ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDic View Post
I knew some clueless responses would come. GET AN ATTORNEY.
ya.....listen to this guy, pay an attorney to get you out of a measly speeding ticket.

I have a better idea....find a shop to give you a repair order for your speedometer and get the ticket dropped completely. Its cheaper than a lawyer, and more honest.

5punksdad screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 06:38 PM
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
Kawikazi
Loose Cannon

Oddometer: 359
Forget the Lawyer Idea

I have lived in Virginia for over 20 years and fought atleast a half dozen tickets in court and my batting average is pretty good about getting no or reduced points. Go to court without a lawyer, plead guilty and apologize to the judge for taking up his time but that you need to keep the points off your license for professional job reasons and you are willing to take a driver improvement course to avoid points. He will most likely suspend the charge with a court order for you to take the one day driver improvement course that you can take on a Saturday for about $100.
As for lawyers, I hired one for a more serious traffic infraction about a year ago and wasted $2500 because I got the same standard punishment as everyone else in the same boat regardless of legal represtation or not. Most Lawyers, unless you know them personally, will take your case for the money even if they know they can't change the outcome of your case. This world would be a better place without them.
Kawikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
morsetaper2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
What's going to cost more? The lawyer (and any trips you might make down/back to Lexington) or the "possible" increase in insurance cost. I bet you'll spend $500-$700 on a lawyer, right?

I'd pay the fine and forget about it. What is 9 mph over.... 1 pt on your MD DL??? Isn't going to mean diddly to the insurance co., esp since you say you currently have a clean record. And in 3 yrs its gone from an insurance pt of view anyway. And there is a chance it might not get on your MD record.

My $.02
morsetaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote