Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Japanviking OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Alpinestars dealer in Chandler AZ

Hi,

Will be in Chandler for business 10 days from tomorrow. Would like to pick up a new 1pc racing suit and maybe a new helmet. Mostly interested in the Alpinestars but could also be interested in other brands.

Any recommendations for a good dealer in this area?

I would also be interested in renting a bike for the weekend. Any suggestions for places to rent a GS or similar?
Other fun things to do for the weekend?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
nimbus9
n00b

Oddometer: 7
From your user name and locations listed in your signature (Tokyo), I believe that there are better options such as RS Taichi available to you. Alpinestars latest gear has a mass produced look and feel to me these days.
nimbus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Japanviking OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus9 View Post
From your user name and locations listed in your signature (Tokyo), I believe that there are better options such as RS Taichi available to you. Alpinestars latest gear has a mass produced look and feel to me these days.
Thanks for your suggestion,

At my size there is nothing to buy over here. The low to mid level suits offered by the Japanese brands are not better made than the European ones. They are all mass produced in China.
The only option for me to get a Japanese branded suit that fits me is to get a full custom. A full custom Kushitani will set me back around 3500USD even with a generous 20& discount. For that price it will be made in Japan.

I am still considering the Kushitani but would like to see how an AS suit fits me. I already have a Dainese and a Berik. My latest upgraded (very thick) back protector from Forcefield in combination with the chest protector makes my current suits too tight for comfort.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,652
You can rent a GS at GoAZ motorcycles in Scottsdale. They're about 30-45 minutes from Chandler. They have a few showrooms with gear for all types of bikes so should have something you're looking for. I know Cycle Gear in Mesa (10-20mins from Chandler) carries Alpinestars, but most likely they won't have what you're looking for in stock. They tend to stock their store brand (Bilt) and want you to special order most other brands. It can't hurt to look, though.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Japanviking OP
Adventurer

Thank you so much. I hope I have some spare time to rent a bike and go for a ride.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
There is a shitload of snow In the north now, so if you are coming soon check the weather. If not get a bike and head north into Sedona up the 89 into flagstaff. Have a coffee at Macy's. If you got a couple days head around the grand canyon into southern Utah and ride the 12 around zion. Some of the most beautiful parts of this country. Just be careful with the weather this time of year.

Oh, and if you want to ride dirt trails, it's endless. Just pick up a forest service map. Just sout of Flag is the best and pretty close to you.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote