Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #256
guiri OP
Looking for a good home..

Oddometer: 1,132
Am I the only one NOT seeing my graphics in the first post or is there something going on with the site?

I'm also missing some of my pm's in my inbox.

Anyone else?

Thanks

George

(By the way, JoyToy's pm responded to, thanks)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #257
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 495
[QUOTE=guiri;24615901]Am I the only one NOT seeing my graphics in the first post or is there something going on with the site?

I'm also missing some of my pm's in my inbox.

Anyone else?

Thanks

George

No pics that I can see, Captain Hook........
Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #258
guiri OP

That damn hook of mine is creating havoc. Been up all night and I'll try to get it fixed later, Gonna try to get some sleep, thanks.

George "Da hook"
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #259
guiri OP

Guys, I sold a couple hooks to a customer in Cali the other day and I've started sending out an email confirming shipment and asking how they found out about the helmet hooks. I got this from him just a couple of hours later.

=============
George,

What a great idea this product is! I just got back from going to the World Superbike Races in Monterey CA and while I was there, at a gas station, I put my $500 Shoei helmet on the mirror of my bike. When I went to walk my bike away from the gas pump my helmet started to fall off of the mirror. When I tried to catch it I ended up dropping my bike AND the helmet. The helmet and visor got scratched more than the bike, thanks to my engine guards, etc., but the scratches in the helmet are a real drag, and the new visor cost more than 2 of your helmet hooks.

One of my (5) friends that I rode up with from San Diego had 2 of your helmet hooks on his bike, so naturally, after that, I asked him where he got them. He gave me your website. I tried to order them from (dealer name withheld…) but they were backordered, so I got onto your website and ordered them. My friend found the link on a rider forum.

By the way, my bike is a 2013 KLR 650.

I will attach a picture of my bike they are going on, and a picture of the 5 bikes we rode up there, with my friends red and white Ducati Multistrada on the end, that has 2 of your helmet hooks on it.

Hopefully, these will help me from going through that scenario again!

Thanks!
============

It warms my heart to see that people have or will have really good use for the helmet hook and also, that they are now getting out and others are seeing them.
Truly made my day :)

I do hate what happened to him though :(

I have never had a helmet or a bike that I haven't dropped at least once...
Old 08-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #260
alongat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 950
Looking to buy a couple - sending a PM now...

Thank you
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #261
guiri OP

PM replied to, thanks :)

George
Old 08-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #262
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Interested in a couple of these, sending PM....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #263
jw18
fail

Oddometer: 599
I'll take one. PM sent

jw18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #264
guiri OP

Both PM's replied to, thanks guys.

I just wanted to comment on something.

For those preferring to buy directly from my site, DO let me know you're from the forum.
Because of the way discount codes/coupons work on my site and because of my online postage service (stamps.com),
I can't just give you guys a discount coupon. My shipping fees both in the US and internationally are lower than what I would
get from the US Mail and I try to use this to your advantage. The problem is that if I did a coupon, it would have to be for
x amount off which again with the way my site works, would not work well.
Last year people ordered through here so things were easy to figure out. I pm an inmate and tell them how to send payment.
This year, most have chosen to buy directly from the site and if I know they're inmates, I just give them a refund to adjust
the price but I need to know.

The alternative is of course to post here or pm me.

Thanks for the orders, I'm always thrilled to sell a Helmet Hook :)

George

guiri screwed with this post 08-19-2014 at 11:53 PM
guiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #265
xcsp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
PM sent to guiri for the helmet hooks, thinking I could use a couple.
xcsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #266
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcsp View Post
PM sent to guiri for the helmet hooks, thinking I could use a couple.
PM Replied to, thanks :)

George
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #267
Dirtnrocks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Sending pm for a hook.
Dirtnrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #268
guiri OP

Thanks. PM responded to and payment received. It'll go out tomorrow.

George :)
Old 09-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #269
guiri OP

This is very cool :)

It’s a very small world…

This is very cool and shows how small the world really is.

A couple of days ago, I sold two Helmet Hooks to a customer in Canada. Lately, I’ve started sending out a notification that they’ve shipped and also asking how they found the helmet hook.
Here’s the reply:
George:

I saw the Helmet Hook on a bike while I was on a tour earlier this year. The guy that owned it had purchased the bike with it already installed and didn't seem to know a whole lot about it. I took a photo of the hook and have been on the look out for it ever since.

I tried all the Canadian suppliers that I could think of - none seemed to know where it could be sourced. Then, the other day I was on the kawasakiversys.com forum site and ran across the Helmet Hook in one of the posts - it had a link to your site.
=========================
Two days later, I get an order for one hook from another guy in Canada and when asked how he found about it, he replied:

Hi George. This is my second one. The first one got sold with my last bike. I missed it on my new bike after this summer so just did a search on helmet hook.
=========================
No way I thought and then decided to look at their addresses to see where they live. They are about 30 minutes away from each other. Clearly, this doesn’t prove anything but, I think it’s amazing ‘cause frankly, I think it’s the same bike and although I AM the only one that sells this product, Canada is still a huge country. By the way, I think this is very cool. What do you guys think? :)
Old 10-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #270
deanearny
Aussie rider

Oddometer: 9
Hi Guiri

A couple of your helmet hooks to Aussie please. PM sent.
deanearny is offline   Reply With Quote