Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #61
rob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiri View Post
Rob, I don't know the first thing about beamers and someone asked me today if they will fit on a GSA. I asked him to send me pictures but then I thought, maybe you have an idea if they will or not.

Thanks

George

Yes, they would make a great addition to a GS Adventure. Mmmm, Mother's Day and Father's Day is coming up.....

I see if I can post a couple of pic's.

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

'07 R1200RT
'08 R1200GS
rob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #62
guiri OP
Looking for a good home..

Oddometer: 1,134
THanks.

So, it should work on his GSA then?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #63
rob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
THanks.

So, it should work on his GSA then?
Yep! I don't see a reason they wouldn't. When I get an Adventure model, your hook will be one of the first additions!

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

'73 Honda XL250
'74 Can-Am MX250
'07 R1200RT
'08 R1200GS
rob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #64
guiri OP

Sweet, thanks bro :)

Check out the new and improved original post on the first page and tell me what you think.

George
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #65
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Hey, ttime4four can you put the helmet hook ALL the way to the right so it's right up against the rubber grip?

George
I moved it against the grip and used a bit of 3/4" hose to act as a spacer to keep it pressed against the grip. The friction fit is good and allows it to be lowered or kept up.

IMG_0573

Stowed

IMG_0575

IMG_0574

The only suggestion I would offer is that you give the bend in the hook a little more "horizontal extension / protrusion". I think it would make it easier to take the helmet off the hook.

Thanks for a very handy product.

Get discounted gear here...
http://www.promotive.com/invite/JohnZ14
ttime4four is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #66
guiri OP

Thanks for the pics.

If I open the bend more, then people with the ratcheting type straps won't be able to use it or rather, use it with the strap unfastened so to speak.

Yep, it's a bit tight but that's the reason we kept it. The problem is that we're trying to make one hook fit as many bikes as possible because with the amount of variations out there, can you imagine having all the different options covered?

Now that would be a total nightmare.

Again, thanks for the pics :)

George
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #67
jackhammer50
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
okay, I like it. i will PM you for an order.
jackhammer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #68
guiri OP

Shipped early this morning and with one pad lock

Thanks

George

guiri screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 08:12 PM
guiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #69
jackhammer50
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Very nice. I installed mine his morning. I think the lock will work quite well. Just enough of a deterrent to make it difficult to just pick one up and walk off with a helment.

I installed mine between the bar weight and the bar end. Is that where most are installing them?

Thanks for a quality product. Looking forward to seeing your lights.

Jack
jackhammer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #70
guiri OP

Jack, depending on what setup people have, they install it in different places but, they should fit virtually anywhere and of course, whatever works and looks best for you. I have mine between the bar and the weight myself.

Of course, I never get to use it 'cause my bike's been sidelined for about 2 months but that's a different story.

Yeah, the reason I didn't originally make it to use WITH a padlock was that I didn't want people thinking it's in some way SECURE but we decided to add that option when munsterlander expressed a wish for a hook with a lock option and it didn't affect the hook in any way so why not.

I am very happy with those locks as they fit so snug that you could leave it on while riding and not hear any rattling.

THanks again and I'll let you know about the lights. I already have the flashlights but waiting for some background material to take my own pictures since I'll be selling the light as a kit so there are no ready pictures for me that I can use.

The light will be a 4" light with an output of OVER 400 lumens and comes with two rechargeable LITHIUM batteries and charger that can be used through USB, 12v or 110v and will do most sizes of lithiums. It takes a regular AA if you should ever have some kind of emergency and run out of batteries but it will be half as bright at around 200 lumens which is still very bright.
Rechargeable AA's are 1.2v, Alkalines 1.5 and the lithiums are 3.7v :)

The light bars will be in around a month or so from now. I'm waiting for their new line before I order any.

By the way, if anyone wants to get a light kit before I have it on the site with all the info, I will offer you a full refund if you don't like it (INCLUDING return shipping). That's how certain I am that you'll like it :)

Regular price is $89 shipped and inmate price is 79 shipped. I would say add around 10-15 bucks extra for international shipping 'cause it's pretty light stuff.

Here's a picture of the light...

George

guiri screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 07:53 PM
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #71
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Thumb

I want in on this. I am sick of dropping my helmet on the ground because I don't have a good place to put it.

Please send me 5 of these. PM incoming in 3...2...
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #72
guiri OP

Guys, I got this e mail yesterday from one of the guys that bought the hook from me...

"I recently received, and installed today, the Helmet Hook that I ordered. Excellent product! I really love it already and am looking forward to using it during the riding season.I wanted to send along a photo of a neat alternative use that I have already found for the Helmet Hook. I works great to hold the alert cord for my rear lock! Added bonus!
Thanks for a great product. "

Remember, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

What I'm saying is that experiment with the hook. It can be used for other things.

Thanks a bunch to Chris for the pic and comments

Oh, apparently he found it on the Kawi forum so thanks for posting it there for me bro

George

guiri screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 10:51 PM
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #73
guiri OP

Looking for NON USA Motorcycle Forums to find RESELLERS and show of my Helmet Hook !!

Guys, I'm trying to find RESELLERS in other countries (or individual customers) that want to sell my Helmet Hook and if I don't find anyone here that's interested, I thought I'd post in some foreign forums, but I need help finding these forums.

Surely there are people here from Europe that can make some suggestions.

I also speak Swedish and Spanish fluently so I'm good to there if they don't speak English.

More info about the Helmet Hook here

Thanks and please post initial questions in the thread.

George
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #74
guiri OP

Looking for Canadian Motorcycle Forums/RESELLERS to sell my Helmet Hook !!

Guys, I'm trying to find RESELLERS in other countries (or individual customers) that want to sell my Helmet Hook and if I don't find anyone here that's interested, I thought I'd post in some foreign forums, but I need help finding these forums.

More info about the Helmet Hook here

Thanks and please post initial questions in the thread.

George
Old 04-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #75
trailNtent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Ok, looks good. PM incoming.
trailNtent is offline   Reply With Quote