Not many of my photos actually show our bikes. Here are a few:

Duffey Lake, BC - July 2012

Emile Grandjean, Idaho - June 2011 - nice spot for lunch

Yellow Brick Road, outside of Penticton, BC - 2010

Wauconda, Washington - 2012

Bear Lake, BC (Hwy 31A outside of Kaslo) 2011

Jocelyn, my lady

me

There are many more photos, but somehow the bikes never get in them.

My blog:
http://t-34.hobby-site.com/moto/limousine_parking.html

Happy touring
Scott Fraser
Calgary, Alberta
Scott_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
scythe08
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Wow! That's pretty awesome! I was running in Idaho along hwy12 and didn't see another bike for hours. I stop at the absolute last gas station for an obscene amount of miles and all of the sudden 2 other bikes and a Burgman show up. The Dude was loaded for Bear! We all wanted to talk to him, but he wouldn't have anything to do with us. How long can you guys ride without getting really sore? How much do crosswinds affect you? What is your range on a full tank? LOL Thanks for sharing your trip

scythe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
125uCrazy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Scott_F

Great photos and I love to see scoot's on tour.

Nice that your Mrs rides her own steed

Please post more
125uCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Scott_F OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
Wow! That's pretty awesome! I was running in Idaho along hwy12 and didn't see another bike for hours. I stop at the absolute last gas station for an obscene amount of miles and all of the sudden 2 other bikes and a Burgman show up. The Dude was loaded for Bear! We all wanted to talk to him, but he wouldn't have anything to do with us. How long can you guys ride without getting really sore? How much do crosswinds affect you? What is your range on a full tank? LOL Thanks for sharing your trip

Idaho: We've been from Missoula and across Lolo to Lewiston, past White Bird for the first time and south to Payette before cutting east through Stanley to Salmon and back north. Next year we came through Bonner's Ferry and behind Couer D'Alene Lake to St.Maries and Orofino before returning to Whiter Bird through Kooksia, then back to Lewiston and south through Rattlesnake Grade to the Wallowas. We rode from Baker City for a week and last year went to Washington, toured for a few days from Republic and then went to Victoria before coming back the long way through BC. On our second trip last year we spent ten days in northwestern Montana. There are some great roads and some beautiful spots all through there.

Q1. We plan our days for 450 km, or 300 miles. That's easy, and if we feel up too it and it is not too late, might press on for another hour. We travel with full kit, prepared to camp and cook as need arises.

We don't have an itinerary, just an idea of where we are going and a firm date when we must be back. It's the best kind of holiday. We usually start out later than we hope to, spend an hour or two over lunch and for dinner, and we stop frequently, every hour, to walk and stretch and refocus. We do not ride before 8AM or after 8PM because there are just too many deer on the road where we ride. That is our routine when we tour.

On day trips, it is no problem to cover greater distance, 350 or 400 miles. We have certainly done that, but have found that if we try and go too far, too often we end up pushing to get to our destination. We are lazy travelers.

As for comfort: the greatest improvement made to our bikes is the addition of an aftermarket backrest bracket that raises the backrest to the small of our back and shifts it back an inch or two. Lumbar support makes an enormous difference. At 5'10", 34" inseam, I am at the verge of being cramped behind the fairing. There are certainly times when I wish I could stretch my legs out to rest on highway pegs, but it is not onerous to do without. The ride is smooth, without the buzziness of a v-twin. Weather protection is supreme.

Q2: Crosswinds, and high speed in general. Where I live, warm air from the pacific dumps down after it crosses the mountains. It is always windy here and the farther south one goes, the windier it gets. 40mph crosswinds are not uncommon south to the Crownest Pass along any southern Alberta highway. The Burgmans hold the road surprisingly well, although they may be slightly more susceptable to gusts than a fulley dressed cruiser. The rear body does catch the wind, but the bike still handles better than either of my cruisers.

Q3: Mileage is about 20 or 21 km per liter, which means nothing. That works out to 57 miles per Imperial gallon, or 45 miles to a US gallon. The tank holds 15 liters, so theoretically we can go 300 km, 180 miles, but by then I'm having kittens. We fuel up after 200 km (120 miles) to avoid that. Vacations are supposed to avoid stress, so we do.

Anyway, there's an answer to your questions. Now go get a scooter.

Ride safe
Scott Fraser
Calgary
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #5
Scott_F OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by 125uCrazy View Post
... Nice that your Mrs rides her own steed...
LOL! Funny you should say that. As a girl she had her own horse, so she took to a wee scooter like a duck to water. This is her horse today!

For more photos go to my website: http://t-34.hobby-site.com/moto/limousine_parking.html. We have been to many fantastic places.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 724
Beautiful area you live in up there, have had the pleasure of visiting during all times of the year. Loved roaming around especially during the long Summer days. Your backrest setup set like a great idea for a great scooter.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Tarka
Doesn't wave back.

Oddometer: 1,901
Christ,couldn`t you get any more stuff on that white Burgy ??

What were you doing,moving house ?

Nice photos....great to see some other 'Burgermeisters' out travelling.

I'd only waste my money if I didn`t spend it on all my bikes......
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote