User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots

Anyone have these? I need something for possible heavy rains for about a 25 mile one way ride to/from work. I don't wanna piss my money down the drain. No leakers allowed. Anyone? Or any other suggestions? I have to go through airport screening so no metal allowed in boots, unless I wanna take my boots off. $116 is a good price range. Thx DM
drmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,040
I have a pair of the 1.0 boots, and they are still waterproof. The sole wore smooth too soon, but the 2.0 boots have an upgraded sole that fixes this sole (ha!) complaint.

They're very comfy for walking, too. Not as much protection as a roadracing or MX boot, of course, but they're nice and low-key when you're not on the bike.

I just spent a few minutes bending mine back and forth and I can't really tell whether they've got a metal shank. Even if it is metal, this shouldn't cause issues at the airport -- most dress shoes are made with metal shanks. The ankle armor inside the boots is plastic, and there's no other metal other than the zipper slider.

Sounds like they might be perfect for you.
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
I have a pair of the 1.0 boots, and they are still waterproof. The sole wore smooth too soon, but the 2.0 boots have an upgraded sole that fixes this sole (ha!) complaint.

They're very comfy for walking, too. Not as much protection as a roadracing or MX boot, of course, but they're nice and low-key when you're not on the bike.

I just spent a few minutes bending mine back and forth and I can't really tell whether they've got a metal shank. Even if it is metal, this shouldn't cause issues at the airport -- most dress shoes are made with metal shanks. The ankle armor inside the boots is plastic, and there's no other metal other than the zipper slider.

Sounds like they might be perfect for you.
have you road in some heavy rain then? Also I'm size 12 in shoe. Should I order size 12, in your opinion? Thx
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #4
sailorninja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
have you road in some heavy rain then? Also I'm size 12 in shoe. Should I order size 12, in your opinion? Thx
I have the womens version, and I don't know about water proof part but they are really good for keeping your feet cool and warm, and they are very true to size. (In womens at least)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
sailorninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
mikejjmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
I have these exact boots, and do about a 40 min commute each way every day. No problems, and they look really nice (meaning if you forget work shoes you can just leave them on and pull pant legs over them and they will blend right in in an office environment.) Never had any leak issues. For the $, they cant be beat
Old 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Yes, and yes. I happen to wear size 12 and that's what I bought.

You could also head over to Cycle Outfitters in Greenwood and try 'em on. They stock them and why not support the locals?
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 857
I've had a pair. I don't see how you could do any better for the money. Comfy and waterproof.
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
TonyT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
I've had two pairs of these boots.
The first pair leaked badly in the shoe (as opposed to the shaft). Tourmaster replaced them without a problem. Their rep at Daytona did seem genuinely surprised that they had leaked. He told me that the boots would go to their head office and be torn apart to find out what was wrong. My own guess is that the factory forgot to put in the waterproofing membrane or whatever they use.
The second pair have performed flawlessly for four or five years, with never a drop leaked.
They are comfortable and breath well, although they can get hot behind the jugs on my R1150R. But then, what wouldn't?
Cheers,
Tony
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
pplummer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Amazing boots. Put about 50k on first pair, never leaked. Ever. zipper broke, called tour master to see if they could repair and they said send them in. They sent me a new pair back. Great service. Kudos to tourmaster.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #10
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 467
They fit me well and are true to size, protect decently, ARE indeed waterproof, comfortable in all temps, easy to walk in= a great deal= buy them!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #11
k12lts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I've had version 1.0 for about 4 years. For the money they can't be beat. Been in lots of rain and not a leak ever.
1981 BMW R100RS
2006 KLR 650
k12lts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 857
If your willing to up your price range to $200 these are on closeout and are a much better boot.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpi...gore-tex-boots
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #13
TheProphet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Thumb

Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots

I've had a pair of these boots for about three years now. Every spring, I lather them down pretty thick with "Wilson's Baseball Glove Conditioner", let them sit overnight, then wipe off any excess the next morning. This helps to keep the leather parts like new, and I would like to believe it helps with the waterproofing / water resistance as well.

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/baseball...e-conditioner/

Rode all the way down from Elkhart Lake Wisconsin to Yorkville, Illinois (185 Miles) in the POURING rain last year, feet remained dry the whole time. Nice.

IMO, not the most comfortable walking boot, so I keep a pair of hiking shoes in the saddle bag just in case. Just takes a minute to change over. In all, an excellent boot, very nice for riding, plus they offer a little protection in the ankle and shin area.

TheProphet screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 09:10 AM
TheProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:25 AM   #14
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
Yes, and yes. I happen to wear size 12 and that's what I bought.

You could also head over to Cycle Outfitters in Greenwood and try 'em on. They stock them and why not support the locals?
Heading over there today to look. Hopefully they have another brand maybe alpines to compare. Whichever one has better waterproofing. I'd support them if they were not too far outta line! I do support local state tax as internet buying creates higher taxes for all.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:49 AM   #15
Joelh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Have a pair of these and thought that I "needed" combat tour boots. After 6 rides, the CBT's are for sale and Beck in the tourmasters. All day comfortable for riding and walking. Thinking of getting the solution air for summer as my feet get a bit warm then
Joelh is offline   Reply With Quote