal but the site isn't coming up (?) I assume you can order from Ritmo but their translation page is difficult at best -

I'd like the one that relocates the battery on top the tranny, has proper crank case breather hose, etc.

Why I'm doing this: I'm breaking up with my Bings, she needs more power Scotty. Going with either Dellorto or Keihins.

Yes I know my intake ports will need mods.

(my MODEL bike done by Ritmo Sereno)......

ps - mine's already dual plugged, dyna coiled, enduralasted, and will have EME ignition.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice

Zodiac screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 09:45 AM
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,419
WOW.

Man that r12 rear end adds some wheelbase! How do you like the added length?

What shock is that?

Were the rear brake parts custom?

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
WOW.

What shock is that?

Were the rear brake parts custom?
-sorry, I thought everyone has seen that - that IS NOT my bike (but I'd give my left testicle and ear for it.)

That's the Ritmo Sereno custom.

ps - (if it were mine I wouldn't be asking the question....)
Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Pokie
Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer: 851
Only the left one huh?
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,781
Personally, I would get Dell's and leave the stock airbox on. Cut off our new carb spigots to just the right length and file off around a third of the velocity stack threads and the stock airbox snorkels fit on like they were made for them.

Port mods? If you call changing the spigots port mods? A little bit of matching up is all they will need. Do it with that intake valve closed and vacuum/blow the chips right out.

Dual plugged? I hope you raised the compression? What you really need is a sport cam! That's the best and biggest single thing I ever did to my bike other than putting a close ratio gearset in it.

That often brought up Sereno bike? I couldn't ride that thing with that monster long wheelbase and an engine that isn't raised. With 17" wheels to boot? I would be into the valve covers way too hard unless I slowed way down. Not my idea of a fun bike and that is just sticking with the basics. There are tons of details I would do differently but a lot of that is just a matter of taste. On the positive side, I might be interested in those forks!!

I just noticed were the crank case breather hose goes on that bike??? That's not right!

supershaft screwed with this post 06-22-2013 at 12:19 PM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
kaput13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
So what are my options for cover plates when I ditch the airbox on my R100 RS?

I checked in on Boxer Metal but the site isn't coming up (?) I assume you can order from Ritmo but their translation page is difficult at best -

I'd like the one that relocates the battery on top the tranny, has proper crank case breather hose, etc.

Why I'm doing this: I'm breaking up with my Bings, she needs more power Scotty. Going with either Dellorto or Keihins.

Yes I know my intake ports will need mods.

ps - mine's already dual plugged, dyna coiled, enduralasted, and will have EME ignition.

Nice RS just as it is. But I gots Ritmo Sereno lust too. You probably know that Bavarian Café can get Ritmo parts?

For my 81RS build I'm going with Dellorto carbs and hopefully you'll do this first so I can learn from your experience.

For the block off plate: Boxer Metal period.

If it was mine and I had the bucks, I'd do the seat, exhaust, front fender, old style valve covers, shock, dellorto's and call it a day but I'm looking forward to seeing what you build.

Post your experience please. I'm all in.
kaput13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Personally, I would get Dell's and leave the stock airbox on. Cut off our new carb spigots to just the right length and file off around a third of the velocity stack threads and the stock airbox snorkels fit on like they were made for them.

Port mods? If you call changing the spigots port mods? A little bit of matching up is all they will need. Do it with that intake valve closed and vacuum/blow the chips right out.

Dual plugged? I hope you raised the compression? What you really need is a sport cam! That's the best and biggest single thing I ever did to my bike other than putting a close ratio gearset in it.

That often brought up Sereno bike? I couldn't ride that thing with that monster long wheelbase and an engine that isn't raised. With 17" wheels to boot? I would be into the valve covers way too hard unless I slowed way down. Not my idea of a fun bike and that is just sticking with the basics. There are tons of details I would do differently but a lot of that is just a matter of taste. On the positive side, I might be interested in those forks!!

I just noticed were the crank case breather hose goes on that bike??? That's not right!

I have the 336 cam, thought that was the sport cam (?)

The mono already has a shorter gear ratio in the rear diff, so you changed the gears internally in your tran?

I think with the Keihins, the intake port doesn't match with the carbs spigot, but that's what a mechanic told me, the Dells probably don't need mods though.

So why wouldn't that breather work? Seems like it just feeds to one carb, one side. Why would that not work?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput13 View Post
Nice RS just as it is. But I gots Ritmo Sereno lust too. You probably know that Bavarian Café can get Ritmo parts?

For my 81RS build I'm going with Dellorto carbs and hopefully you'll do this first so I can learn from your experience.

For the block off plate: Boxer Metal period.

If it was mine and I had the bucks, I'd do the seat, exhaust, front fender, old style valve covers, shock, dellorto's and call it a day but I'm looking forward to seeing what you build.

Post your experience please. I'm all in.
Thanks, no I didn't know about Bav Cafe being a Ritmo source.

Yes, going with Boxer Metal batt box/air box eliminator set up.

I'm not going that far, but want the engine pushed to it's limit, cleaned up, and will eventually get rear sets (when BM comes out with them for monos... ;-)

Will also do a tear down nxt winter and have frame PC'd.

I found an old seat pan and blasted it, had it PC'd - inherited a really good piece of brown leather and will be crafting a solo (shaped) seat but it will remain on the full length pan (not a cafe!)

PS - I actually dislike the peanut valve covers, and like the stock ones more. I had mine crinkle PC'd in flat black and they look pretty slick.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
R100LT
Chasing 11

Oddometer: 626
I am soooooo with you there Zodiac ... Now that I have a R90S ... I am thinking of doing something similar to my RS mono. Sort of got "over" the whole café idea .. and going down this track some.

Does anyone know what rims and front forks are use ???
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R100LT View Post
I am soooooo with you there Zodiac ... Now that I have a R90S ... I am thinking of doing something similar to my RS mono. Sort of got "over" the whole café idea .. and going down this track some.

Does anyone know what rims and front forks are use ???
The rims look to be the same as on my K100RS 16V (92).
Old 06-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
RGregor
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Is the wheel base really longer? Maybe it's an optical problem?
Taking the distance from the central head-nut and the swing arm bearing as a reference I get nearly the same relation wheelbase/reference.
But that's hard to measure with the set square on the monitor.

Clearance seems to be improved as thay have to put a plank under the central stand to get the rear wheel to the same height.
RGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
R100LT
Chasing 11

Oddometer: 626
One minor thing that I would have don e.. fill in the holes where the crash bars come out of the lower fairing
Old 06-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,681
If Wudo is still around, they sell (sold) rear sets for R100RS's as I put a set on my'83 back in'96

They are still around, but their rear sets are already at over $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
I'd have thought a slightly longer wheelbase would have improved the Mono chassis. I've never liked the handling on them or the way they wag their tail when you push them. That Ritmo bike is stunning.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I have the 336 cam, thought that was the sport cam (?)

The mono already has a shorter gear ratio in the rear diff, so you changed the gears internally in your tran?

I think with the Keihins, the intake port doesn't match with the carbs spigot, but that's what a mechanic told me, the Dells probably don't need mods though.

So why wouldn't that breather work? Seems like it just feeds to one carb, one side. Why would that not work?
The 336 is called the sport cam. I forgot that you have one in your bike? How do you like it?? I still hope you raised compression?

The Mono RS has 3.00 versus a 2.91. The 3.00 is plenty tall enough for me. I have yet ever run my bike up to top speed with my 3.00. At 8k rpm I suspect that will be around 135mph. I know it will pull 8k in forth. Yes, the RS close ratio gearset goes inside the tranny. The first three gears are different. Third and forth are the same.

Breathers work. I just think airboxes work better.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote