User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Metalsapo OP
R.E. Ordoņez

Oddometer: 41
Continental TKC80

Hi friends, i just thought to be nice to dedicate the Thread to the great continental TKC80 and to know what you think from them, and also, when is best to change them? and here a picture of one of the first trips with them, the back tire and his new close friend jajajjaja.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Snarky
Vodka Infused.

Oddometer: 1,342
When I put about 5000 miles on the GSA I switched to TKC80s. I've hand them for about 5000 miles since then, and they are wearing pretty good, no problems yet. They are great offroad, I would say that they are not exactly confidence inspiring on pavement. You always think twice about certain turns at certain speeds. Moisture is not their friend, especially on El Paso's greasy and hilly roads.

They are lasting a lot better than I expecting, I'm getting more life out of this TKC80 rear than I ever did Distanzias on the Versys. I need to check the knobs and see if there I any trouble spots pulling away. The 99 mph or so speed limit on them does squash some of one's hooliganism spirit.

Did I mention that they just look fuckin cool? They do. Sometimes that's important, but more importantly is that they don't act 'weird' on gravel roads... generally.
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 1,053
Tkc80

Got them on both bikes. KTM690ER and R1200GSA
I think they are great on pavement! Only have a couple hun on the latest set on the GSA, but the chicken strips are almost nonexistent. In fact I love the way they dive into turns. Nearly thrown me off the road into the apex a couple of times.
I'm going to try to control my twitchy wrist and stay off straight roads. That might prolong the life of these tires.

Oh yeah, on dirt they work. You may want another tire if you spend all your time on trail or in the dirt.

I change them when the center knob is almost gone (Profile squared off) or when I'm going on a planned trip where I know I'll need good tread.

OhBoy screwed with this post 04-15-2013 at 04:20 PM
OhBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Metalsapo OP
R.E. Ordoņez

Oddometer: 41
Thak you guys.

You have big bikes there, the big dinosaurs, and you said no problem with them, its ok for me, i do offroad and planing on develop great here in my F650GS, i just find that on pavement and of course high speed tarmak traveling its like shaving the knobs, and also i try to keep my speed around 100KPH and they work pretty well.