Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #16
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
I have been up to Dawson City rwice now all for the D2D event. Weather was great one year and iffy the second time. Mostly on the way out. Both times while there it was excellent for some strange reason! The D2D is around the summer solstice , june 20-21 time. It is well worth planning to get there for this event if you can. A seriously great time.....and a beautifull old gold rush town to explore etc. The Gold Rsuh show is based out of it for one bunch of miners. I have met most of them and had a tour around their mine also. Indian river and Quartz Creek, Todd Hoffman's mine. I stayed at the Goldrush campsite right in Dawson City and they used to come in to do their laundry. Very nice guys to talk to. The dempster is a fantastic ride also......well worth the price of admission!
Research the D2D and do your best to plan around it if you can....you won't be sorry.
300 plus adventure riders show up for 2-3 days and then disappear into the wilderness the next day as if they were never there. Really strange!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
slo rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
We went last year from mid-June to early-July. Had very little rain, some cold days, and some warm days. Just be prepared for anything. As for traffic, it's pretty non-existant except for major cities. Have fun, it'll be an amazing trip.
slo rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
dungbeatle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
just go do it

Going before June you would freeze and experience some late winter weather if things turned on you. Up towards Deadhorse would be down right cool all the time. Late June early July would be a good time, big area and does not get crowded in the out lying areas, the usual tourist places get a little more attention but remember this is not Yellowstone so crowds do not get huge like in the south.
Ride over the Top of the World and go into Dawson city for at least a night and see the sights you will be glad you did, and the ride is spectacular.
dungbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote